Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping I would get it for this month. Now that I remember it was due in March. So 6 month delay.

For now...

So I got this response

Once our replacements arrive we can provide you a replacement should you choose to be put on a waitlist. Currently, these figures have only shipped from Hot Toys’ warehouse in Hong Kong to some Asian and European countries. We have not yet received our shipment in our warehouse for North America yet so we are not able to ship a replacement until they arrive.

So I think I'll have to wait for Sideshow Collectibles to get it in stock in their warehouses before I can get a replacement. Going to go on a wait list. Hopefully not too long.

What's the last update on the date you guys in the U.S. are expecting to get it?

So I got this response

So I think I'll have to wait for Sideshow Collectibles to get it in stock in their warehouses before I can get a replacement. Going to go on a wait list. Hopefully not too long.

What's the last update on the date you guys in the U.S. are expecting to get it?

This is a response I got when I needed replacement goggles for my HT catwoman. They had to wait for replacements and I got put on the waitlist and they came through. So I think you should be ok.

And the date. They had originally rescheduled my last flexpay to 8/5 but I recently got an email telling me they moved it to the 25th. So as far as I know he's coming in around the 25th.

Got Raiden in and have had a few days to put him through his paces. For the most part I really dig him. Solid joints all around,excellent detail,a nice selection of extra parts to customize your look,awesome paintjob on the "metal" armor parts and weapons. Figure is very poseable! I think there is enough give/slack in the arms to do some long term extreme posing without worry. The rubber/plastic in the arms feels a bit more durable to me as well.

There are a few things I think could have been included and done better tho. The closed visor sits too low and looks goofy. Sword should of been metal! I think the light grey areas, mainly the muscle fiber looking parts needs to be a bit darker. They kinda give off a toyish vibe with the color they chose and those same parts appear under detailed compared to the rest of his suit. But you cant tell once hes displayed and viewed from a few feet and on. Ankles are a bit thin which makes posing/balancing a bit of a chore,definately using the stand with this one. And for the price Hot Toys should of included a better base like a chopped up soldier or something and included one of those dynamic posing rods used for their Ironman figs this is Raiden were talking about here,one of the most dynamic mofos around. Lastly IMO I feel he's overpriced at $300+ But despite all his flaws he's a excellent figure to have in the collection.

I was dangerously close to buying a Raiden from ebay a few hours ago. Im so sick of waiting. In order to distract myself i decided to potter around and make this

DSCF2500_zps6xq0ejdd.jpg

its far from perfect, but it was an experience making it. The final would of been a texture like the top of excelsus and have a damaged logo so he could be stood on the metal gear style. So it is a rough version but i thought id show it anyway. This figure needs a dynamic stand.

Put Raiden EX on waitlist yesterday to give myself time to think about it. Converted today. :slap

If it were Solid Snake or Big Boss I wouldn't even hesitate. Still a great looking collectible though. The EX is decent too.

Edit: I see that it wasn't just a lucky conversion. Looks like the figure is back in stock for pre-order.

Last edited:
Back