Hot Toys - THOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think rather than Destroyer we'd get a Loki figure considering he will be the big bad. But I agree that it will all depend on the success of the film.

Similar with Captain America. I doubt we will get a Bucky figure but a Red Skull figure is likely.

I would say probably someplace in the $140-160 price range as his outfit has more going on than Spidey, hands, Mjöllnir, helm, and I know we haven't seen it yet but I would guess a sculpt with helmet on already.

I bet we see Loki. We may just see Thor but I would venture Loki is a good bet.

I hate the way they made Thor's hair for the movie...that and the boots yuck. Oh well. I doubt HT would make any more than just the Thor figure and maybe Loki or Destroyer. As well as the Iron man movies did they really only made Iron man, Black widow, whiplash and War machine, I can't see Thor making more money but ya never know.

I love how we spend time ranking the strength of fictional characters then take it for gospel. :lol

lol true...personally could care less,but just quoting what Wizard quoted as the top 10 Strongest superheroes...they are all fallen gods to me

I know. We all do it. I guarantee if you start a thread asking which hero is the strongest and put Wizard's top ten as the options you'll get alot of people with alot of different opinions and they'll be able to cite comic book instances as evidence. :lol

I think rather than Destroyer we'd get a Loki figure considering he will be the big bad. But I agree that it will all depend on the success of the film.

Similar with Captain America. I doubt we will get a Bucky figure but a Red Skull figure is likely.

Thats what I think too, we are more likely to get Loki before we get a Destroyer.

The Destroyer armour doesn't really open up much in term of a HT collectable. It's very basic. Sure it'd look brilliant, but due to it's part in the film being a way for Thor to earn Mjolner back (my theory) it's not a huge character, if you'd even describe it as a character considering it's more of just an armour.

Where as Loki would have, like Thor a removable helm, spear of Odin and probably another weapon.

Then we have the lesser characters of the film that may play an important role but not as much as Thor/Loki.

We have Odin, Sif, Fandral, Volstagg and Hogan. But really they'd offer the exact same accessory options as Thor and Loki. Therefore I think that unless Hot Toys want to milk the franchise like Iron Man we won't be getting the lesser characters because they are all too similar for a film that's success is yet to be determined.

I know. We all do it. I guarantee if you start a thread asking which hero is the strongest and put Wizard's top ten as the options you'll get alot of people with alot of different opinions and they'll be able to cite comic book instances as evidence. :lol

But Batman could beat them all . . . with enough prep time! :rotfl

Agree that Loki is the most likely companion figure, at first. I could see a Hopkins Odin, though. And would love to see what a badass Destroyer HT could pull off, although as a newtype figure, he'd be expensive!

If this is anything like Ironman they will make it for all its worth. I think we could easily see Thor,Loki,Odin, the 3 guardians and maybe even Destroyer. There isn't many looks for Thor like Ironman so they will bring in the other characters is my guess, and I'm down for all of them! There at least interesting looking with the armor and weapons.

Totally agree Matt13.

Back in the ancient days of 2008, a lot of folks thought the Iron Man film would take a backseat to other top-tier heroes and perform modestly.

The point is, once a semi-obscure character gets a movie, he can blow up and challenge 'ol Webhead himself in popularity. If Thor performs more like Iron Man as opposed to Watchmen, then we'll see more figs.

How big would a Destroyer have to be to be in scale? It looks bigger than Iron Monger in the trailer.

Sif would be a great figure if they get her likeness right, she is beautiful.

every time i look at the pictures, i find something else i love about this guy.

Just noticed he's got what look like Ezio- style two-part boots for improved ankle articulation.

How big would a Destroyer have to be to be in scale? It looks bigger than Iron Monger in the trailer.

Impossible to say at this point. He's (It's) taller than Thor in the comics, so around Berserker Predator size, at least.

I really love this figure also, but I think they should give a second head with an expression that would be better for fighting poses.
The best would be to get two head scults with two removable hair styles. One for the helmet and normal one... No finally, a third one with hair in motion would be perfect !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back