Hot Toys- TRON: Legacy: 1/6th scale Kevin Flynn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got mine yesterday and well, he's totally awesome ... finally, THE DUDE arrived in my home :D

sorry for the quality of the pics... my digicam isnt the best and well, im not a good photographer ;)

next hot toys figure is SPIDEY ;)

Wow! I love that base. Do you think you could take a picture of the base lit up in the dark?

Flynn is on his way! Whoo! Hot Toys dry spell is almost over! LOL
I'll definitely see this one before Spenser's shows up.... :p

I almost want to buy this just for the stand. It would be perfect stand to modify to a more direct power source since I would want to keep that thing on constantly. Might I ask what the light disc next to flynn is? Is that a dvd case?

This figure reminds me of a Jedi Master from Star Wars. Give him a lightsaber and that would be awesome!

It'd be great if they made a Rinzler too, he was quite the badass in the movie and I love his colors.

I don;t think the line is cancelled but I do think it might take a while. I think HT doesn't want to release anything else Tron related until Sideshow gets their first batch of product announced which Sideshow sounds pretty committed to. Also Sideshow has commented on the challenge of lighting the stuff and I can't imagine HT isn't having the same trouble. I feel like at least one more will happen it just won't be soon.

I really hope this line isn't cancelled, I really loved Tron Legacy's design aesthetics and it would be a shame if they didn't get a chance to make some more fantastic figures.

If they resurrect this line I hope they get it right.

Not having character suits that light up in unforgivable imo, that is the trademark of TRON. If it can be done with the low end figures than I have to believe it can be done with the high end figures as well. Giving collectors a light up base isn't cutting it.

I'd be willing to drop the $150-220 on a mediocre sculpt if HT could nail the light up suits, and make the clothing film & accessories film accurate in their next Tron release.

If they resurrect this line I hope they get it right.

Not having character suits that light up in unforgivable imo, that is the trademark of TRON. If it can be done with the low end figures than I have to believe it can be done with the high end figures as well. Giving collectors a light up base isn't cutting it.

I'd be willing to drop the $150-220 on a mediocre sculpt if HT could nail the light up suits, and make the clothing film & accessories film accurate in their next Tron release.

:goodpost::exactly:

On one hand I think lighting would be cool, but I think about how many times I've lit up my HT Iron Man figures and I don't think its very often. I've been afraid of burning out the bulbs which I'm not sure can be replaced. For an HT figure I'm not super sure how practical lighting them would be. The lighting would have to be extremely even to pull of the effect. I'd almost think rather than using a standard figure and clothing them they's have to make a new body that glows from within. I think I'd be happy if they stuck with something that would look good without the risk of burning out bulbs you can't replace or compromising the integrity of the figure. If they came up with a reflective material that looked good all the time, I think I'd be cool with it.

Back