Hot Toys updates on various figures 04/30/12

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. I love Iron Man as much as the next guy (I have 3 myself), but they really need to give the other franchises a chance!

Variety is the spice of life!

Nova, as far as GL, would you have been okay if they had gone the simple route and just done a costumed figure like Supes, with no light up feature? Just curious.

And note all I said was a 'hiatus'. Not saying Iron Man isn't toy-worthy, it certainly is. But y'know, Terminator was put on a break despite some really obvious remaining potential figures - its Iron Man's turn. I think it would survive a gap year.

And note all I said was a 'hiatus'. Not saying Iron Man isn't toy-worthy, it certainly is. But y'know, Terminator was put on a break despite some really obvious remaining potential figures - its Iron Man's turn. I think it would survive a gap year.

The only good thing mentioned in that article is that they put off race track tony Stark and the armored whiplash.

Combine that statement with their announcement a while back about a HT hall of armor which has yet to see the light of day and just Maybe this means that they're finally stopping with the IM figures for a while.

The only good thing mentioned in that article is that they put off race track tony Stark and the armored whiplash.

Combine that statement with their announcement a while back about a HT hall of armor which has yet to see the light of day and just Maybe this means that they're finally stopping with the IM figures for a while.

Not much chance of an Ironman hiatus IMO;

Mrk II AU
Iron Monger
Mrk I 2.0
Mrk VII

Ironman 3 range from Q3 onwards which could easily spread into Q1 2014 depending how many figures the license produces

The Avengers 2

......guess not. Jon Favreau, well ****ing done. You created a new 'Star Wars' merchandising empire there. I hope he gets a cut.

Did he? I thought he was just burnt out with Iron Man and chose not to direct the upcoming third one....

Well, you know they must be thinking about the nice paychecks these guys are rightly pulling down for their work. Even got this moron, Kevin Feige, "speculating" about how the show would go on without RDJ (albeit 2 sequels from now).

https://screencrave.com/2012-04-27/robert-downey-jr-to-be-replaced-as-iron-man/

That kind of quote begs to be taken out of context and already has the man himself irked.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=58821

It's the American way, become so successful that they want to make even more money by replacing you with a cheap outsourced knockoff. Marvel wants to make it another Bond?!?! Gotta love it.

Both RDJ and Favreau made perfect sense for the studios because they didn't have any mega blockbusters in their resume to demand mega bucks. Now that they do, these guys immediately go into 7 year itch mode, even if it means rebooting and destroying your franchise.

Just done a really bad translate job on that and it still doesn't really tell me specifically enough what I want to know :gah:

Not to be too much of a bother, but can someone post the translated interview? Please

I can't get to the site

Here you go :)

1Q: The first question of course is to ask all my friends are looking forward to was about to release large tracts of Marvel,'s The the Avengers, we all know that the Hot Toys has taken the film rights, production figure, and would like to ask Howard Can you disclose the number of roles to figure Hot Toys will be introduced?

H: We also know that the main role of heroes in The Avengers movie and some of the major villains Hot Toys will launch, but for the time being can not be too clearly how much because the movie and then take a look at some of the roles have the potential to The style is very particular, have the opportunity to launch In addition, The Avengers Film Project in that time there will be "hidden hero" role, and also with the movie of Thor 2 and 3 Iron Man, roles, at this stage there is no clear figures How many roles, but because it is a lot of super hero and a good role in The Avengers film series, and the role of fans look forward to, so it should be to break the record of the Hot Toys introduced the figure role has now determined launched 7-8 models the other is still planned, of course, if it is a good series, more role players is a good thing

2Q: that The Avengers movie is also very concerned about the launch of one of the important role of "the Hulk", would like to ask the Hot Toys is not the same ratio of 1/6 Scale launched? What materials and pricing can also disclose?

