1/6 Hot Toys - TMS015 - The Mandalorian: Din Djarin + The Child set ( DELUXE VERSION)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL:cool: TBH re Rey and Kylo - I use bookshelves, see, for display. Which if u have, oh, 5, 6, figs, are nicely full. Mostly up to Mando it was all LOTR and MCU, and some other random stuff. So then there was Rey and Kylo...and no other SW.

Now they don't go with Mando, and they don't go with my new Qui-Gons...TBH not sure where to put them. I don't want any more ST stuff, really. I probably should put on sale, except...they really are nice figs. Striking in Kylo's case. So, they are taking a rest for now.:google

See, I'm not that strict about it. Cody is standing there right next to Mando and Fett, and everyone gets along. I DO mind mixing franchises a bit...

I feel bad for Favreau, cast and crew; and for the viewing audience. It's just - unpleasant; and up to now Mandalorian had been so positive - successful new tech, old school SW artists and craftsmen showing up, happy fans. Heck, I was learning more about the original SW than I ever had known. It was FUN.:(

This too will pass. We have a lot of stuff coming up. LOTS.

ANYWAY - so, will see if my Beskar shows up; and I can finally do the mixing and matching with V1:cool: - and debating whether I should pick up Boba Fett to go with. For sure I was going to; but am getting real tired of HT not including head sculpts and wonder if Boba will get cheated that way.:pfft:

If Tython Fett gets cheated of a headsculpt, I bet Boba Fresh WONT be cheated. One of those will have a headsculpt. My money is on Tython. I think he might actually end up being a Deluxe. *HOPE*

Good luck with Beskar Mando, hopefully he will show up Monday due to its being a holiday. Let us know what you think.

Back to trying to figure out which Disney Mulan doll will customize into Fennec the best. I am seriously somehow, some way going to make my own Fennec. Or maybe I need to build a Phicen.... what to do, what to do.

jing1.jpg

I feel bad for Favreau, cast and crew; and for the viewing audience. It's just - unpleasant; and up to now Mandalorian had been so positive - successful new tech, old school SW artists and craftsmen showing up, happy fans. Heck, I was learning more about the original SW than I ever had known. It was FUN.:(

It's Star Wars there is ALWAYS something controversial :lol

Season 3 will not be out until early 2022 and this will be mostly forgotten about by then. If Star Wars can survive the old holiday special it can survive anything.

See, I'm not that strict about it. Cody is standing there right next to Mando and Fett, and everyone gets along. I DO mind mixing franchises a bit...
If Tython Fett gets cheated of a headsculpt, I bet Boba Fresh WONT be cheated. One of those will have a headsculpt. My money is on Tython. I think he might actually end up being a Deluxe. *HOPE*

Good luck with Beskar Mando, hopefully he will show up Monday due to its being a holiday. Let us know what you think.

Back to trying to figure out which Disney Mulan doll will customize into Fennec the best. I am seriously somehow, some way going to make my own Fennec. Or maybe I need to build a Phicen.... what to do, what to do.

Fantastic idea I may steal it...that's a great sculpt.!:clap:clap:clap I've got two non-SW females I need to get to at some point (female Middle Earth elf and a Cap '40s dancer) but dunno if I wanna bit the cost for Phicen$$$$ Haven't spent enough time looking at body offerings.

Fennec is a great idea; she'd go with Mando anyway. HT can't be trusted to develop and release her - or even a Bo-Katan sculpt.

But - don't wanna sound TOO b*&%$#y - got no idea what issues HT is dealing with and Covid. Maybe some of their staff and production people have been affected directly.:(:dunno

Re Rey and Kylo - I dunno; they look so distinctive I just didn't think they worked with everyone else. Maybe I'll pick up one of those small display boxes just for those two at some point - like my Zorro fig has to be pretty much a stand alone.:frank

Season 3 will not be out until early 2022 and this will be mostly forgotten about by then. If Star Wars can survive the old holiday special it can survive anything.

LOL. But. It annoys me too that I figure that's what Disney is counting on, the short attention span of most of the audience. But as a long-term collector - now apparently never-to-be made Cara is a HOLE in the collection. I mean, I have 2 V1 Mandos. IG on the way. She was supposed to be on the shelf with them.:gah:

Fantastic idea I may steal it...that's a great sculpt.!:clap:clap:clap I've got two non-SW females I need to get to at some point (female Middle Earth elf and a Cap '40s dancer) but dunno if I wanna bit the cost for Phicen$$$$ Haven't spent enough time looking at body offerings.

