1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL the warnings - yep, when I am looking for accessories I come across all kinds of stuff:monkey3:horror. I guess if I were doing a Lucifer TV show diorama a few of 'em might be useful.:lol I gotta wonder tho if the people making and shipping some of this stuff are rolling around laughing, or it's just business as usual.:cool:

I have a feeling its business as usual. :p

Gloved hands, perhaps we can have Fennec flipping off Moff Gideon. LOL! But seriously, she'll need gloved hands.

gloves.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/VSTOYS-1-6...460813?hash=item23cac0614d:g:8fwAAOSwZzVdzlWj

Boots:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-Scale-...581565?hash=item2cd41315bd:g:YVwAAOSwEMxa9H02

I think in general, making female face sculpts are harder than male. I personally think the Daisy Ridley sculpt went down hill and got worst and worst over the 3 iterations but that's just me. They took many versions to get to the Black Widow sculpt in EG. Still, Bo Katan will need a head sculpt and so does Fennic.

I think in general, making female face sculpts are harder than male.

This is a cop-out used by untalented artists to excuse their bad work. Capturing someone's likeness, whether drawing/painting/sculpting is easier when you're willing to capture the imperfections that make them who they are. With past female face sculpts the desire to make them pretty above all else was what got in the way. Now they're leaning more toward realistic.

This is a cop-out used by untalented artists to excuse their bad work. Capturing someone's likeness, whether drawing/painting/sculpting is easier when you're willing to capture the imperfections that make them who they are. With past female face sculpts the desire to make them pretty above all else was what got in the way. Now they're leaning more toward realistic.

It was like Ubisoft saying they didn't want to have female protaganists because they were harder to animate :lol.

I think the argument that HT doesn?t like producing females just because they are females is bogus for many reasons.

1. Hot Toys has produced many females in their licensed franchises including many Marvel characters like 7 Black Widows, Maria Hill, 2 Gamoras, 2 Wanda Maximofs, 2 Captain Marvels, Wasp, and Nebula.

Star Wars has had 5 Leias, 3 Rays, 2 Jyn Ersos, and Ahsoka.

DC has had 5 Wonder Women, 4 Harley Quinns, Batgirl, and Catwoman.

Pirates of the Caribbean gave us Elizabeth Swan, and Angelica.

Blade gave us Abigale Whistler.

I?m sure I?m missing some but there are many females they have produced. Compared to male characters it is a small number but that brings me to my second argument.

2. The majority of high end toy customers in general are males and therefore it makes sense that toy companies would make more male than female characters. You can blame this on the movie industry and their individual franchises focusing on mainly male character heroes but the fact still remains that most toy buyers are men and they buy toys of men. I know plenty of female collectors and we have many on these boards so I?m not implying that it?s only a male industry only pointing out the fact that it?s predominantly male.

3. Tooling is a huge factor in what a company produces. For a long time Hot Toys and Sideshow for that matter produced figures with a similar height and body type. Any character that was outside the parameters of their base bodies needed extra tooling to produce so in order to make it worth the investment they?d have to ensure it was a character they could recoup those extra costs. Darth Vader, droids, etc. That includes female characters as well. Most are on the base body and if they are out of that profile and can?t be properly produced with just a fat suit or added muscles they have to spend money on a whole new body.

4. Outfits play a major role in production as well. If they have to tool a new body because of exposed joints like Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn that?s an added cost to making said character. Some characters who?s costumes are just too hard to recreate get lost in the mix. Probably one of the reasons we never got a stand alone Sam Flynn figure because of the light up suit and only the rigid piece for the Tron cycle.

5. Likeness rights play a major role in what a company can produce. Most of the Star Wars characters are under the umbrella of Lucasfilm?s initial contract that they owned the likeness of every character so the actors themselves have little say over what is produced. Much easier from a production perspective. I?m just speculating cause I know nothing about these matters but I?d assume many of the newer contracts these days that actors enter into have a certain percentage they receive for products with their faces and need some sort of approval. Working with different people with different contracts instead of one contract for many characters can be more time consuming and challenging.

6. Popularity of the actor also plays a part in what a company produces. ?A?list actors get more perks and concessions and the star of any franchise is usually the one everyone wants to collect. If a movie has supporting characters who aren?t major stars that could have a negative impact on sales of those characters and therefore be a detriment to produce.

I?d love to see more female characters made into collectables from my favorite franchises but one or more of these factors can be a reason why we haven?t seen our favorite females. None of them have anything to do with HT not liking to do females. So I?ll just wait and see what they come up with while purchasing what I like when they produce it.