H: the proportion must be the ratio of 1/6 launch, and are very large, but at present only sculpture prototype, we might ask why is still at this stage? With the film at the same time of release? In fact, because the basic earlier film company only to the information of our Hulk, to the movie the closer the release of the information is completely different, so from time, but strictly to say, it should be said that this is the third edition, initially thought would be similar with the Hulk 2 of course completely different, so put away another few months before the film company to our data and the film is not quite the same, then again by Joseph Tsang, from doing so Hulk will be delayed will not be synchronized with the film see Street , but probably should have Making of announcement. Hulk head carving is the deal with South Korea, parts of the body by Joseph Tsang, itself Hulk this role is not equipped with weapons, so it will not have too many Parts, and may consider hand weapons, scenes, and interesting and can be added in the Parts, the other can answer some more, the Hulk should not be launched in the form of a full package of gum, is technically not feasible, because of the need to solve many problems, Sick dumped oil and plastic packages easy to damage factors such as activity, are required to consider other materials should try, such as: PVC, strengthen the carving power and color to make a balanced, able to satisfy everyone. (Howard also indicate that we look at the Hulk that the prototype was first introduced, of course, not take pictures, but you can preview a prototype has been very excited about and meet, and am looking forward to it)

3Q: Another problem is to ask the Black Widow, before Iron Man 2 has a Ver 1 launched this Ver 2 will deal with and what is the difference? Head carving is still a hair treatment?

H: Ver the Body is the new production, first of all different heights, the new BODY body height with reference to the characteristics of the female angle, so it is Ver 1 petite, I hope as far as possible with enough film roles height ratio, high and short, such as Thor and Captain America has a different height, but Thor will even do a few big only the Black Widow in many Hero petite. Other hair, began as a plan hair, but want to play about carving hair interchangeably, but in the end Yulli objected, that the result is not very good, I also try to understand, but eventually accepted and respect Yulli views figure will be carved hair model launched in the hair care of another fact too much trouble, pick up the general guests will feel not the United States, need to refresh the hair, we can not use Gel and spray treatment, because will be product safety considerations.

4Q: another very important in The Avengers villains Harlequin Loki, in fact, before of Thor 1 have been a number of modeling, in The Avengers will have a new modeling debut, Can you disclose Loki how many Ver will be introduced. ?

H: Originally, the budget is the introduction of two shapes, in fact, a shape may also be seen in the Japan Hot Toys Catalog, but this style should not be launched because the originally planned release in February-March, Tam speech Loki actor Tom Hiddleston side of reply to some modified requirements head carved on to completion after the end of March, it was too late to see Loki's new shape is more domineering and more attractive, while in The Avengers movie, so I decided skip of Thor, the direct introduction of The Avengers, Loki shape, but also will soon be announced, have been processed to the end of the stage, head sculpture have been approved inspection and passed, we remember to pay attention to the publication of the latest news.

5Q: Then ask one more in the Catalog related issues, in which we all see a Captain America World War II to see the kind of shape that will continue to introduce or canceled?

H: the shape of World War II, the Captain America, will be launched, because the friends of foreign players this uniquely shaped interests and often asked, but may be Asian friends that like ordinary World War II soldiers to figure, but the views of foreign players would like this shape certainly needs to be introduced, Hot Toys should the booking and sale of special channels, after which there will be public.

6Q: Captain America will launch that Classic styling, dancing in the movie is that USO Costume shape?

H: This shape is classic, I feel very old school, it is launched, the original plan was to launch pack for two World War II version, but the latest plan for special arrangements will be two separate independent Offer

7Q: Iron Man leading actor Robert Downey Jr. before, we feel his portrait head carved higher requirements on the figure, this Iron Man Mark VII if someone like head sculpture? Actor demanded whether the solution a?

H: This can not answer you, to maintain the mystery, Robert Downey Jr. of course, is very high, but this mountain, the mountain high, Johnny Depp Jack Sparrow beyond Robert Downey Jr., but they intended to want the Hot Toys excellence, is to understand and acceptable, but also good on the one hand, because a lot of carving, Robert Downey, Jr. head carving experience, we capture the flavor is more handy and easier to master.

8Q: that in the movie Iron Man 2 Robert Downey Jr. Racing is Suit (car service) modeling and Whiplash (armor.) Whether it will launch?

