Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ra's is long overdue. Everyone wants Ra's, and Hot Toys doesn't seem like they want to do it.

On another note, I love how this became a Batman take-over thread :lecture.
Mwahaha, my plan worked! Now to take over MGS V.......
No, that makes perfect sense :lol $$$$$$$$$$
giphy.gif

I blame myself. I brought up arkham bats. I'm sorry :monkey2
It's still a **** move :lol
I wouldn't care if they included the sick head honestly, I wouldn't use it.
I could see them doing it but I wouldn't use it either

Another thing that usually happens is interest tends to fizzle out...which it looks like it's doing wih HT Iron Man. I see a lot of those suits still in stock and on discount, and it's been that way for a while. I wonder what enables them to keep goong on it. It must be all the "exclusive" repaints on existing armors.

It would be insane if they had that sort of tenacity on an MGS line. Hoooo boy.

Hmm, maybe it's all the unnecessary Ironman 3 suits? I'm sure people are mainly interested in main suits. But I do hope it's Ironman fatigue, I can't see fans HT fans buying their 18th Ironman.

Do they focus on their Asian market, is that where they get the most revenue? And how popular is MGS in Asian markets?

I'm tired of nagging for MGS HT now

Hmm, maybe it's all the unnecessary Ironman 3 suits? I'm sure people are mainly interested in main suits. But I do hope it's Ironman fatigue, I can't see fans HT fans buying their 18th Ironman.

Do they focus on their Asian market, is that where they get the most revenue? And how popular is MGS in Asian markets?

I'm tired of nagging for MGS HT now

MGS popular in japan, japanese is big market of Hot Toys in asia. Hot Toys always considered them. Capt Harlock, appleseed briareos, City Hunter , kerberos panzer jager are created mostly for japanese, something westerner never grab

And MGR Raiden is cool cyborg with cool design, he is extremely popular in japan

I just P.O. this on Sideshow and was shocked that the Exclusive was still available. Never play any of MGS games but the design and look of this is so good. Just couldn't pass it up

Re: Solidus - Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

It's pretty amazing that this is shipping next month along with Arkham City: Batman :clap. I can't recall the last time I got the chance to enjoy two video game figures released at the same time.

Re: Solidus - Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

It's pretty amazing that this is shipping next month along with Arkham City: Batman :clap. I can't recall the last time I got the chance to enjoy two video game figures released at the same time.
Plus the Figma Snake! Next month is gonna be a good month for collecting vidya gaem figures in general for me.

All this about VGM Raiden is making me want to finally return to the game though :lol

Plus the Figma Snake! Next month is gonna be a good month for collecting vidya gaem figures in general for me.

All this about VGM Raiden is making me want to finally return to the game though :lol

Next month's going to be expensive with all of the VG figures.

I'm really tempted to do a replay of both Rising and Arkham City. I don't think I'll be in the mood to reacquire all of the extras for AC, but definitely a short replay for the story.

Yeah, plus dollar isn't doing good so even without tax it's CAD $400 and here I have it on PO for CAD $360 shipped

Ouch... that's nuts. Are you getting the Arkham Batman figure as well?

The way HT made the Arkham City Batman's legs connect to the torso was really clever and intuitive (check out deanknight's recent videos showcasing him). The way they designed it allowed for great articulation and a great look. So that has me wondering if they'll try to do something similar for Raiden as well. Raiden's legs, among many other parts, look they might be made out of rubber or some type of softer plastic that has some give to it. If that's how the actual figure will be then I think it would be a good idea to use a similar hip/leg design to Arkham Bats'.
Bxuhy9TCEAA-z1V.jpg

I just really want to be able to pose him dynamically AND have things look great :pray:. My only other Raiden is the revoltech one

Comic-Con-2014-Raiden-Hot-Toys.jpg

I look at this picture at least once a week for hope :lol :thud:

Also,
I never noticed the fairly significant differences from when Kojima first showed it vs. its appearance at Toys shows several months later
Hot-Toys-Raiden-Figure.jpgTokyo-Game-Show-2014-Preparations-Hot-Toys-Raiden-2.jpg

We've never even seen Raiden posed until the upcoming release picture, I'm thinking maybe the prototype was so early it didn't even have articulation yet was just a statue more or less.

Didn't the initial reveal have pictures of him posed on various ways?

I'm happy even of he looks as is. I don't see a difference between the prototype and final versions. Maybe the shoulders poke out more but it looks like it can be pushed back closer

I dont know why people think rubber joints. you already can see joints socket on arms. The knee is joint as well

up_9.jpg

Its already show it really clear, knee is not rubber joint

People worry about all sorts of things with figures :lol sometimes it's irrational, like releasing two of them at the same time.

Back