Hot Toys- TRON: Legacy: 1/6th scale Kevin Flynn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I for one am happy this thread hasn't turned into another whine-fest...
too many of those all across the board IMO...

Anyway, yeah it would've been great if HT did the lighting on the robe, but for me, it doesn't ruin such an amazing figure, tailoring is awesome, and the HS is excellent...

Spenser was testing some EL wire for the robe, so I might either get his kit or mod mine...
It's all good!
Cannot wait for this guy!
:rock!

This guy looks _____*ing awesome. Glad I decided to pre-order him along with Sam.

I don't care the suit doesn't light up, it only would increase the price.

With some tricks with the lights in my detolf, I could get it to simulate it. Or maybe using one of those UV-pens...

Some people willing to pay $300 for a EB GOD "Starchild version" and say it looks so great and defend it to death and complaint a $150 kevin robe dont light up ??? :cuckoo:

I'll gladly pay 300 for the best Bruce Lee 1/6 release to date, which is accurate to the Game of Death in every way imaginable from the sculpt, costume, and down to the tiny accessories, comes with a ton of extras, a gorgeous box that could be displayed itself, and a COA. However, that has nothing to do with this figure and idk why you'd even mention it :dunno

The complaint about this Tron figure is a valid 1 imo, b/c the lighting is arguably the most important element of the Tron. Ask yourself what's the first thing you think of when someone says "Tron", and odds are it's neon light cycles and awesome character suits that light up.

How does HT not even address this? They ignored it and gave you an LED base instead? Sorry, that's simply awful regardless of the price tag. HT could at least try - like Medicom did with the Daft Punk reflective strips as previously mentioned.

Yet, nobody says a word b/c it's a HT release...
:dunno

I for one am happy this thread hasn't turned into another whine-fest...
too many of those all across the board IMO...

Anyway, yeah it would've been great if HT did the lighting on the robe, but for me, it doesn't ruin such an amazing figure, tailoring is awesome, and the HS is excellent...

Spenser was testing some EL wire for the robe, so I might either get his kit or mod mine...
It's all good!
Cannot wait for this guy!
:rock!

Hey Kuzeh.

I hope I'm not coming across as "whining", I'm trying to facilitate discussion about a few flaws I think are crucial and this figure and figure out why Tron fans aren't making a big deal about it, b/c I'm a huge Tron fan myself and would have loved to pick up this figure for my collection.

Like I said earlier, if this were a Medicom or Enterbay release, there would be an endless amount of bashing for the missing light features alone. Just read the thread for the Medicom/EB Jack Sparrow and then the thread for the HT Jack Sparrow and you'll see where I'm coming from.

I agree the HS is good, as is the tailoring of the clothing. If you have this modded I hope you post pics in the future :D

Some people willing to pay $300 for a EB GOD "Starchild version" and say it looks so great and defend it to death and complaint a $150 kevin robe dont light up ??? :cuckoo:

I guess that was aimed at me OMG?. Why are you bringing Enterbay GOD into a thread on Tron Flynn?
Why start that ____ in here?
So someone buys something you don't agree with and that negates their opinion on a non-related figure release?
Jesus, get a grip. Let the Enterbay hate exist in the Enterbay threads. You want to see real whining, head over there.

Incidentally, I didn't complain that the cloak doesn't light up. I complained that the head sculpt doesn't look like Bridges.
And as someone quite rightly pointed out in here, "what makes Tron.. Tron?" Answer: glowing bits.
Tron, without light up element is just an old dude in a black cloak. A nice old dude in a well tailored black cloak, but not Tron IMO.
Light up elements, or glow elements or hell, even reflective strips are integral to this license.
That's why you photoshopped your pics right? to make them glow, to make them seem more Tron like?

By the way I think your shots are great. But the fact that you felt the need to add glows pretty much sums up this whole issue.
If you don't mind, thats cool man, thats great for you. But don't knock others who don't agree.

But this feels rushed and weak to me as a package. Maybe this was one of the reasons HT have dumped the line.

I am looking at this objectively, as I ordered this ages ago, paying in full for it. I will buy pretty much anything Tron related. And I will happily add this to my collection.

But IMO this is a weak release from HT.
Have a look at Spensers custom Tron work and see why.

Last edited:
NO. Sorry, wall of text I didn't read but NO, not aim at you, relax. :wave

Ok let me summarise for you:
1. Please don't bring Bruce Lee Enterbay _____ing into a Tron thread.
It looks like trolling.
2. No lights/glow/reflective strips on a Tron release equals fail IMO.
Which is why you photoshopped yours.
3. Headsculpt is just ok. Mouth bad.

I guess that was aimed at me OMG?. Why are you bringing Enterbay GOD into a thread on Tron Flynn?
Why start that ____ in here?
So someone buys something you don't agree with and that negates their opinion on a non-related figure release?
Jesus, get a grip. Let the Enterbay hate exist in the Enterbay threads. You want to see real whining, head over there.

Incidentally, I didn't complain that the cloak doesn't light up. I complained that the head sculpt doesn't look like Bridges.
And as someone quite rightly pointed out in here, "what makes Tron.. Tron?" Answer: glowing bits.
Tron, without light up element is just an old dude in a black cloak. A nice old dude in a well tailored black cloak, but not Tron IMO.
Light up elements, or glow elements or hell, even reflective strips are integral to this license.
That's why you photoshopped your pics right? to make them glow, to make them seem more Tron like?

By the way I think your shots are great. But the fact that you felt the need to add glows pretty much sums up this whole issue.
If you don't mind, thats cool man, thats great for you. But don't knock others who don't agree.

But this feels rushed and weak to me as a package. Maybe this was one of the reasons HT have dumped the line.

I am looking at this objectively, as I ordered this ages ago, paying in full for it. I will buy pretty much anything Tron related. And I will happily add this to my collection.

But IMO this is a weak release from HT.
Have a look at Spensers custom Tron work and see why.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

I'm guessing the EB God pot shot was aimed at me, since I've gone into detail about the flaws of this release whereas most others have ignored them or glazed over them. :dunno Regardless, I agree bringing EB discussions into this thread isn't necessary.

Ok let me summarise for you:
1. Please don't bring Bruce Lee Enterbay _____ing into a Tron thread.
It looks like trolling.
2. No lights/glow/reflective strips on a Tron release equals fail IMO.
Which is why you photoshopped yours.
3. Headsculpt is just ok. Mouth bad.

:exactly::goodpost::clap

Last edited:
*sigh*
I understand where some of you guys are coming from...
I'd love to have a hooded and lite-up robe... but that ship has sailed... even since the previews... so, enjoy the figure... or don't!
;)

:rotfl great post! Yeah, this is the world of strange things, illogical thoughts and bizarre behavior.

:rotfl great post! Yeah, this is the world of strange things, illogical thoughts and bizarre behavior.

I especially like your post and the quoted post as they truly demonstrate illogical thoughts and bizarre behavior.

I especially like your post and the quoted post as they truly demonstrate illogical thoughts and bizarre behavior.

I dunno in what way you guys took his post. I think this is a great irony - people buy some expensives and praise their mediocrity and dissatisfied about lack the costly-and-difficult-to-manufacture function in the pretty cheap things with a sufficiently good quality. It's really weird :dunno

And my attitude to this release doesn't affect OMG's sentence.
No LED and incompleteness of the head doesn't give me the opportunity to consciously get this figure. Of course I could easily order a desired headsculpt and make LED by my own... But for what? Without CLU2.0 conceived integrity of the film's representation on my shelf will be totally incomplete.

786kt7.gif

Back