Hot Toys TRON: LEGACY on hold?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has Sideshow or Hot Toys ever put something on hold they came back to later? And is it possible the other another figure or two planned they have a crowded release schedule and got bumped a few months back in the queue.

The POTA figures were put on hold by Sideshow to be momentarily revived by Hot Toys. They put Indiana Jones on hold and brought back a couple of figures. I've never seen a Hot Toys called "on hold" but as far as Sideshow goes I've never seen them come back full force.

I'd have to dig up that thread to see if anything changed, but the last I had read was that people who had PO'd were getting emails saying it was "on hold" or something. And we know what that means.

It was officially cancelled. I got my $30 NRD automatically refunded by Sideshow as a result.

I'm probably going to be called naive but I'm slightly encouraged by the fact they referred to scheduling issues rather than lack of interest or poor sales and that they send "pending" or "on hold" rather than cancelled. It doesn't mean we will see another one but I can't rule it out especially whe they release things like Harry Osborne.

Scheduling issues my AZZ, this is HT's for cancelled.

I was about to pull the trigger on the light-cycle but why bother if its two and out...

:monkey2

Mabey they couldnt get Clur or the chick out with Sam & Kevin Flynn for the line so there gonna hold off and see if theres still fan buzz after the first wave.

Sad, this line had great potential, if they did can the line because of something other than scheduling then i'd be more angry as the products we get instead are 'New Goblin', wheres the logic in that? Huh?

Sad, this line had great potential, if they did can the line because of something other than scheduling then i'd be more angry as the products we get instead are 'New Goblin', wheres the logic in that? Huh?

:goodpost: True that. Wish Hot Toys would actually go through with TRON. It had a lot of potential.

I imagine a Clu or Quorra would be challenging figures to make with their light up costumes, so I'm hoping that they are just taking longer to finalize than they thought.

CLU: I took this system to it's maximum potential.
(c)

I wish HT be able to say the same thing :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I imagine a Clu or Quorra would be challenging figures to make with their light up costumes, so I'm hoping that they are just taking longer to finalize than they thought.

:exactly: All my hopes on it.

Sorry if this has been answered on here. Are we at least gettng Kevin and Sam on the Lightcyle?

Yes they will be released (sam and kevin)

Because they are still taking pre orders and had this been a real cancel, sideshow would be all over it.. that interview is old...

Here is the real kicker though... I feel the light cycle is going to be full of problems not unlike oily dx batman..

I feel that because of the complexity and because HT is in a rush and because the line is dead.... sorry if you ordered it that is just my "hunch", not based on fact

need quorra. should make her first, then by all means kill the line.

quorra > new goblin
quorra > black widow + abigail combined
quorra > another mark II retread

dont take whatever excuse ht dissed out at face value. it's not the scheduling problem. the reason those boring figs i mentioned above got made is because the previous figs in their respective line did well sales wise. the tron line didnt sell too well, hence ht chickens out. exact same thing with watchmen. be thankful you at least got sam & lightcycle, the watchmen fans still got no rorschach.

Back