Hot Toys - TMS051/2 - Mandalorian and Grogu (Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an absolute roller coaster after this was announced.
I’ve had V2 dlx in my possession a couple months but hadn’t even opened the shipping box so I initially decided I really should get the new one because just look at that chrome; I’ll absolutely regret not having the shiniest Mando on the market. Regular will suffice as I’ll never have him carrying all those sacks. So I’ll have two Beskar options to make use of both the helmet and headsculpt on display until a season 3 version hits- presumably continuing the chrome trend- then sell V2.

Oh no- then I’ll be selling off Grogu’s cot!.. ok, best buy that Grogu set that comes with his nifty Cot from Kuiil so I can always have that display option.

Wow, look how many are popping up on eBay. I should definitely wait a few years till new collectors want to catch up on old releases- but why would they want the non-chromed Beskar option? The time is now!
Hmm eBay have a £3 max sellers fee deal on at the moment… ok I’ll put my dlx up at a high price so in the unlikely instance that someone buys from me over the cheaper options I won’t feel too bad. Taking pics I see how cool the figure is- ‘I can’t sell this!’ Ah but the money will pay for the new one- ok, do it!
Bam, couple days later and it’s sold. Mixed emotions all around and a big ol’ wait with no Mando in my display.

Til;dr- I’m gonna have just one Mando -chromed S2 with Grogu in his S2 cot from the accessories set as my definitive Din. Till S3 comes out…

Now give us Cobb and the Anakin pod speeder!

I had an absolute roller coaster after this was announced.
I’ve had V2 dlx in my possession a couple months but hadn’t even opened the shipping box so I initially decided I really should get the new one because just look at that chrome; I’ll absolutely regret not having the shiniest Mando on the market. Regular will suffice as I’ll never have him carrying all those sacks. So I’ll have two Beskar options to make use of both the helmet and headsculpt on display until a season 3 version hits- presumably continuing the chrome trend- then sell V2.

Oh no- then I’ll be selling off Grogu’s cot!.. ok, best buy that Grogu set that comes with his nifty Cot from Kuiil so I can always have that display option.

Wow, look how many are popping up on eBay. I should definitely wait a few years till new collectors want to catch up on old releases- but why would they want the non-chromed Beskar option? The time is now!
Hmm eBay have a £3 max sellers fee deal on at the moment… ok I’ll put my dlx up at a high price so in the unlikely instance that someone buys from me over the cheaper options I won’t feel too bad. Taking pics I see how cool the figure is- ‘I can’t sell this!’ Ah but the money will pay for the new one- ok, do it!
Bam, couple days later and it’s sold. Mixed emotions all around and a big ol’ wait with no Mando in my display.

Til;dr- I’m gonna have just one Mando -chromed S2 with Grogu in his S2 cot from the accessories set as my definitive Din. Till S3 comes out…

Now give us Cobb and the Anakin pod speeder!
Ha, I know how you feel, my s1 beskar Mando were just few weeks away from getting delivered to me. Glad I had the chance to cancel my PO and used that money to PO this s2 beskar Mando.

Last edited:
You both Enjoy the waits, I be loving my collections of Mandalorians and others Characters
(FYI I ordered and Paid for the new S2 Beskar)

Attachments

• The Mandalorians.jpg
    The Mandalorians.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 53
I bought v1 beskar and have no intention to buy this. In fact, I prefer a full beskar mando. And I bought v1 for the child. So it's the child + mando, rather than mando + child. In that regard, this set is inferior to v1 beskar. If mando ever gets a full beskar suit, then I might consider buying it.

Preorders for this on the non Sideshow sites are still up, I think I'll wait to see what season 3 brings us to decide if I want to pick this up.

People need to understand that HT did not upgrade the v1 beskar Mando.

The v1 beskar is a representation of Season 1 Mando , HT released the Season 2 beskar Mando.

Just like we have different HT Vaders representing different Episodes.

Like I mentioned in my previous comment, most likely the salty ones are those who have worked on some length to mod their v1 beskar Mando to Season 2 version (although some of them are contempt with their upgrade), and now HT is making that season 2 Mando complete with everything incl HS.

The chrome paint is just a cherry on the top.
Right. And you're not getting the season one exclusive accessories with the new season two figure and vice versa.

As for the salty folk, I think a few other factors are that Beskar Mando was a lot of people's first Hot Toys figure, and a lot of Star Wars' collectors first figure from an ongoing series as opposed to a figure from a decades-old concluded trilogy. Neither group would necessarily anticipate a newer version of the figure they just bought being announced so soon after they took delivery.

There's going to be a new Mandalorian figure for every season of the show just as there's a new Captain America figure for every new Avengers film. And since it takes Hot Toys two years to ship a damn figure but the movies/series are annual, chances are high the new one will be announced before they've even sent you the old one. Just how it is.