H: These two Hot Toys have always been the plan and would like to launch, but it will not happen anytime soon, because there are too many new item development, so I had to postpone the plan, and I have a personal view, we may not agree with the fact, Iron Man in the foreseeable future will be like Gundam sales direction, it is true, because I understand, the Iron Man movie will have more and more and more exciting Iron Man played Iron Man has been popular, we will regularly introduce new Iron Man.

9Q: is now in April, but also approaching the annual Hong Kong Animation Festival ACGHK 2012, will launch a special version to figure this year?

H: the first not to disclose, but there must be a surprise, but can say is do not want everyone to row so much team, we have introduced animation special edition is not for everyone hard, but found that the culture of the past two years seems to have a mutation, Special Edition reduced to queuing party speculation, the loss of significance, we also did not expect. Moreover, it is also unfair to the real players and apologize for all the players this year will have the arrangement of some of the more reasonable and more comfortable by drawing lots, do not line up, the details will be announced later.

10Q: April 26, 2009 The Avengers will be released in Hong Kong, the Hot Toys will once again engage in premiere or special field?

H: 26 April, will engage in an Iron Man 2, with the previous films in particular, let the VIP guests have the opportunity to be able to get the special field ticket order figure, can be used as an event or gathering happy to see in particular field and some small gift for everyone.

11Q: In addition will not have plans to launch Marvel old role to figure? Such as the specter of assassination passenger and Daredevil?

H: with Marvel over there has been consensus and agreement, basically can introduce all the characters of the film version of the Hot Toys basically free to choose to launch any Marvel movie role to figure, but of course each item with the time and launched it, there must be rest assured, I think we can be homogeneous all Marvel heros!

12Q: X-Men first class series will be when launched?

H: X-Men first class in fact, have an almost completed, is that a role to maintain the mystery, but not published, but will be announced soon, we pay attention!

13Q: before announced the launch of Green Lantern Green Lantern "What news?

H: The Green Lantern "Green Lantern" can now say that more than 90% will not be launched, a few reasons, one is the movie box office only general reputation, and the second is looking at a light body has a headache, and spend a lot of time what can how to deal with? Production, Team after thinking it over, want what material is suitable? PVC, rubber, and so nothing thought of, but also transparent but also suitable for color but also luminous, like a long time, there is no full grasp, so stop although the latter is little prospect of a can be solved, but the balance are stopped, in fact, I feel pity, which to say sorry to a congregation of fans wait patiently.

14Q: 2012 published the messages are many and rich, that in 2013 there will be a surprise message FANS happy about?

H: must have a pleasant surprise, announced there will be Iron Man 3, will launch of Wolverine and The new SuperMan (Man of Steel), my personal referral The the new SuperMan (Man of Steel) this movie, Superman's design and other set are totally not the same, should give the fans a refreshing surprise, and we are excited to produce 1/6 scale to figure

15Q: earlier published several film rights will be released 1/4 and 1/6 scale, Howard can tell us about it?

H: In fact, we have achieved 1/4 of the film rights to figure, but Hot Toys main force will continue to be 1/6, mainly because it is always 1/6 is up to customer support, and 1/4 regardless of price and volume are the majority of factors, consumers from Hot Toys' 1/4 series only some of the most classic roles carefully and pondering the direction of Outlook Many people have asked 1/4 it will be the next general direction, I do not think, even though there Some companies launch a 1/4 to figure, in fact, they take less than 1/6 Copyright nothing. can not see the other license products just launched 1/6figure, it is evident, Hot Toys introduced the 1/4 to figure on a business strategy the decision, but the quality will have a certain assurance.

16Q: There are no plans to introduce 1/6 scale Japanese animation series of role? One Piece, Saint Seiya, Slam Dunk?