Fennec is a great idea; she'd go with Mando anyway. HT can't be trusted to develop and release her - or even a Bo-Katan sculpt.

But - don't wanna sound TOO b*&%$#y - got no idea what issues HT is dealing with and Covid. Maybe some of their staff and production people have been affected directly.:(:dunno

Re Rey and Kylo - I dunno; they look so distinctive I just didn't think they worked with everyone else. Maybe I'll pick up one of those small display boxes just for those two at some point - like my Zorro fig has to be pretty much a stand alone.:frank

LOL. But. It annoys me too that I figure that's what Disney is counting on, the short attention span of most of the audience. But as a long-term collector - now apparently never-to-be made Cara is a HOLE in the collection. I mean, I have 2 V1 Mandos. IG on the way. She was supposed to be on the shelf with them.:gah:

Don't forget the long wanted Death Star Trooper and Bespin Han.

The way I look at it, I can assemble a Phicen head and body for around $100. I will have to clothe her, true but I can do that at my own time and pace - and pay for it on my own time, bit by bit. Enough basic catsuit-and-harnesses clothing options exist out there to where it wont be EXACT, but I can get her close enough to pass as Fennec with some custom details. The biggest problem is the hair: HT would give us nice sculpted hair, but I will have to style Fennec's complicated braided hair and doll hair is a B**CH to style let me tell you! I hate it! UGH

They will develop none of these female characters, which is stupid and a shame, but there you go. Boba Fresh is gonna need someone perched on the right hand of his throne - which you just know a third party in the Far East is sculpting right this minute. But if we dont get him, she still goes with both Tython Boba and with Mando, so.... I need her.

Bruh. You cant spend all that on these people and leave 'em in their box. This is Not The Way.

But. It annoys me too that I figure that's what Disney is counting on, the short attention span of most of the audience. But as a long-term collector - now apparently never-to-be made Cara is a HOLE in the collection. I mean, I have 2 V1 Mandos. IG on the way. She was supposed to be on the shelf with them.:gah:

A third party may well make this Dune figure - hell, they may make Fennec. If someone makes a Fennec, I will buy her. But I'm not going to wait years to see.

Try not to let all this spoil the show for you. They may even recast, and who knows.... we might even really end up liking the new person.

They will develop none of these female characters, which is stupid and a shame, but there you go.

??? It's Disney. They want to make money. They approved many female figures from the MCU, and also female figures from the Star Wars movies. All have also sold well.

Give Hot Toys time. It's a pandemic. They haven't released any Mandalorian figures that require a head sculpt yet. And if they can put out figures for a Tusken Raider, a Heavy Mando and a Death Watch Mando that only have a couple seconds of screen time each, then they will for sure do a Bo-Katan. Probably even an Armorer. (rip Cara figure)

??? It's Disney. They want to make money. They approved many female figures from the MCU, and also female figures from the Star Wars movies. All have also sold well.

Give Hot Toys time. It's a pandemic. They haven't released any Mandalorian figures that require a head sculpt yet. And if they can put out figures for a Tusken Raider, a Heavy Mando and a Death Watch Mando that only have a couple seconds of screen time each, then they will for sure do a Bo-Katan. Probably even an Armorer. (rip Cara figure)

It is a little concerning just because they have had the time to make a HS for everyone but haven't. The had time to make Moff Gideon so i don't know what they are doing (not that i ever did).

HT releases weird things nobody was expecting (giant venomized deadpool) and not releasing things we were expecting (bespin Han).

Its not Disney I'm worried about, its HT. HT does not like making female figures, at least SW ones. I'm really kind of surprised we have Leia and Rey.

I like people with helmets just fine, but every now and then we need a headsculpt. BUT NO. We get Venomized Deadpool instead, a thing which the Great Unwashed have been clamoring for, forever! OR NOT. Or those stupid Cosbaby things, whose brilliant idea was that.