The only thing from the V3 version I'd really want is the new chrome armour, otherwise I'm perfectly satisfied with the season 1 version until more drastic changes are (potentially) made to the armour in future seasons, for example, if he paints it.
I have the V1 now and V2 on the way. Even though this V3 represents season 2 Beskar Mando, I personally only need 1 unpainted Beskar Mando in my collection. I'd be happy with a V1, V2 or V3 and potentially a painted V4 (for example) in my collection.
I really like the chrome look, like it more than the duller V2 version.
I could cancel the V2 version and PO the V3 but then I'd have a couple of years wait on top of the wait I've already had for the V2. The whole time with no Beskar Mando in my collection.
So I'm looking for customisers who make the chrome armour pieces or, if I can get the right kind of chrome paint, repaint the armour on the V2 myself when it arrives.

While I did get a refund approval from SS, I’ll probably end up holding on to the V1 DX since it has the original floating pram/pod. Just running the numbers, if I were to pick up Grogu w/pod separately that would run around $150 vs. the original $75 upcharge in the DX package. That would essentially make the Mando figure $165. I think the DX will hold its value if not increase a bit. The V1 is also differentiated in that his armor is relatively pristine, whereas the V2 will have more weathering and the tattered cloak. In that respect V1 could be considered late Season 1/Season 2-Part 1 and V2 would be Season 2-Part 2. At least that’s the rationale I’m going to use for my decision. It would have been nice if the V2 set included Grogo’s updated pod, but I guess HT didn’t want to eat into sales of the Grogu accessory pack set.

Gonna have way too many Grogu in my collection, But o'well that just mean i can try to make new the body to make it articulates.

While I did get a refund approval from SS, I’ll probably end up holding on to the V1 DX since it has the original floating pram/pod. Just running the numbers, if I were to pick up Grogu w/pod separately that would run around $150 vs. the original $75 upcharge in the DX package. That would essentially make the Mando figure $165. I think the DX will hold its value if not increase a bit. The V1 is also differentiated in that his armor is relatively pristine, whereas the V2 will have more weathering and the tattered cloak. In that respect V1 could be considered late Season 1/Season 2-Part 1 and V2 would be Season 2-Part 2. At least that’s the rationale I’m going to use for my decision. It would have been nice if the V2 set included Grogo’s updated pod, but I guess HT didn’t want to eat into sales of the Grogu accessory pack set.

Grogu w/pram is the gem of the Beskar Season 1 Set. My thinking was if you can find it for under $100, it’s worth it to just bypass the set, grab it and have it with the OG Mando where it makes the most sense display wise and scratch your Beskar itch with the Season 2 figure. The tricky part obviously is finding the pram set-up for cheap.

People are making out like the previous verison is suddenly obsolete now that this one is up for order. I'm looking at the previous one on my display right now and it still steals the show, it's shiny and eye catching and looks accurate.

Not my intention. If I had a bigger figure budget I’d want all the Din figures to do the whole visual progression thing. More power to those who can afford to not be so choosey.

People are making out like the previous verison is suddenly obsolete now that this one is up for order. I'm looking at the previous one on my display right now and it still steals the show, it's shiny and eye catching and looks accurate.
Those same people will probably be cancelling again if season 3 Mando has major changes to the armor. I hope these companies have NRD in place and are enforcing it.

Grogu w/pram is the gem of the Beskar Season 1 Set. My thinking was if you can find it for under $100, it’s worth it to just bypass the set, grab it and have it with the OG Mando where it makes the most sense display wise and scratch your Beskar itch with the Season 2 figure. The tricky part obviously is finding the pram set-up for cheap.
That's precisely where my pram is, with OG Mando. Standing Grogu is with S1 Beskar Mando. It worked out really well...

Ordered this and cancelled the previous version which hasn’t shown up yet in Aus for me. The superseded version is shown before I got the previous one.

I wonder how far HT will go with this. Will we see another release with a wire cape and slightly bloody headsculpt

Then the snow armor. I mean its getting a bit ridiculous. Its not like they just developed the painting techniques to paint chrome. They did that way back with the Genysis Terminator Endoskeleton. Kind of a jerk move to do the season 2 then do a "real" season two where its chrome armor and the headsculpt.

I got the OG version and 1st Gen Season two (I guess thats what we'll call it now LOL) I'm not getting this just out of principle. Would I like the chrome armor and headsculpt? Absolutely, but not enough to buy a whole other figure. I'd be more willing if they had just released and accessory pack like they did with the IW Iron Man.

Great time for someone to pick up the 1st Gen Season two now as the prices will be drove low with all the people offloading to get this.

People are making out like the previous version is suddenly obsolete now that this one is up for order. I'm looking at the previous one on my display right now and it still steals the show, it's shiny and eye catching and looks accurate.
It's the usual SOP.

I'm curious how many skipped the OG version waiting for a Beskar version, only to pass on the previous version in order to get one with a head sculpt...

I wouldn't be surprised if they end up passing on this version as well, once leaked pics of a different season 3 armor are released.

I went backwards and forwards yesterday, cancelling my preorder for the previous version (it hasn't arrived in Australia yet) and requesting to swap over to this chromed version... but after looking at images of the actual costume, decided I don't think chrome scales so well on a 1/6 figure.... so am keeping my preorder of the previous version.

Lol... but am I making a mistake?

Back