Action Figure Hot Toys - VGM17 - Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - Raiden

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I'm really pissed off with Sideshow Collectibles right now

I got an email saying I can keep the defective figure and get a tiny compensation or return it for a for refund. They say they have no replacements.

That's BS. They've got the figure to order on the site right now.

This crap happened with Apocalypse last year. After all the waiting it was defective and I had to get my money back as they didn't have any replacements and that is still bloody in-stock on the site.

So I fired off an email saying it's ridiculous. I don't mind waiting a bit for stock to arrive but this dismissal of like it (as it is) or lump it (refund) is bad customer service.

I wouldn't want to get this off eBay as it could be a common problem and the refund/replacement is much more difficult there. UK distributors won't probably get it until early next year

The most silly thing is I could take the refund and then re-order and hope to get one that isn't defective but it's an unnecessary process

Last edited:
I've gotten replacements in the past.

I'm one of the first to get this from Sideshow Collectibles it seems so it's not like they've ran out of an allotted amount of replacements. yet they have 0 allotment of figures to replace defective ones.

If they're denying me a replacement because I'm overseas that's BS

So I'm really pissed off with Sideshow Collectibles right now

I got an email saying I can keep the defective figure and get a tiny compensation or return it for a for refund. They say they have no replacements.

That's BS. They've got the figure to order on the site right now.

This crap happened with Apocalypse last year. After all the waiting it was defective and I had to get my money back as they didn't have any replacements and that is still bloody in-stock on the site.

So I fired off an email saying it's ridiculous. I don't mind waiting a bit for stock to arrive but this dismissal of like it (as it is) or lump it (refund) is bad customer service.

I wouldn't want to get this off eBay as it could be a common problem and the refund/replacement is much more difficult there. UK distributors won't probably get it until early next year

The most silly thing is I could take the refund and then re-order and hope to get one that isn't defective but it's an unnecessary process

you can get a refund and reorder again, but you will have to pay the shipping cost again, depends whether it's cheaper to send the item back to SS or ship a new unit from SS to you.

I dunno, it's such a mess. I don't see why they can't replace it. They cants have no replacements for a brand new figure.

The E-Mail felt stock too. With the name Raiden just pasted into it. They even suggested using glue to fix it (like it was a statue)

How much import duty did you have to pay?

£22 I think

I dunno, it's such a mess. I don't see why they can't replace it. They cants have no replacements for a brand new figure.

The E-Mail felt stock too. With the name Raiden just pasted into it. They even suggested using glue to fix it (like it was a statue)

£22 I think

Get on their asses!

£22 is. It bad at all. The bad is the extra fees they charge for no reason. I freakin hate this customs frees

£22 I think
How much are they willing to give you back? A broken elbow is pretty bad.

Also, I recommend you checking the selling prices on this figure.

Just do the math on what is best for you I guess.

Im surprised they "do not have" replacements. Must be a very small production on this figure.

Unless they're giving you $150+ back it's not worth keeping a broken toy that is pretty much impossible to fix yourself.

£22 I think

have you tried contacting HT HK? tell them your problem as SS is not helping, i don't know how bad the damage is and whether you can fix it if they sent you a replacement PART, but i know companies like Medicom do try to solve problems for overseas customers for free if it's a new product, and willing to help out on older items. it'd be cheaper for them to send you the parts instead of a full figure anyway.

Back