Where did you read this, or what is this based on? They've made Jyn Erso, several versions of Leia (from both Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy), and Rey. The only major female character they haven't made yet from the movies is Padme - and they only just started making Prequel Trilogy characters (relatively speaking) but have been side-tracked by the Mandalorian... and yes because that is the hot property now we may see Bo-Katan and/or Fennic Shand first.

I'm just asking because I wondered what your source is? After all, you can't use the trooper regurgitation argument, since those require a lot less work and assets from HT - just a repaint and tweak here and there. Whereas a Bo-Katan or Fennic Shand figure would require new head sculpts rather than helmet repaints, etc....? (At least I'm thinking that when they are released they will come with sculpts. But even still, reworking Mandalorian armor for a female figure body would still require more time than repainting a Stormtrooper).

Well they didn't make Cara for one thing. IMO after Mando V1 and Child, she should have been out BEFORE IG-11 for Season 1.
Like the first I saw the Mando V1 was the NYCC vid - and I can't think IG-11 is more complicated than the retooling needed for Cara. I was surprised
that IG-11 was the companion piece, and not Cara. Then they announce Moff Gideon and still no Cara?:pfft:

And I'll be surprised if HT makes Fennec or the Armorer, tho admittedly at this point u can't say the Armorer is a main character. Still, IMO,
she'd be a lot cooler to get at this point than another Stormtrooper.

The way I look at it, I can assemble a Phicen head and body for around $100. I will have to clothe her, true but I can do that at my own time and pace - and pay for it on my own time, bit by bit. Enough basic catsuit-and-harnesses clothing options exist out there to where it wont be EXACT, but I can get her close enough to pass as Fennec with some custom details. The biggest problem is the hair: HT would give us nice sculpted hair, but I will have to style Fennec's complicated braided hair and doll hair is a B**CH to style let me tell you! I hate it! UGH

Really nice find with that head sculpt and I like rooted hair:monkey3. If I can grab that sculpt it'll be fun.:cool:
Yeah, I think a kitbash for Fennec is do-able - am thinking some of the coats on the 'bay, like for SW or other, could be overdyed and reworked into Fennec's tunic.
Guess I had better go pick up that copy of the Art of the Mandalorian.:frank

Meanwhile Beskar Mando is supposedly on the truck for delivery today....:banana

Fennec is in BoBF so I can wait. I hope we get Armorer soon.

IG-11 development is probably different from figures with a human face sculpt and probably takes less time. Either way, HT is probably glad they didn't do a Cara figure now. They might have started and probably wasted some development costs.

They would've had to develop custom arms for a Cara figure (perhaps even a new body type if they didn't want to go the fatsuit route), on top of getting approval for a headsculpt. So I can understand why there might've been a delay there, HT not wanting to put in the added work and expense on a figure maybe no one would want if season 1 wasn't popular.

I agree that a figure for the Armorer would be a good one for them to do next, especially since there's no headsculpt they need to mess around with. She'd sell.

Got mine today and my first thought upon seeing him in person, he's the exact shade of metallic paint, Robocop should have been.

It's a really cool figure, it's loaded with accesories and has great shelf presence with tons of options on how to display it. Glad I own both this and the OG version. Heavy Mando is just around the corner and hoping IG 11 is released soon.

I am unspeakably jealous :lol

If it helps, I will forever hafta live with knowing I could have picked up Jyn Erso, Chirrut Inwe, and Obi-Wan at retail; thought about it, and talked myself out of it.:crying:crying:crying:banghead Evilbay prices are insane and besides u don't know what u might end up with....

I guess there'll be an Obi-Wan for the series and maybe a Clone Wars Obi-Wan; but that's not the same.

Must REALLY suck if u decided to be an SW fan years from now - like, there was a time I could've gotten that SSC Dewback, but nnnnnoooooooo and I'm out of luck unless I have a few thousand to burn:monkey2

I agree that a figure for the Armorer would be a good one for them to do next, especially since there's no headsculpt they need to mess around with. She'd sell.

Yeah, she'd be amazing on the shelf and her costume and accessories would be some great detail. Hope somehow her part gets expanded, or she meets up with Din D'jarin again along with Paz Vizsla. In theory she could be part of the culture clash with Bo-Katan's posse.:cool::lsvader

Where did you read this, or what is this based on? They've made Jyn Erso, several versions of Leia (from both Original Trilogy and Sequel Trilogy), and Rey. The only major female character they haven't made yet from the movies is Padme - and they only just started making Prequel Trilogy characters (relatively speaking) but have been side-tracked by the Mandalorian... and yes because that is the hot property now we may see Bo-Katan and/or Fennic Shand first.

