Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's exactly what I did, I fused the black peg with the gray arm piece so it was one solid piece, that's how it should have came.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Also, like i said, the peg fits the hole way too tight on the broken ones it seems, thats why you have to snip the plastic. I want to see what the functioning one looks like, i bet its different or the peg sits in there much looser.

Also, like i said, the peg fits the hole way too tight on the broken ones it seems, thats why you have to snip the plastic. I want to see what the functioning one looks like, i bet its different or the peg sits in there much looser.

I agree 100%. I think with the peg fused (glued in) and the snip will work to keep the stress off the plastic forearm and keep the peg strong enough to
keep the pose. This will be what I'm going to do. I'll post picture of the step by step process.

Thanks guys for all the pics you have provided. It really helped my think through this problem.

AFM

I agree 100%. I think with the peg fused (glued in) and the snip will work to keep the stress off the plastic forearm and keep the peg strong enough to
keep the pose. This will be what I'm going to do. I'll post picture of the step by step process.

Thanks guys for all the pics you have provided. It really helped my think through this problem.

AFM
The ratchet mechanism is very tight. Even putting the fatchet tab into the ring requires more effort than in should

Snip one of the plastic ring parts then try it, then try the opposite side if its not loose enough. Itll be good to go.

9+.jpg

If it weren't for the elbow, this figure is my favorite this year.

I actually didn't realize the ankles were ratchets along with the knees... hope these don't break. He stands surprisingly good right now, don't need a stand.

I actually really love the hair detail and color. Silver but can look blonde in certain lights. Makes me really want a damn HT Cloud.

Last edited:
Yeah, the elbows are a major bummer. The knees and ankles seem like what play arts has done, imo if thats the case then i dont think well have to worry about them. But, if they do break then there isnt going to be a pretty way to fix them. This thing is definitely the best figure of the year for me bar my solid snake custom.

Kiva, how do you get vat charges 2 weeks later? Havent you had yours that long already?

Kiva, how do you get vat charges 2 weeks later? Havent you had yours that long already?

Importing to the UK sucks. Uusally you get a customs letter imforming you to pay the charge, then they will release the item. With fedex they deliver the item then bill you later. I've essentially just paid $85 for nothing as its what the vat, handling and all that made up bullcrap comes to.

you still in for the ex inferno? cant wait to get mine. hopefully they address the elbow issue during its production so i dont have to take that one apart too.

I'm still in for the inferno. I actually paid it off a few hours ago to commit so i dont get cold feet.

Both of my elbows haven't yet broken. Keyword there is yet. CQC (and anyone else who has/had the issue), would you Reccomend that I just contact sideshow anyways and tell them I want new arms or a new figure? Because you have up until 30 days after delivery for Sideshow to help you with any issues right? I don't wanna wait until the 30 days are over and then have the arms *** up and not be able to get help from Sideshow and be stuck with a broken $300 figure

well, id wait til someone gets their arms and see if there is a return on the old ones. if there isnt id lie and say they broke and get 2 more. they never asked me for a picture of mine since the break is concealed. they know of this ongoing problem and will replace it. id think that if you wanted arms your time is running out. you could always order 2 and hope that there isnt a return afterwards but if they do want the others back then what do you do, break them? hopefully ill get mine very soon and hopefully they tested the joints before sending them out or theyll look very dumb.

if people want me to fix theirs pm me and we can come up with a plan. the fix is by no means hard and i feel more than confident i can make people happy. sorry that you guys are experiencing this but we can work together to get this problem solved. anyone who cant get replacements im willing to work with them. thanks.

Back