Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to the previous about detail and paint. I don't want the a too glossy finish and as I remember there isn't too much detail to be having...

1989 Batmobile didn't have a glossy finish... the Batman Returns Batmobile did though.

I honestly wouldn't care if it was the Returns or original batmobile, i just want one!!! (glossy finish would show up fingerprints more though....)

Are there any information when the Batmobile will be released? Can anyone of you conceive what price will be set?

I honestly wouldn't care if it was the Returns or original batmobile, i just want one!!! (glossy finish would show up fingerprints more though....)

The returns version (and I'm pretty sure HT has got the license already) will prolly look similar like the 89 batmobile, might even do this:

missilewv.jpg

Pretty sure by then most people would try to unload their then obsolete v1 Burton Batmobile for the the v2 Returns version :lol

The returns version (and I'm pretty sure HT has got the license already) will prolly look similar like the 89 batmobile, might even do this:

missilewv.jpg

Pretty sure by then most people would try to unload their then obsolete v1 Burton Batmobile for the the v2 Returns version :lol

You're kidding right? No way HT would make a functional Batmobile-to-Batmissle vehicle. I think it is more likely that they release a Returns glossy-paint Batmobile with and entirely separate Batmissle....just like the Tumbler and Batpod.

Agreed, the Missle would be a stand alone vehicle IF it happened. an '89 Batmobile is all that needs to be done.

Definitely will buy this beautiful beast. Anybody know about the price tag yet?

You're kidding right? No way HT would make a functional Batmobile-to-Batmissle vehicle. I think it is more likely that they release a Returns glossy-paint Batmobile with and entirely separate Batmissle....just like the Tumbler and Batpod.

The 90s Kenner could do it, so it wouldnt surprise me if HT could do it.

The thing with batpod and tumbler is that theres just too many components and parts to make it a 2 in 1 package (that would mean a ejectable and rotatable wheels and steering gears inside the tumbler), whereas the Burton Batmobile is much simpler; as you can see from the kenner version; three separate-able main parts, and adjustable wheels.

All HT need to make it into 1/6 scale, and add some paint up details.

The thing with batpod and tumbler is that theres just too many components and parts to make it a 2 in 1 package (that would mean a ejectable and rotatable wheels and steering gears inside the tumbler), whereas the Burton Batmobile is much simpler; as you can see from the kenner version; three separate-able main parts, and adjustable wheels.

I don't think it's so much a question of could they do it, as it is would they do it. To do a Batmobile to Batmissile conversion collectible, you'd have to add unnecessary seams and detach/reattach functions, which could screw with the overall aesthetics of the piece. IMO, it's better to have just the 89 Batmobile, and if they were to release it, a separate Batmissile.

When we were kids watching the 89 movie, I bet none of us could imagine in our wild dreams that over 20 years later, that this incredible toy would be a REALITY. Just amazing!

Unfortunately, for me....it's just too big. I live in a tiny room in Japan. This thing would literally take up half my room...it would have to share the floor with me and there's a danger I could roll onto it in my sleep.

I just took my first expensive plunge into 1/6 toys with my other dream franchise, AKIRA. So now Kaneda and his Bike and Tetsuo pretty much monopolize what little space I have.

But oh man...it would be so sweet...I initially dreamed of having Batman and his ride and the Joker....but alas, it simply can't be. And I think I can live with that. And without the Joker. But damn it....I do believe I'm gonna have to take the plunge on that Michael Keaton figure.

I thought the original 1/18th Hot Wheels was pretty awesome. I just wish it had a figure and a cocoon cover. It's in storage now somewhere at my folks' place. I guess I can find it and display it with the Batman figure right? No, that would just look too weird.

I love the freaking detail on the 1/6th stuff....but they are just too BIG! Instead of paying $200, I'd gladly pay $75 for a 6 inch figure with the same amount of detail....cause they take up less room!

Anyway...sorry for the rant. And congrats to all of you that will actually OWN this beast someday soon....I'll just have to look at your pics and SIIIIIGH.

The Batmissle thing would be feasible for HT... the Tumbler and Batpod on the other-hand would be much more complicated to do.

I have the Kenner version and it is a lot simpler than you describe--the wheels don't adjust from the Batmobile to the Batmissile like in the movie, the Batmobile's wheels are completely separate than the Batmissile's wheels.

I agree, on the surface a Batmobile to Batmissile is a simpler model to make than a Tumbler to Batpod, but you would have to sacrifice too much screen accuracy to make it practical for HT to do it. On the wide spectrum between play-ability and accuracy, Kenner's objective was to lean toward playability, while HT's motive is to strive for accuracy. Despite the name, Hot Toys aren't toys in the same sense that Kenner's are, you're not meant repeatedly split and reassemble a several hundred dollar model at the push of a button. For it to be accurate, a lot of parts would be affected, and there would be a lot of wear and tear on those parts a lot faster than the Kenner version, which was greatly simplified and built to be durable enough for repeated child's play.

I don't think it's so much a question of could they do it, as it is would they do it. To do a Batmobile to Batmissile conversion collectible, you'd have to add unnecessary seams and detach/reattach functions, which could screw with the overall aesthetics of the piece. IMO, it's better to have just the 89 Batmobile, and if they were to release it, a separate Batmissile.

That's what I am thinking to. The Kenner toy was an action vehicle. You press that button on the roof and the sides spring off, kinda mimicking the action in the movie so that kids could re-create the scene. There's no way HT would make an "action" version like that, and even if it was a kit that you had to slowly reconfigure by hand to switch between vehicles, the Batmobile mode would look really ugly with all of those seams everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back