H: The idea, of course, but honestly copyright launch discussions with the Japanese side of figure is not easy, because there are too many complicated things, you have to have plans and sample to them, and then after I do not know how many people for approval, so more difficult, and then analyze their companies have a large number of copyright in the hand, and then worked out seriously, the U.S. Department of figure and the Japanese animation series as selling, in fact, I can answer must be the former, because the Japanese animation series will have a regional limit, in fact, the animated series which you mention something that we have with Bandai deliberations where can co-operate or play with, but too many in the Japanese copyright restrictions, perhaps in the future some easily handled think.
In fact, one after another Japanese figure may be introduced, may be less hot but their favorite styles, please pay close attention to our future updates!

17Q: said to open the Japanese way, ask, Rurouni Kenshin in August this year, live-action films released, I wonder if Hot Toys will take that copyright? We know Rurouni Kenshin is more popular, foreign markets are also some good response to it.

H: In fact, the Japanese adaptation of the live action movie copyright will be more difficult, because in addition to the actors themselves, their manager or the company more to protect the actor image, relative to obtain a copyright more difficult, so may not be able to do it, it is very difficult! , and sales may not necessarily based on experience ..

18Q: Another issue that Howard will say very much, is like to ask whether to disclose the Star Wars after there will be those characters introduced? Main protagonist or a supporting role or other?

H: There will be characters, mainly because it always Star Wars are considered by Sideshow fully responsible for the project, also On the occasion to thank the the Sideshow good mind to know my fans, let go and gave us, but at present only characters do, Sideshow there is also introduced, to do so is not very good and affect all sales after the launch should be Anakin and Han Solo, followed by another Episode II, Star Wars no pressure because there is not much of a time limit, just set myself the goal to perform well and beauty, so I hope to maintain a year only one or two Star Wars project

19Q: before announced the Metal Gear universe pirates Sharrocks ancient will be introduced?

H: These two will be out, talk about the the Sharrocks ancient, in fact, why so early announcement, before Japan Hot Toys engage the tenth anniversary of the show, the The Sharrocks ancient CG film, is actually a 2013 release, while Sharrocks Ancient director like Hot Toys product with our good relations, to discuss them in preparing for and do pre-Sharrocks ancient to figure Hot Toys, so early public the Bu Xialuo ancient and very early time also have a trailer, we can pay attention to the next. the film in 2013 was released so will choose in 2013 with the launch of Sharrocks ancient figure
Metal Gear we have been in from the Office of the Metal Gear creator quite strict, and some very subtle position are Zhuode the very tight, I can say is that people kind of early in the morning had already been granted, but other parts such as: guns, stature and so forth still changes, but overall they are satisfied, and say that we are a company change than less, when launched? we pay attention to magazine will be published soon.

20Q: Hong Kong artist do? As previously Beyond Ka-kui.

H: is unlikely that many factors, portrait Copyright timely opportunity to be a problem, but, of course, the artist came up with, such as brother, "Leslie"

21Q: year 2012 VIP member will have a surprise or special offers?

H: would have, mainly the VIP gift, but not very generous gift, what gift is not yet finalized, in short, a little mind, physical light bonds of friendship, the Department of genuine fans will know why our mind it!

22Q: will be open to accept new member?

H: we will not accept a new member, but is still the plan, there may be other practice models

23Q: Hot Toys figure sectors leading position, will be how to maintain the prime number and the face of competitors on the market?

H: quality and creativity are decisive key, but I will be OK on the quality first, because we always go more than line opponents, in terms of publicity, technical and copyright, we played very solid basis, and I and Hot toys the Team has a lot of hands-on experience, everyone seems insurmountable character, I think we are not afraid of the waves of competitors, but how to deal with in recent years expansion of the number of orders, how to maintain the quality of our primary face of challenges.
Hot Toys in the production figure in all directions depending on the details of the figure as a whole should have a high quality, will not only show head carving alone wander, and now competitors on the market up to the small company of this level, but recently I also found that the printing of some companies copy sections of the body the form introduced to figure this figure industry is very healthy.

Worse still, there are signs Hao shown recently that some competitors in the forum How to find thugs to discredit you can see the Hot Toys recently launched T2 and Captain America never seen a group of malicious attacks, has apparently, means inferior.

