Hot Toys TRON: LEGACY on hold?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm still going to get the two announced. I've been tempted to sell my Big Chap to raise money for the light cycle. The only other figure I was hoping for was Quorra. I think it would look cool and that enough people would be interested. Maybe she will show when it is time for Tron 3.
I wish I knew more about a possible sequel. the last I heard was a script was being worked on but that Disney could veto it once the script is delivered if they don't like it.

that's a shame. i was interested to see what they did with cillian murphy's character. looked like they set him up nicely for a sequel.

As I have posted on several threads now, I can tell you that a sequel is not happening. Disney were severely disappointed with the BO. Pity.

As I have posted on several threads now, I can tell you that a sequel is not happening. Disney were severely disappointed with the BO. Pity.

just think... jeff bridges refusing to use deodorant again has ruined a potentially awesome series of films. i guess we'll never know. i'm gonna post him some right guard. see if he changes his mind.

:lol

I don't think you guys are talkin about the same BO. :lol

Cillian Murphy, I was disappointed he didn't have a alter-ego role in the movie.... Or did I completely miss that? The guy only had like 3 lines.

Not sure how much this means, but I spoke with Side Show yesterday and they felt that the news was in regards to only FUTURE figures, not the ones that are "already in production." So I think we will see the Sam Flynn lightcycle, and Kevin Flynn for sure.

Not sure how much this means, but I spoke with Side Show yesterday and they felt that the news was in regards to only FUTURE figures, not the ones that are "already in production." So I think we will see the Sam Flynn lightcycle, and Kevin Flynn for sure.

Hope so, I have both pre-ordered and paid for!

I was understanding that Disney was pretty happy with the home video sales and that if Kosinski could sell the suits on the story the sequel would happen. My guess is if its approved we will hear something at SDCC.

hope they'll release this line. need the light cycle and they really need to make CLU for this line to succeed:pray:

Checked sideshow website and they still have the light cycle and the Kevin Flynn for pre order. I'm sure they will be releasing the 2 figures but maybe none after that. They did the same to the blade franchise.

OK so we're good in regards to Sam and Kevin...
Bummer we won't see CLU...
It's funny though, my shelves are getting a LOT of Father and Son duos...
Vader and Luke
Henry Jones and Indy

And soon to be joined by
Odin and Thor
Jor-El and Supes
and obviously
Kevin and Sam

:lol!

Do you mean Sideshow, or just HT products? Because didn't they cancel the Mummy PF?

Hot Toys

Did they really cancel the Mummy PF? It's good that they did that since it was such a bad choice, but I'm surprised that they canceled something that they finished a prototype for and put up for order.

I do wonder how many retailers have gotten confused phone calls about this. I would think if they were going to cancel products that people have already ordered they would have been more clear about it and all the retailers selling it would have notices on the front of their web sites.

I'm still not ruling the line officially dead though. I'm not sure we will see other releases but wouldn't think they'd cancel anything for good until after the first items were actually released.
Has Sideshow or Hot Toys ever put something on hold they came back to later? And is it possible the other another figure or two planned they have a crowded release schedule and got bumped a few months back in the queue.

They did much more for Batman the second time around. Sideshow is looking to do more Buffy the Vampire Slayer stuff if the statues do well enough.

I'm guessing with this, they'll be looking at how well sales of the first two do and then decide then whether they think it's worth doing more figures.

Although unfortunately, I'm sure many people won't get the Kevin figure if they don't expect any other figures in the line. I know I'm only planning on getting the Sam Flynn on Light Cycle figure since it can stand on it's own.

And Hot Toys will look at that and think that people don't want the other figures.

Hot Toys

Did they really cancel the Mummy PF? It's good that they did that since it was such a bad choice, but I'm surprised that they canceled something that they finished a prototype for and put up for order.

I'd have to dig up that thread to see if anything changed, but the last I had read was that people who had PO'd were getting emails saying it was "on hold" or something. And we know what that means.

Can't say I'm surprised. This is the first line from HT I'm buying from, and planned to see it out to the end. Looks like the end already passed. :(

Back