Hot Toys TRON: LEGACY on hold?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to respectfully disagree. While Quorra is important especially in the context of the film, I would take a standard 1:6 Sam, Clu and Rinzler over her hands down.

I have to respectfully disagree. While Quorra is important especially in the context of the film, I would take a standard 1:6 Sam, Clu and Rinzler over her hands down.

I'd be happy with a Rinzler over Quorra, but not the other 2.

Having done Kevin Flynn already I wouldn't want a 2nd bridges character to be the next release. Sam is getting the light cycle treatment so he'd be the last I would want.

I'd still want Quorra above anyone else. Rinzler is obviously cool and all but in terms of releases he's not a must for me. I'd want Quorra, Clu, then Rinzler and Sam being last.

And I think I'd prefer Clu to be on his lightcycle with a switch out extended or poseable arm with disc in hand

I totally agree.

In some strange way the light cycle being delayed until March gives me some hope that the line will continue in some form eventually. The delay tells me it takes a long time for them to develop things from Tron:Legacy. We still haven't seen Sideshow's stuff and as of recently they still sounded pretty committed to release it when they are ready. I think we saw Kevin Flynn because they knew they could get it out relatively quickly in comparison to other characters. If they have sunk some R and D money into the light cycle I wonder if a couple of figures would give them more of a return on their investment.

When was this announced?

Well at least these frees up some money for some of the other amazing things coming out Q1...like the 89 Batman and Joker DX's. I also heard that Captain America may be delayed. Then the bad news about the B/W Batman. Maybe Hot Toys needs to curb back the speed of their releases or limit the edition sizes more. Or hire more people to get it done the right way...this is happening on a LOT of their products lately.

The longer this is delayed the more HT will regret it. Their prices have risen significantly since this was advertised and put on preorder at $300. It would easily be a $350 product if announced today.

The longer this is delayed the more HT will regret it. Their prices have risen significantly since this was advertised and put on preorder at $300. It would easily be a $350 product if announced today.

At what point does HT price themselves out of the 1:6 market!? The reason I collect HT is two-fold to this point. 1. The detail is remarkable, and 2. the price is better than a premium format or a maquette/comiquette etc. But they just keep going up and at some point they have to justify better product to increase the price. I can't speak to this a lot as I'm newer to collecting, but has product quality increased with product price for HT? :dunno

At what point does HT price themselves out of the 1:6 market!? The reason I collect HT is two-fold to this point. 1. The detail is remarkable, and 2. the price is better than a premium format or a maquette/comiquette etc. But they just keep going up and at some point they have to justify better product to increase the price. I can't speak to this a lot as I'm newer to collecting, but has product quality increased with product price for HT? :dunno

Yes it has... dramatically in the past 3 years actually...

Yes it has... dramatically in the past 3 years actually...

Thanks! Well then i can see a reason for a price increase. So far, people still look at my IM (w/Tony Stark sculpt) and Thor and say wow, they look so real. My gf said some of them look "creepy". Which is awesome. So if I see a value then obviously I have no problem with the price. Well, as long as it doesn't get TOO expensive. I still collect by the mantra of quality over quantity.

It's gone up the way Sideshow has gone up. The very first Star Wars Sideshow figure was Jedi Luke for $49.99. Yesterday we had a Boba Fett pre-order for $174.99 or something like that.

So let me get this straight, because I was the only one NOT waiting on Hot Toys, I am the only one who is not CLU-less?

6179123825_431637cb98_z.jpg

;)

There really is no excuse for the price increase. These are $35 sold for 10x as much because people will pay. This started less than ten years ago when companies headquartered in Japan saw they could make a killing if they raised the price bar and limited the editions. Overnight, figures that were selling in the USA for $25 were too costly to sell in Japan for anything less than $60, then $120.

Today, despite all the economic factors, because people believe that it costs $100 to produce a figure in China, people are willing to pay $350 for a $35 figure.

And while we are on the topic, companies like to play "blame the artist for the cost". If a company would ever pay artists what they are really worth, the cost increase to the item would be unnoticeable in a normal production run.

As an example; consider that resin models have actually gone down in price while action figure/dolls have multiplied in price...often produced by the SAME artists! No excuse can cover this fact.

Last edited:
So does anyone else think that the release of Sideshow's Rinzler adds any more credence to the theory that a lack of new HT releases is a scheduling issue. I guess I would think if HT's sales were terrible, Sideshow may have pulled the plug on their own products.

So does anyone else think that the release of Sideshow's Rinzler adds any more credence to the theory that a lack of new HT releases is a scheduling issue. I guess I would think if HT's sales were terrible, Sideshow may have pulled the plug on their own products.

No. I think SSC did so much investment in the line they will go forward with it at least a couple of products. If Rinzler doesn't sell I think you'll see them probably release the disc and thats it.

Back