1/6 Hot Toys Wolf Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be okay with an October release as well, not saying I'm not excited to get him. Just that I've had to spend several thousand this past month on my house and would like a little financial break :lol

Did you submit a financial request to Hot Toys for the money you spent on your house. Section 5, sub-section 2 of the “Hot Toys controls all your money” contract states all non Hot Toy expenses must be submitted on form 263B for approval. If you didn’t you are in breach of contract and Hot Toys may have all funds seized and risk up to 2 years of unpaid labour manning sideshow’s complaints hotline (a fate worse than prison imo)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thing STILL not out? I didn't even see pics of it at SDCC. I'm still looking forward to this and glad we got it, but this lack of hype is concerning. It seems like we only get 1 Predator every couple of years any more. I wonder how much longer before we get none at all? Could the upcoming "Fugitive" pred be the last? That said, I don't know what else I would expect them to make at this point. I suppose they could complete the Lost Tribe from P2 and give us a Chopper 2.0 and a Jungle Hunter 2.0. There really isn't too much else I could think of for them to make unless they decided to start over and remake them all again. I don't see that happening though (this ain't marvel). Maybe they could finally give us that 1/4 P1

This thing STILL not out? I didn't even see pics of it at SDCC. I'm still looking forward to this and glad we got it, but this lack of hype is concerning. It seems like we only get 1 Predator every couple of years any more. I wonder how much longer before we get none at all? Could the upcoming "Fugitive" pred be the last? That said, I don't know what else I would expect them to make at this point. I suppose they could complete the Lost Tribe from P2 and give us a Chopper 2.0 and a Jungle Hunter 2.0. There really isn't too much else I could think of for them to make unless they decided to start over and remake them all again. I don't see that happening though (this ain't marvel). Maybe they could finally give us that 1/4 P1

I was thinking about this the other day as well. After this new film, what’s on the horizon for Predator figures? Is the Fugitive one going to be the last one for awhile, because what else could they do? Obviously a true JH 2.0, but that seems less and less likely. 2.0 versions of the Super Predators? Seems very unlikely to me as well. Like you said, they could potentially start tackling 2.0 versions of the Lost Tribe, since CH and P2 Elder got 2.0 versions. The next Predator figure, if any, that seems the most likely to make an appearance to me is a Chopper 2.0, since he’s the only AvP Predator that hasn’t received an updated 2.0 version yet.

But like you said, it seems Predator figures are once roughly every 2-3 years. So after Fugitive Predator, it’d probably be another couple years before you potentially see something.

Wolf predator will be the last predator I'll be buying from Hot Toys. I'm done with the line.

The thing is, I can't even be mad at HT. If Predators sold in huge numbers they would make more. I'm pretty sure us Predator collectors are a very, very small group compared to SW/Marvel/DC/etc. That said, if it isn't financially viable for them then I wish they would just let the license go so some other company could make an effort.

No!!! I can’t be satisfied until Hot toys make a Shaman Predator. I remember seeing P2 when I was 5 or 6, and falling in love with the Lost Tribe. I would pretend my kenner Predators were the Tribe, until one day i found a Monsters Magazine that went in depth with the Tribes costumes, that day, I saw Shaman head to toe, and he became my favorite Predator. It wasn’t just his look. 2 things stuck out to me, even for a little kid. Here was a Predator with no blade attatchments, no wrist gauntlets, no Plasma cannon, hell, he hardly had armor. He was only armed with a staff. Sure, his blades were on the tip of the staff, but he was part of a tribe. He earned his spot with little available weapons. He was trained like a warrior. So no Hot toys, you can’t walk away until I get Shaman. I really want a full tribe set, but that one is my grail.

it seems Predator figures are once roughly every 2-3 years. So after Fugitive Predator, it’d probably be another couple years before you potentially see something.

I think their next Pred will be "the big guy" or whatever his name is from 2018 movie, even as a huge vinyl statue or full figure like Hulk. That guy is the true main Pred of the film I think.

And I may get Wolf 2.0 if that means they can continue with this line. Got so tired of seeing nothing from them but another Marvel/ Star Wars upgrade/variants. Should've changed their company's name to "Hot Iron Star Toys" lol.

Waiting for that official JH 2.0 reveal and subsequent PO.....

1.jpg

So AvPR was on SyFy earlier today. Really hope Wolf gets released soon. I’m thinking of either going for this pose with the dissolving liquid:

FC9C55D6-1059-4391-97A3-725DC5E2EB56.jpeg

Or from one of the frames immediately after:

CCA1956F-0EA8-4A33-9B14-7CE81E8A8D89.jpeg
EFC4501D-8CCA-4C11-B351-DD26B9593535.jpeg

The coolest looking Predator after 1987 Predator. 2 months more ! :clap :yess: I hate that movie but love the design and Wolf's story.

My favorite Preds (in no order) are probably: Wolf, Scar, and CH. I can’t say I necessarily hate AvPR, but I enjoyed it less than the first, which wasn’t great either. However, I liked the tone and the premise of the first one better.

Like someone in this thread mentioned earlier, I just approach AvPR as if it’s essentially just Wolf’s greatest hits, or just a Wolf vs Aliens film, without paying attention to any of the other side plots.

That middle photo is money!! I may go with that. I have been reading Predator:If It Bleeds and it is driving the Hype for this figure even more.

That’s the one I’m leaning towards as well. I like the dissolving liquid one though too, being that the base has the Xenomorph head and you could make it look as if he’s pouring it on that.

Yep, that’s the video I got those screen caps from.

On a different but related note, it’s funny how Chopper and Celtic apparently only had 3:11 of screen time combined in AvP. :lol

Back