Hot Toys - TMS035 - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - TMS - Bo-Katan Kryze (The Mandalorian Season 2)

Rooted hair = HT could go *** themselves :)

I prefer rooted hair, but agree HT skimps on its approach. Considering the improvements that have been made with 1/6 rooted hair figures in the last few years, I'm sure Hot Toys could easily invest in higher quality materials and better application and styling systems that would raise the bar and significantly enhance the realism. Given what they're charging, there's no excuse for them to still be using slightly above Barbie-grade hair. Custom rooting can look absolutely amazing, in part because the artists use thinner, more realistic materials combined with cutting and styling, but yes it's expensive. I don't really care one way or the other if Bo has sculpted or rooted hair. For shorter hair characters I can go either way.

sculpted hair for me only. She has short hair and the head band thing will look awkward with rooted hair. I'm very hopeful this face sculpt will be amazing. Day one pre-order for me. She will go right next to Mando in my collection.

Now if Heavy Mando and IG-11 would ever show up!! So anxious!

Hopefully the reveal will be soon and we can find out

Hot Toys could easily invest in higher quality materials

They could do that for a lot of things, but it's not happening. They don't have real competition and the figures sell. They have no reason or incentive to do anything differently.

Sculpted hair for me too. It would make Bo-Katan look dumb.

I don't see why they would do rooted hair. It makes sense for the figures with longer hair because sculpted hair would interfere with neck articulation, but Bo's hair is very short.

Also I feel like it's a given they'd include a head sculpt. She's not like Din, who spends most of his time in the helmet. It's very important to who her character is that she shows her face.

I don't see why they would do rooted hair. It makes sense for the figures with longer hair because sculpted hair would interfere with neck articulation, but Bo's hair is very short.

Also I feel like it's a given they'd include a head sculpt. She's not like Din, who spends most of his time in the helmet. It's very important to who her character is that she shows her face.

I would say some people are concerned because Hot Toys has so far stuck to doing figures that don't need head sculpts for The Mandalorian line. It was only Moff Gideon before Boba Fett. Bo-Katan doesn't need a head sculpt to be displayed per se, though the figure would be worse off without one.

Some people are also concerned because Hot Toys has done rooted hair for looser short/medium hairstyles (eg. Infinity War Black Widow, Winter Soldier Black Widow).

I'm 50/50 on whether a head sculpt will be included, but if it does, I'm pretty certain it will be sculpted hair as HT seems to be moving away from rooted hair.

Last edited:

I would say some people are concerned because Hot Toys has so far stuck to doing figures that don't need head sculpts for The Mandalorian line. It was only Moff Gideon before Boba Fett. Bo-Katan doesn't need a head sculpt to be displayed per se, though the figure would be worse off without one.

It'd be pretty bonkers if they didn't include a head sculpt, especially considering that a major plot point of her appearance on The Mandalorian was to show the audience and the main character that The Way Din followed was not the only one and that there are other Mandos out there that don't cover their faces.

Anyone got the skinny on this dropping tomorrow night?

Where'd you hear that from?

I assumed they'd wanna give Fett at least a week in the limelight lol

It'd be pretty bonkers if they didn't include a head sculpt, especially considering that a major plot point of her appearance on The Mandalorian was to show the audience and the main character that The Way Din followed was not the only one and that there are other Mandos out there that don't cover their faces.

Hot Toys has made some bonkers decisions, especially with the Star Wars line.

Where'd you hear that from?

I assumed they'd wanna give Fett at least a week in the limelight lol

People said this was gonna drop with Fett last week. So I was asking those same truthsayers what's the next hearsay.

People said this was gonna drop with Fett last week. So I was asking those same truthsayers what's the next hearsay.

I’ll say this’ll go up this week.

If not, just read this again next week.

The AOU one was very bad. Not just the hair, but the sideward glance eyes, and a bad paintjob that took away from the likeness.
But they can both be saved with some hot water, and a bit of styling.
I'm not advocating for rooted on Bo Katan, but just playing devil's advocate for rooting. I have seen some incredible work done on stock HT sculpts either with a slight repaint/re-rooting, or just work done on the hair itself.
Tell me these don?t look good, my friend?

d2ee74314d71ae3c3d2e5968937c119d.jpg

dbcb4148f13c029f0d5cf6b64bc28cbc.jpg

0b8d2e979ab4d75ee4f3d4fe7ad31607.jpg

36ff645e2439ac3fc4b5882021696243.jpg

20bc8cf2151abba04f447c5cf98ceb46.jpg

No these don't look good. The hair is clearly not scaled to 1:6 .

I prefer sculpted hair, especially on short-haired characters, but have to admit that the first one and the last one in the pics above look fantastic.

Considering that the photos are zoomed in and they look this good, I can only imagine how amazing they are in-hand.

I agree. I think the blond version looks really good IMHO

Back