In fact, the figure players are more mature collector, they are smart consumers, how the quality of your product, they have sharp eyes, malicious attacks can not affect real player support for the Hot Toys opponent in the forum looking for IT personnel.

24Q: Rocky and Rambo will be a DX version?

H: Yes, In fact, the head carving has been completed in the amendment, but the last six months there is need to deal with too many large tracts of figure, but when the time permits will be handled immediately.

25Q: Howard, what success or motto can share?

H: In fact, if you really like your work, you will drop a lot of effort to do Hot Toys has always been the style of hard work and things are most afraid of grandstanding and seeking truth from facts is the most important, I want to like the Hot Toys' customers will agree with the direction of our way of doing things.

26Q: the present atmosphere is not very good for speculation What do you think?

H: Once upon a time, set the Hot Toys in Hong Kong to figure Dewan level the fastest. The original intention is a figure produced by Hong Kong companies can enjoy the products to the Hong Kong fans first, but now this offer to become speculators speculation shortcut, Hot Toys is now only through with deposits and delayed product launch date to plug this loophole. I definitely understand this inconveniences of real players to say sorry to you.

27Q: donations to buy the VIP gift this action in the Star Wars and the Black Spider-Man, a very good reaction will continue to do?

H: will, because it is really meaningful, in fact, to be honest some member of the VIP are speculators, in that case, better to pay a little more money in some cases to some real players and VIP gift, you can also do good, why not for? In fact, I would like to express is that we play figure out a little bit of force on the people who need help.

28Q: Hong Kong dolls have any comments or have any room for improvement?

H: In fact, your website is well done, said before sharing a balanced manner, also, so ask your dolls of Hong Kong to do this interview, I hope you will do more the better, more and more people Hong Kong dolls you will.

It's the American way, become so successful that they want to make even more money by replacing you with a cheap outsourced knockoff. Marvel wants to make it another Bond?!?! Gotta love it.

Both RDJ and Favreau made perfect sense for the studios because they didn't have any mega blockbusters in their resume to demand mega bucks. Now that they do, these guys immediately go into 7 year itch mode, even if it means rebooting and destroying your franchise.

On the other hand, successful directors/actors demand a lot more money with every sequel, threatening the financial feasibility of the franchise in the long run.

Would you rather that the franchise continues with a new actor (Ruffalo, anyone?) or to terminate it because the lead is asking for too much.

In the end, the actors are in blockbusters for name recognition and dough, not for the "art." IM kickstarted RDJ's career so he gained as much from it as Marvel did. I'd like to see him continue indefinitely as the IM, but if I had to choose between him or IM, I'd side with the latter every time.

I remember reading last year that Chris Evans signed for 3 Cap movies and 3 Avenger movies and how that excludes any cameos in other heroes' movies since those cameos would count against this limit and the studio would have to negotiate with him again if they used him for cameos. Basically, he said that if they dare (ab)use him for mere guest star appearances in future Thor, IM etc movies, they'd have to cough up big bucks indeed to have him show up for Avengers 3 or Cap 3.

So yah, it is basically and only about the money.

Here you go :)

8Q: that in the movie Iron Man 2 Robert Downey Jr. Racing is Suit (car service) modeling and Whiplash (armor.) Whether it will launch?

H: These two Hot Toys have always been the plan and would like to launch, but it will not happen anytime soon, because there are too many new item development, so I had to postpone the plan, and I have a personal view, we may not agree with the fact, Iron Man in the foreseeable future will be like Gundam sales direction, it is true, because I understand, the Iron Man movie will have more and more and more exciting Iron Man played Iron Man has been popular, we will regularly introduce new Iron Man.

Wow! HT, please spare us from this avalanche of rereleases! :(

Wow! HT, please spare us from this avalanche of rereleases! :(

Ten years from now the completists will be able to line up their Iron Men figures and say:

"This is RDJ, 42 years old, this is him at the age of 47, then one copy with a good amount of grays in his beard.. that last one, he was already pushing 60" :rotfl

Back