1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did UPS shipping cost go up? My deluxe is shipping soon and it's almost double the price of a Hot Toys figure usually shipped to me. $38 and it's not double boxed. Is the shipping box that big and heavy?

I got mine from Toysbuyingagent and it was over 2KGs so had to go the expensive rate. I weighed it when it came in, no shipper with TBA, I think it was close to 5 pounds if I remember right. But shipping is going up for everyone it seems.

No plug here but unless you have rewards with SS, its more prudent to go with companies that offer free shipping and double boxing. SS charges an additional 10 bucks to double box. I got my set from AE for 288.00 flat.

Yep, I got mine from AE as well. Not only is shipping free but they don't charge sales tax on out of state orders, whereas Sideshow not only has high shipping costs but the shipping is taxed in addition to the figure. If that $38 shipping charge is accurate, that means I would have had to use $60 in rewards just to get the Sideshow price for this equal to the AE cost (actually $75 in this case, as I used $15 in AE rewards on this set). That's why I usually only go with Sideshow when it's a "standard" HT figure ($275 or less, which usually ship to me for @$20). Anything more than that is IMO an inefficient use of reward points.

Some quick pics from opening the box. I can finally put the Grogu ornament away. I also have the custom black robe for Luke but haven?t changed it out yet. View attachment 513527View attachment 513528View attachment 513529View attachment 513530View attachment 513531
In my case, I got the regular beskar so I'll keep the grogu Christmas ornament [emoji28]

guess The main reason for not getting the deluxe ver. was because of this ornament, but now I do want all the extra accessories like the whistling birds or the beer/beskar cooler [emoji17]
0a175b185d8d65740e8fb0b89401eec9.jpg

Sent from my M2102J20SG using Tapatalk

Hell has officially frozen over. Got the infamous email.

Will charge in the 26 math and probably shipped 3 years after.

Yep, I got mine from AE as well. Not only is shipping free but they don't charge sales tax on out of state orders, whereas Sideshow not only has high shipping costs but the shipping is taxed in addition to the figure. If that $38 shipping charge is accurate, that means I would have had to use $60 in rewards just to get the Sideshow price for this equal to the AE cost (actually $75 in this case, as I used $15 in AE rewards on this set). That's why I usually only go with Sideshow when it's a "standard" HT figure ($275 or less, which usually ship to me for @$20). Anything more than that is IMO an inefficient use of reward points.

Exactly! The reward points I collect all year go to just covering shipping with SS. AE gives rewards points also and it always works out a better deal.

Anyone bought this from battlegroundsgames? I was wondering if I should get it from their ebay store. It's cheaper than buying from sideshow collectibles and they are in stock right now.

People have said the v2 flightsuit looks brown in some instances but mine looks solidly gray. Cape is even grayer. When does it look brown in hand?

Mine is gray, too. I guess you could see some brown if you're in really warm lightning, but I still just see gray..
It's the next blue/black or white/gold dress.

I suppose the felt nature of the material will catch the warm sunlight in late-in-the-day photos and look brownish.

I still think it looks great and accurate to the Season 2 Mando, but I guess I was expecting a material that was more in the middle the way people were talking.

Still trying to decide if I dare strip him down to remove the fatsuit or not. With so much gear I have no idea how I even want to pose him. :lol

I suppose the felt nature of the material will catch the warm sunlight in late-in-the-day photos and look brownish.

I still think it looks great and accurate to the Season 2 Mando, but I guess I was expecting a material that was more in the middle the way people were talking.

Still trying to decide if I dare strip him down to remove the fatsuit or not. With so much gear I have no idea how I even want to pose him. :lol

Justin on his YT channel said the material was brown, but was dyed or sprayed gray. He said the material at the back of the head, under the helmet, that you can see where there is clearly brown. I think lighting makes a big difference and there is both in there. On set photos show the material is brown, but lighting during the show/color correcting leads it to look gray. The whole Han Brown/Blue coat situation, but I think the color for V2 looks great. We shall see if V3 changes anything.

Justin on his YT channel said the material was brown, but was dyed or sprayed gray.

Really? Seems like a waste of time and money... but I guess the cost to have someone spray the material was cheaper than buying the correct color. China crazy like dat. :lol

Anyway, I never care much what the actual costume/prop color is but I do care how it looked on film -- how I saw it before I learned the behind-the-scenes secrets.

In S02E01 when the Mando meets the Tuskens and he's patting their doggy, his suit looks light brown from the back, then from the front it looks dark brown or grey.

vlcsnap-2021-05-22-19h09m13s973.jpg

vlcsnap-2021-05-22-19h09m46s831.jpg

At others times too it changes dramatically depending on the lighting.

Did UPS shipping cost go up? My deluxe is shipping soon and it's almost double the price of a Hot Toys figure usually shipped to me. $38 and it's not double boxed. Is the shipping box that big and heavy?

Something is definitely off with that. I just added Thanos to my cart which is a larger and heavier box than Mando, and it says $17 for shipping. And I'm all the way on the other side of the country.

My V2 suit was grey, but it had a very light overspray or brown. Based on all the references I've seen, and after watching Season 2 again, I had decided to paint the flight suit brown. It definitely made a huge difference and personally, I think it looks more accurate but that's just my opinion :huh

In S02E01 when the Mando meets the Tuskens and he's patting their doggy, his suit looks light brown from the back, then from the front it looks dark brown or grey.

View attachment 513709

View attachment 513710

At others times too it changes dramatically depending on the lighting.

Yep those are good examples of the warm sunlight really changing the gray to brown.

I suppose HT went with pictures like these when choosing to spray the brown color gray...

Who-Is-in-Cast-Mandalorian-Season-2.jpg

final armor of S1.jpg

eMAC7O2.jpg

the-mandalorian-106-image006-1576279008669.jpg

Back