Hot Toys - THOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember HT nbr one priority is the Asian market therefore, IMO we are lucky to get Thor. I am in a western culture and beyond Thor, Odin, Loki and Enchantress the characters are rather foreign to me...:(

After years of shoving Pokemon and anime down our throats you guys owe us.:nana:

:wink1:

There's potential for a broad line in successs. Sif heimdall warriors 3 destroyer frost giants etc.

So, what price could we be looking at for this?

Due to the small amount of accessories and likeness of a near unknown actor, I'm guessing around $130.

Due to the small amount of accessories and likeness of a near unknown actor, I'm guessing around $130.
Given the recent trend in Hot Toys pricing I wouldn't be surprised if the asking price was $189.

Be careful how much praise you give new items... You never know- HT 'people' just might read this forum, and set their price point based partially on the fanboy response found here.
So many people screaming 'Instant buy!' might encourage them to charge whatever they wish, because they've seen proof that people will pay it ahead of time...

Remember HT nbr one priority is the Asian market therefore, IMO we are lucky to get Thor. I am in a western culture and beyond Thor, Odin, Loki and Enchantress the characters are rather foreign to me...:(

Characters and names from Norse mythology are popular in Asian-made games like the hugely successful Final Fantasy series. While the specific characters from Marvel's Thor might not be well known in Asian culture, the names Odin, Loki, etc etc are.

Doesn't guarantee the success of the Thor movie or merch though haha.

Thor has always been stronger than the Hulk...he is even stronger than Superman...Wizard ranked them 1.Silver Surfer 2.Thor
3.Superman 10. Hulk

Thor has always been stronger than the Hulk...he is even stronger than Superman...Wizard ranked them 1.Silver Surfer 2.Thor
3.Superman 10. Hulk

082109_1009_RobotChicke1.jpg
:lecture

I love how we spend time ranking the strength of fictional characters then take it for gospel. :lol

Although I hate to admit it, Charles Barkley is stronger than Godzilla. There is video evidence.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/1oCF-QFuoYs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/1oCF-QFuoYs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Given the recent trend in Hot Toys pricing I wouldn't be surprised if the asking price was $189.

I'm predicting a pricepoint right near Spidey's. Probably $139.99. Spider-Man is a surefire seller and has the roofbase alternative. So far we've seen nothing but hands and realistically looking at the character and figure what else could they add?

I would also bank on just Thor, maybe The Destroyer as it'd be right up HT alley with the Iron Man style plastic body and light up functions. Past that for Loki, Odin, etc it'll seriously depend on how the movie does both in the US and abroad and the toy sales. I would think they'd have designs at the ready but I doubt anything gets greenlit until results are shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back