1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL that's 'coz I have been PLAYING all afternoon doin' the kid in a candy store thing :lol gloating over the fine details of my new Beskar Mando. Now I can quit collecting any more Mando, anyway....:lol
At this point I could spend weeks tinkering with all this awesomeness and badassery:cool:
Code:

View attachment 506252

Aw, I knew it! :wink1: Congratz on your new addition!

Anyway overall - hafta say IMO Hot Toys is killing it with these Mandalorians. Great paint job on Mando AND the Child - it's a nice satin sheen - better than I expected, if not the deep wax shine I was looking for. IMO the gray undersuit IS gray but seems to have some brown in it - not a pure gray, so it's a pretty good effect. Not to mention an entire toybox of cool stuff, especially the camtono. Feel like I got my money's worth.:clap

This is the Way.

So, HT had better up their game with Mando V3 and it had better be more than a thigh plate and a spear.:monkey3 Otherwise I can just kick back, relax, and decide whether I wanna shell out for a Tusken Raider or buy ANOTHER Bucky and Falcon.:cool:

But what if Mando v3.0 has a headsculpt....?! :naughty

2. The majority of high end toy customers in general are males and therefore it makes sense that toy companies would make more male than female characters. You can blame this on the movie industry and their individual franchises focusing on mainly male character heroes but the fact still remains that most toy buyers are men and they buy toys of men. I know plenty of female collectors and we have many on these boards so I?m not implying that it?s only a male industry only pointing out the fact that it?s predominantly male.

I guess something's wrong with me. As a male, I prefer female heroes over males. But most heroes are male, so I collect mostly male.

I guess something's wrong with me. As a male, I prefer female heroes over males. But most heroes are male, so I collect mostly male.

I dont have a preference for male or female characters, I have a preference for good characters, or just ones that leave an impression on me.

Are people who are getting it now in the past few days getting to from sideshow or other retailers? I was under the impression that sideshow got a batch from Hong Kong before the holiday and already distributed that small batch out.

Are people who are getting it now in the past few days getting to from sideshow or other retailers? I was under the impression that sideshow got a batch from Hong Kong before the holiday and already distributed that small batch out.

I got mine from Toys Wonderland.

Nope. Nothing wrong with that at all. Growing up I loved all the females in X-men comics and their stories better. I always wanted toys of those heroes but they were few and far between. On average the sale of male toys is higher but that doesn?t mean that all male collectors only want male toys. It just means the majority of males buy male toys. Pointing out a fact is not an endorsement of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sideshow; paid mine off when the first small batch shipped. So guess they got a second batch and I got lucky. :dunno

Dunno, maybe the container ship mess is affecting what they get in....

So, HT had better up their game with Mando V3 and it had better be more than a thigh plate and a spear. Otherwise I can just kick back, relax, and decide whether I wanna shell out for a Tusken Raider or buy ANOTHER Bucky and Falcon.
But what if Mando v3.0 has a headsculpt....?!

Oh, yeah, for sure if Mando V3 has a head sculpt; even tho with HT seems to be rolling the dice these days. There's the Yondus and the IW Buckys and Shuris; then there's the Iron Man debacle.:horror

Got mine yesterday from sideshow and finally had a chance to break him out of his plastic prison. Looks amazing. I took the fat suit off because it hindered articulation quite a bit and left him looking a bit ?puffy?.

Got mine yesterday from sideshow and finally had a chance to break him out of his plastic prison. Looks amazing. I took the fat suit off because it hindered articulation quite a bit and left him looking a bit ?puffy?.

It for the figure to move and articulates without tearing and ripping the suit

I like my Mandos thicc:cool:

Also just don't like de-costuming when I don't really have to, am a coward that way. Tho am gonna make some bendy or softer hands, so I can position trigger fingers/weapons better. Also for a true knife grip. :frank

Hafta say for all my *&^%$ing about the shine level of the Beskar, on my shelves it looks pretty good - like, metal.:cool: Was also impressed with the paint job of the Child. But was ALSO surprised how close the Hallmark ornament is to the pram Child - the paint is different, sure, but the Hallmark ornament is a fairly close match.

I like my Mandos thicc:cool:

Also just don't like de-costuming when I don't really have to, am a coward that way. Tho am gonna make some bendy or softer hands, so I can position trigger fingers/weapons better. Also for a true knife grip. :frank

Hafta say for all my *&^%$ing about the shine level of the Beskar, on my shelves it looks pretty good - like, metal.:cool: Was also impressed with the paint job of the Child. But was ALSO surprised how close the Hallmark ornament is to the pram Child - the paint is different, sure, but the Hallmark ornament is a fairly close match.

Yes! Those hands on both my mandos are very rigid. I have pulled the fingers out of the hand several times trying to wrap them around one of the weapons. Assume they went with a stiffer material to support the two piece hands? Dunno, but it's a pain!

Really liking this. Didn?t get a chance to really mess with him much last night other than unbox him and set him up but it?s awesome. Beskar looks good in certain lighting, would still like to get some armor with the correct type of paint, maybe one day

quick out of the box pic
1ad77489a8a7c1f1f86caf84c9863c47.jpg

Really liking this. Didn?t get a chance to really mess with him much last night other than unbox him and set him up but it?s awesome. Beskar looks good in certain lighting, would still like to get some armor with the correct type of paint, maybe one day

quick out of the box pic
1ad77489a8a7c1f1f86caf84c9863c47.jpg

Nice pic really picks up the colors of both versions and details:clap! Congrats on getting him!

Yes! Those hands on both my mandos are very rigid. I have pulled the fingers out of the hand several times trying to wrap them around one of the weapons. Assume they went with a stiffer material to support the two piece hands? Dunno, but it's a pain!

Think the were just bein' *productive* (or cheap) cause with a 2 piece hand, that has 2 different colors of gloves, it would take too long to paint consistently across the fingers. So u would need a stiffer plastic to assemble after painting.

But for a 'kitbasher - they can take a one-piece hand and tape off, and all that.

But someone stop me I keep playing with him.:lol Definitely a fig to own with this wild U.S. weather if u are stuck inside.

HT_beskarMando_opt.jpg

PS. That FB pic is wicked:clap

Anyone see this yet on FB? Not mine but damn if this is not one of the eminent poses for this figure, I am not sure what is

That's pretty funny and they did a decent job, but if we're talking specifically for this figure, it's technically not correct as his armor is very slightly different in season 2. And his armor was covered in Krayt acid during this scene as well.

He has so many iconic scenes in season 1 with this armor that I personally would want him in other action poses, but this might be a good deluxe accessory for a season 2 Mandalorian figure.

That's pretty funny and they did a decent job, but if we're talking specifically for this figure, it's technically not correct as his armor is very slightly different in season 2. And his armor was covered in Krayt acid during this scene as well.

He has so many iconic scenes in season 1 with this armor that I personally would want him in other action poses, but this might be a good deluxe accessory for a season 2 Mandalorian figure.

OK, something like that would get me to PO:drool

HT should pair with Sideshow for something like that - Sideshow did awesome with the Mythos Obi-Wan accessories.

OK, something like that would get me to PO:drool

HT should pair with Sideshow for something like that - Sideshow did awesome with the Mythos Obi-Wan accessories.

I'm sure Hot Toys would do fine as well. I passed on the figure, but I liked the backpack and accessories they made for the TLJ Luke deluxe.

Back