Hot Toys to release whole 1/6 Avengers team!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Think Black Widow will be next, they'll keep Iron Man for towards the end (and they always have trouble getting early approval for sculpts of Downey Jr) then the long wait for Hulk.

In light of the Thor debacle I'd sooner see them take their time than rush out substandard pieces.

My Avengers needs:
Hulk and Loki- Absolute Essentials.
Nick Fury and Cap- Must Haves.
Mark VII- Wears the Mark VI for 90% of the film, and we never get a really clear look at the VII. I'm happy with my VI.
Thor- More interested in a sleeveless version. Right now, I'm content with my original figure.
Hawkeye- Throwaway character. Will get only if I can find a great deal.
Black Widow- I'm happy with my IM2 version, but will bite if I can get a bargain on The Avengers version.
Agent Coulson- I'd buy him over Hawkeye ANY day of the week. Seriously.

Me as well! She was pretty damn awesome! And HOT! :naughty

Major Spoiler: Do NOT read if you haven't seen the film!
Spoiler Spoiler:

Good call. I hadn't thought about that.

Saw the movie last night. Incredible! Hot Toys is saving me a lot of money by doing such a poor job at Captain America and Thor; the film is so much about the characters that owning $200 figures that looking nothing like the actors makes no sense to me.

The only figures they've shown so far that actually hold up to their movie counterparts are Hawkeye and Nick Fury. After seeing the film I think Hot Toys got a little carried away with Hulk's size, too. Bigger isn't always better when it means he'll cost way more and won't fit on a shelf.

It's a shame they didn't take another stab at the Mark VI because it's very prominent in the film and the current figure's proportions are just all kinds of wrong.

Yet I think its Fury's likeness that misses the mark moreso than Captain America. Thor's is certainly the worst headsculpt so far though. Sorry worst 'likeness' - the headsculpt is technically great.

After seeing the movie I need Hulk. :lol

Probably Cap, Widow and Iron Man too. Thor if it looked like the actor...

I don't think these have been posted but here are the best images I've seen of the Mark VII:

451max.jpg

559max.jpg

I got them from this article:
Digital Image of Hulk & Iron Man

I don't think these have been posted but here are the best images I've seen of the Mark VII:

:goodpost: Thanks Momo!
been looking for good posterior view pics of the new mark
:hi5:

And Hot Toys will get the Mark VII all kinds of wrong. I wanted them all but they haven't come close to getting one of them right.

Cap was perfect,
it's just the added sculpt that looked subpar

in any case, your judgement gives me hopes that Hulk and Mk VII would break the streak

Back