Hot Toys Tim Burton Batmobile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really dont believe any company that says they lost money unless they close their doors. Who knows how long 89 Batman has been in the works. They could have said they lost money on the Crumbler knowing that there was a HUGE chance that the 89 mobile would be coming out, and it gives them a reason to jack the price up.

Actually I think the Tumbler sold for $350. But the Tumbler is a very complex item with countless pieces that would make it both expensive to mold and assemble. The '89 Batmobile is a brick on wheels. Even factoring in increased labor and material costs, Hot Toys should be able to sell the '89 Batmobile for $400 and still turn a profit.

Do your research, MSRP was $499.99, but the pre-orders could be bought for closer to $350-400. :lecture We all know what happened to the price after the Tumbler was released.

That was never the MSRP, but you could find some websites that offered a 33-35% discount since it was available through Diamond. That brought the price down closer to $350.

:exactly:
Trouble is HT prices have been going up and I don't see why there will be any exception for the Burton-mobile. :(

While I agree that the '89 Batmobile is probably easier to manufacture than the Tumbler I wouldn't call it just a "brick on wheels". The Tumbler does have more panels and production parts but the '89 Batmobile isn't a walk in the park either.

I don't know, assembly wise it might be even. Has anyone seen the interior cockpit for the Batmobile? It's about as detailed as it gets with the steering wheel, dashboard instruments, etc. If I remember correctly the Tumbler wasn't as elaborate. It has a few green screen stickers and a couple of red buttons. I seem to recall complaints about the back wall of the interior having exposed wires and such. The most intricate thing in the cockpit are the seats and control yokes. Now compare that to the Batmobile interior and the difference is mind blowing. The hubcaps with the Bat insignia are also more elaborate on the Batmobile and the body of the vehicle is also much longer.

I'd say production wise they're about even. The Tumbler has one hell of a complicated exterior to manufacture with all the different parts/panels and rear. The Batmobile on the other hand has a fully detailed cockpit that could easily get botched in production.

If the rumors are true and the pop up machine guns are included then yeah, I'd say both vehicles are about even as far production goes.
The interior is one piece of plastic with a steering wheel stuck to it. It's detailed, but it's a single sculpted piece.

I'm probably getting the car and putting my Billiken figures next to it. If it is indeed $800 MSRP, I'll be passing on the entire '89 line.

HT needs to quit looking at ebay and start acting responsibly as a company. Anything over $500 for a plastic car is simply confiscatory.

Nice to see you again Professor! :)

I'm probably getting the car and putting my Billiken figures next to it. If it is indeed $800 MSRP, I'll be passing on the entire '89 line.

HT needs to quit looking at ebay and start acting responsibly as a company. Anything over $500 for a plastic car is simply confiscatory.

:clap I agree 100%! Now give me that high five:hi5: LOL

$199 or no buy HT!!!

You people are weak! If only there were more strong people like me, HT prices would be fair.

Usually, the "take it or leave it" attitude doesn't go well with customers, but you guys let HT have your balls!

Agreed, I can't believe some people are willing to pay some of these crazy prices. You guys are insane :lol

Haven't you guys been reading the threads on 'legendary scale' figures - $2000.

The Hot Toys Batmobile is a bargain at only $750 (or whatever) :D

Relative cheapness! Use it to convince yourself!

You tell'em Prof'! Anyway where did someone hear this rumor about this $800 MSRP?

Bail.
I love Batman, I have since I was a young kid. I pre-ordered the figures the minute they went up on PO at SSC. But after really thinking about it I've just come to the decision to pass on the whole '89 line. I just can't justify spending that much on figures. I'll enjoy them from a far come March. :wave

Why not just own one figure? You don't necessarily have to collect the whole line.

It's in this thread somewhere. Someone saw an ad with the price in Yens I think.

$800 is roughly 60,000 yen! But things are not sold like that, you can't just convert yen to dollar and sell it at that rate. If it's 60,000 yen in Japan (I haven't seen the japanese listing, just using it as a reference), it'll probably be more like $600 US. Which is still asinine.

Why not just own one figure? You don't necessarily have to collect the whole line.

I did actually consider that. But Just don't want to spend that much on either. It's way out of my price range...and it looks like slowly but surely all Hot Toys figures will be out of my price range. I'd rather spend the money somewhere else. So I'm bailing. :wave

$800 is roughly 60,000 yen! But things are not sold like that, you can't just convert yen to dollar and sell it at that rate. If it's 60,000 yen in Japan (I haven't seen the japanese listing, just using it as a reference), it'll probably be more like $600 US. Which is still asinine.

Again, hopefully it is no more than $500 for this bad boy for the pre-orders.

...and it looks like slowly but surely all Hot Toys figures will be out of my price range.

I'm not that far behind you. After Reeve Superman, the '89 Batmobile, Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker and maybe a few others (TDKR, Robocop, Terminator?) I'm going to have to call it quits.

One, I've got too much stuff and two it's just getting way too expensive.

I've got to get these Batman '89 figures though. They've been on my wish list for years. I never thought the likes of a Reeve Superman or Keaton Batman would ever be made by a 1/6 company, let alone Nicholson Joker. Now they're here. If I pass, I'd definitely regret it. I'd rather pay a high retail price and regret owning them then not buying them, have the secondary prices rise to even more ridiculous heights and regret NOT owning them.

I'm not that far behind you. After Reeve Superman, the '89 Batmobile, Keaton Batman, Nicholson Joker and maybe a few others (TDKR, Robocop, Terminator?) I'm going to have to call it quits.

I've got to get these Batman '89 figures though. They've been on my wish list for years. I never thought the likes of a Reeve Superman or Keaton Batman would ever be made by a 1/6 company, let alone Nicholson Joker. Now they're here. If I pass, I'd definitely regret it. I'd rather pay a high retail price and regret owning them then not buying them, have the secondary prices rise to even more ridiculous heights and regret NOT owning them.

I feel you on that. I KNOW I'll regret it, but that wouldn't be the first figure I've let pass me up. I just can't afford it. I'd rather pu the money into PF figures or start getting into prop replicas.
Plus, like you mentioned...TDKR. :D

Same here, in the same boat.

I will be content with 89 Batman, Avengers and TDKR on my shelf, Indy was not meant to be I guess.

89 car a must though, once in a lifetime deal.

After all this though, purchases will take serious thought.

It would probably involve more 89 Batman, Avengers and TDKR releases :lol

I'm definately not in this for quantity, it's all about owning must own licenses.

I thought the Japanese paid higher prices for HT than the rest of the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back