I'm just asking because I wondered what your source is? After all, you can't use the trooper regurgitation argument, since those require a lot less work and assets from HT - just a repaint and tweak here and there. Whereas a Bo-Katan or Fennic Shand figure would require new head sculpts rather than helmet repaints, etc....? (At least I'm thinking that when they are released they will come with sculpts. But even still, reworking Mandalorian armor for a female figure body would still require more time than repainting a Stormtrooper).

Its based on personal observation. Although the point could be made that really, SW has a lot more male characters than female, to be fair. And so it becomes all the more puzzling that we have no Padme. She is needed to pair with Anakin, but NOPE.

I'd take Bo with just a helmet sculpt. I will not bet $1 on her showing up even in that abbreviated form. Koska? To quote Jango: I bet we won't be seeing her again - at least as a figure. [I hope she's in the show next season tho, and I want Wove back, too.]

Setting aside how people may be viewing Carano these days, its worth mentioning that this main character, who has appeared in every episode except for the frog-lady one[?] has not even been teased. I mean, there continually at Mando's side. NOPE. We even got Gideon! who was onscreen muuuuuuuuuuuch less than Dune. WTH?

We got Death Watch Mandalorian [and I love him, dont get me wrong] but we didnt get the Armorer who got a hell of a lot more screen time than he did.

Its not hard to draw the conclusion that HT would just really rather not.

Really nice find with that head sculpt and I like rooted hair:monkey3. If I can grab that sculpt it'll be fun.:cool:
Yeah, I think a kitbash for Fennec is do-able - am thinking some of the coats on the 'bay, like for SW or other, could be overdyed and reworked into Fennec's tunic.
Guess I had better go pick up that copy of the Art of the Mandalorian.:frank

Meanwhile Beskar Mando is supposedly on the truck for delivery today....:banana

This head sculpt is in the Suntan skintone, so keep that in mind if you go this route and buy a body:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-YMTOYS...673351?hash=item261a665d07:g:p5kAAOSw89lctTtE

I dont want the body with the ginormous boobs, so this looks like a good fit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JIAOU-DOLL...4cabb886d0d6f8aa0edb|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524

I am extremely amused by the repeated warnings in the description that this is not a thing you can actually.... well. REALLY lol

And I was thinking this costume might be a good foundation to start with:

s-l500.jpg

And there's boots out there that would work... Hmmm.

Have fun with Beskar Mando!

This head sculpt is in the Suntan skintone, so keep that in mind if you go this route and buy a body:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6-YMTOYS...673351?hash=item261a665d07:g:p5kAAOSw89lctTtE

I dont want the body with the ginormous boobs, so this looks like a good fit....

I am extremely amused by the repeated warnings in the description that this is not a thing you can actually.... well. REALLY lol

And I was thinking this costume might be a good foundation to start with:

View attachment 506225

And there's boots out there that would work... Hmmm.

Have fun with Beskar Mando!

Awesome thanx so much:)! Esp. the skin tone - have a couple of sculpts - including the elf one - that am not sure which color body to get. It's a real pain in the %$# trying to figure that out. Love that sculpt for Fennec (and the long rooted hair:wink1:). Pretty sure this is the same company that did my female elf sculpt - and it's a beautiful head (I plan to make a random elf to go with my ASMUS Thranduil).

LOL the warnings - yep, when I am looking for accessories I come across all kinds of stuff:monkey3:horror. I guess if I were doing a Lucifer TV show diorama a few of 'em might be useful.:lol I gotta wonder tho if the people making and shipping some of this stuff are rolling around laughing, or it's just business as usual.:cool:

Season 3 will not be out until early 2022 and this will be mostly forgotten about by then.

Nope. People into Star Wars remember miniscule details that fans of other franchises don't give a damn about. They aren't going to just forget something like this.
e114280acb731629154b3eedc788b49d.jpg
759adb2e7bed8730e7f7f620e7e3e8d3.jpg
c38ca8f7f48c119f0ddc8009667ce697.gif

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Back