1/6 Hot Toys - TMS 021 - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - The Clone Wars: Ahsoka Tano Collectible Figure

It was indeed a big surprise though, people were mostly expecting CW Obiwan next in the line...
118324328_192155595607400_9117779401147944969_n.jpg

I see your point, but I also find it extremely puzzling that we all get into such heated debates over the accuracy of figures but when it comes to the Clone Wars figures a vast majority seem happy to throw that out the window. I get that it's not as clear cut but still. I wonder how many are actually fans of The Clone Wars series and how many are just adding cause Star Wars and "it needs to fit with ma PT/OT figs".

Not implying this is you Asta either.

I totally understand where you're coming from.

For myself I'm not a fan of the series as such, nor of the PT period in general. I started watching The Clone Wars initially because I liked the art work and the immersive scenery, and continued to watch the entire series, even though much of the story relating to the clones themselves and their battles was pretty tedious.

The OT era will always be my core interest and source for nostalgia, and more generally the period covering the active lifetime of Han Solo. So Solo and The Mandalarian became natural extensions, just as the early expanded universe filled that role on paper. (I'm not counting the Sequel Trilogy since Han's expanded universe was a far better interpretation of the future).

Nice looking figure, but I'll wait for the inevitable version from The Mandalorian.

Re: Hot Toys Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Ahsoka Tano TMS021

This came out of nowhere. She actually looks great?? Also please Hot Toys, I don't need another Maul but I'm not gonna pass either. I prefer seamless arms, even if it affects posing. I don't like seeing ugly joints.

First figure in ages that I really want.

The arms will be scary to look after, but this would have loads of shelf presence.

The more I look at the gallery, the more I like it. She is the CW to me as much as Rex and the 501st. HT has come up with an interesting solution of how to render an animated character and have it display well with other SW figures. The shot with the ROTS Anakin illustrates this really well.

I'm sold...looking forward to the PO...

Absolutely gorgeous. Hot Toys has done something I didn?t know they might be able to pull off. It?s obviously the realistic style, but it looks just like the animation. They translated her perfectly. What a stunning figure.

Am I the only person bothered with those rubber arms ? I don't care about exposed joints as a matter of fact, like the recent Endor Leia.

Typically I would be but in this case, she?s going to be in a straight armed pose for me so I?m ok with it. Definitely won?t be bending them much at all though...ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if we are getting this, perhaps there is hope for Cara Dune after all.

This is a nice-looking figure.

I assume they reused the black widow body for this whereas Cara will need an all new body, or it won?t look right. Still hopeful we see her during season 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of my grails, definitely going to PO her today!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Glad HT is releasing this figure. One of my favorites from the show. Day 1 PO for me. Now the long wait.

We all know Clone Wars kenobi will be the baze of this line. I am half kidding.

Not really. Anakin, Rex and Ahsoka are the Kirk, Spock and Bones of the Clone Wars. Obi-wan (as cool as he is in TCW) is Sulu. Great to have the whole gang, but not the core of the series.

:panic::yess::yess::yess:

Instant PO from me but....

• The face is a little older looking than it should be, and why oh why did they not give her a smirk. A smirk is perfect for Ahsoka and is also a little open mouthed which Hot Toys loves (I note the one they did give us is open mouthed)
  • They could have given her slightly larger eyes, yes I know this is realistic but she's an alien, she can have bigger eyes without breaking the universe
  • Missed opportunity to include another 332 trooper helmet, or Jesse 501st and a stick to sit it on
  • Missed opportunity to include more dynamically posed swap out lekku and montrails
  • I am totally fine with the rubber arms. She has great straight arm saber poses and my environment is one where I haven't experienced rubber deterioration (feel bad for those more humidly based collectors)
  • Generally I don't much care for electronics but twin light up sabers and light up features for the sides of her headdress would have been great (noting Hot Toys would have found a way to ruin such electronics and make them as close to useless aspossible

While I do think they could have given her slightly larger eyes and a more angled face and it would have still fited the "real life" aesthetic, I am struck that this face seems very much to be based off Ahsley and not Rossario. And for that I am happy :clap. I don't have a problem with Rossario, I'm actually a fan of a lot of her work and am sure she will do a great job, but I love Ashley getting the recognition for this version.

You summarized my thoughts.

They?ve managed to make this look both like the animated Ahsoka and a young Rosario at the same time. Added to the seamless arms, this is the perfect Ahsoka.

Are people seriously moaning about this? Hahaha. I bet half the people who complain about the arms are the same people who moaned about the exposed joints on Endor Leia.

Back