It was like Ubisoft saying they didn't want to have female protaganists because they were harder to animate :lol.

Right?? :lol

Be suspicious of any artist that claims something is inherently hard to do. It's like, no you've just hit the limit of your talent. You need to practice more.

But some things require more practise than others, making them harder to do. I'm not saying female likenesses are harder, but I don't buy the 'nothing is hard you just need more practise' approach.

But some things require more practise than others, making them harder to do. I'm not saying female likenesses are harder, but I don't buy the 'nothing is hard you just need more practise' approach.

Both statements can be true. Something is hard (for you to do) and you need more practice. If someone asked me to paint a photorealistic picture of a car for a professional advertisement, I might feel personally that it's impossible, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for every artist everywhere.

So the idea that good female head sculpt likenesses are just Too Hard, Can't Be Done... is not true.

Both statements can be true. Something is hard (for you to do) and you need more practice. If someone asked me to paint a photorealistic picture of a car for a professional advertisement, I might feel personally that it's impossible, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for every artist everywhere.

So the idea that good female head sculpt likenesses are just Too Hard, Can't Be Done... is not true.

Female portraits do have more subtle primary and secondary forms though. Sculpting old people is a lot easier than young because the details are a lot more noticable. True a good artist can do both, but training the eye to read the subtleties of a female portrait takes longer to learn imo.

Female portraits do have more subtle primary and secondary forms though. Sculpting old people is a lot easier than young because the details are a lot more noticeable. True a good artist can do both, but training the eye to read the subtleties of a female portrait takes longer to learn imo.

The ratios that make a likeness remain the same, though.

Twelve: For those who don't see the ones you want (i.e. - Padme, Catwoman (Batman Returns), Bo-Katan, Fennic, etc... give them time, I think they'll show up eventually, especially since they'll be playing more prominent roles in future shows. And since women seem to be dominating Hollywood now, I think we'll be seeing a lot more female figures. The day may come when some of you are complaining that there are no male figures any more!

I am not going to wait twenty years for this stuff, I'll just go third party. Or, if I can I'll make my own. I am not asking that women "dominate" anything, just want co-stars to appear. We never got Faora either, and I am never gonna get over it. lol i cant even imagine the money HT threw away by not making Pfeiffer CW. Oh well! C'est la vie.

.... I wonder if Sass took delivery on his Mando. He's been awful quiet this afternoon. Awwwwwwww

LOL that's 'coz I have been PLAYING all afternoon doin' the kid in a candy store thing:lol gloating over the fine details of my new Beskar Mando. Now I can quit collecting any more Mando, anyway....:lol
At this point I could spend weeks tinkering with all this awesomeness and badassery:cool:
Code:

hot_toys_beskar0_opt.jpg

hot_toys_beskar_opt.jpg

WIP but could spend DAYS with this shelf - there's some 'bashing I wanna do as well, like put together some bendy hands from parts and probably ditch the stands (except for the flight stand):frank. I think I can squeeze IG-11 in here (tho still *&^%$ about the missing Cara:mad:)...I need more sand:frank

Anyway overall - hafta say IMO Hot Toys is killing it with these Mandalorians. Great paint job on Mando AND the Child - it's a nice satin sheen - better than I expected, if not the deep wax shine I was looking for. IMO the gray undersuit IS gray but seems to have some brown in it - not a pure gray, so it's a pretty good effect. Not to mention an entire toybox of cool stuff, especially the camtono. Feel like I got my money's worth.:clap

So, HT had better up their game with Mando V3 and it had better be more than a thigh plate and a spear.:monkey3 Otherwise I can just kick back, relax, and decide whether I wanna shell out for a Tusken Raider or buy ANOTHER Bucky and Falcon.:cool:

Ok ok I?ve been patient.

Where the heck is my SideShow order haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn that is an awesome display!

Is there a way to get a crotch grabber to fit on the stand instead of that awful waist grabber?

Damn that is an awesome display!

Is there a way to get a crotch grabber to fit on the stand instead of that awful waist grabber?

Thanks! Working on giving the shelf that gritty sunbleached Tatooine feel....and maybe about the Beskar stand. Using a sourced flight stand at the moment coz I thought it would give more height.

I gotta look at the HT stand some more, but u could probably make it work with a crotch grabber. Drll and epoxy if needed. The HT base is a lot smaller than the one I am using at the moment, which is pretty heavy duty.

Back