Hot Toys to release whole 1/6 Avengers team!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are 60 days until The Avengers is released in America on May 4th (only 52 for me! yay!) I would hope Hot Toys would at least tease each figure before then which would mean we'd need at least one announcement every ten days from now.

It sounded like they were going to tease them all before the movie hits... which then would give them perfect timing to show off Catwoman and Bane from TDRK before that film comes out and also Spidey from the new Spidey movie.

wow. re-releasing Cap and Thor so soon after these last ones, and yet another Iron Man lol. well i guess if they make those 3 later in the team lineup, then it wouldn't be a slap in the face to the folks who've gotten the ones out now, since they'd show in a year or 2.

This is the same company that did a BD IM 1 within 6 months of the original that was far superior, then did a Mark IV and only a few months later a Mark VI and then with the Mark IV sold out because people liked it better reissued the Mark IV with the Gantry without batting an eye. I wouldn't be shocked if they did the WWII Cap and the Avengers Cap in the same month. Not to mention that HT looks at The Avengers as a separate license completely than Iron Man or Thor and to them it's just a release.

:thwak :nono :nono

Sculpted is a must.

I agree, as an owner of the old Black Widow i hate the hair, i couldn't get it right so it's fairly straight now rather than curly.

Can't wait for this one with hopefully sculpted hair (Alice style) and put her on my shelf w/ the rest of The Avengers.

I know, i was def gonna get the big 3: Iron Man (dont have one yet) Thor (again dont have) and Cap, then was thinking aslong as Hulk isnt totally rubberised id get Hulk, but after seeing the trailer and the prototype Nicky Fury i want him and Black Widow and Hawkeye too :gah: bye bye bank balance:wave

I think I might actually pre-order Fury this weekend. :thud:

Hopefully it will be sculpted, that way they can appeal to both markets. It's a symmetry thing for me, I don't own any with rooted hair, my fiance would never stop with the doll crap!!:wink1:

I can't wait to see Hulk, I've been wanting high end movie Hulk collectibles since 2003, it's only taken 3 movies to finally get someone to do it.

I really wanted this one.

avengers-hulk-590.jpg

I'll setlle for this one though.

hulk-avengers.jpg

In this case, i hope HT actually gets the likeness off and goes a bit more comic-style and loses and hint of Ruffalo.

I also wanted TIH, he was my favorite but right now i'm liking the Kirby look of the new movie because it reminds me of the Hulk PF, albeit with the Ruffalo likeness mixed in.

Very excited for it.

TIH would've also been bad ass though and I would purchase that version alongside the Avengers version in a heartbeat.

2 Hulks in not enough for a collection :lecture

I think Hulk will be my first HT that I will carry everywhere I go. :lol

Last edited:
I'd actually even get Ed Norton Bruce Banner, I thought Norton was great, I loved TIH, I wish they'd made a sequel and kept that going. Hulk is my favorite Marvel hero and they finally had a movie that seemed to have momentum for the character and they let it die. I doubt any Hulk movie will ever do Iron Man / Batman box office numbers, but I thought the 2008 movie did really well, especially when it's predecessor gave it a bad setup, I think a sequel would have done even better because of the positive buzz.

I agree about the Kirby qualities in Avengers Hulk, hopefully the figure has more Kirby than Ruffalo in it.

Never happen, but this would be my ultimate Hulk figure.

Lou-Ferrigno.jpg

I'm curious where Marvel will go with Hulk as a movie property after Avengers since there is a TV show also being made.

Will they try to get away from Hulk being on the run and focus on a Banner that embraces who he is and is a talking thinking Hulk in full partnership with Shield being sent on missions around the globe?

LOL at LF Hulk, I don't think I could pass him up in 1/6 scale if ever made. :lol

Back