Hot Toys- The Watchmen, Silk Spectre 'Official' Spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had my Hot Toys Silk Spectire for about a month now, but just finally got her out of the box a few days ago. I'm a huge Hot Toys fan, but Ms. Jupiter is a miss for me, the first from them in a long time. She's not awful by any definition, but considering the cost and the lack of accessories, other factors had to be perfect. The sculpt and paint are, but the rest is weak.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And don't forget that the People's Picks are wrapping up! The ballot will be closing tomorrow morning, so get your votes in for the best collectibles of 2009. I'll have my picks for best and worst up on Sunday night, and maybe...maybe I'll have the Poppies and People's Picks results as well.

https://www.mwctoys.com/poppies_peoplespicks_2009.htm

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

I am disappointed in this line. I was on the fence whether to get Silk and Comedian but it seems like HT thru in the towel on this lineup thus far. It appears they are an easy pass. :confused:

I really still think their best female headsculpt is Elizabeth Swann. This one is nice though.

The sculpt is great, but the hair ruins it for me- it should have been rooted, like Silk Spectre's.It looks like she's got a helmet on her head if you look at it dead on.

I should be sending my review in tomorrow, this is an interesting one as I actually disagree with a lot on this one. We're pretty level pegging with the sculpt and paint (how could we not be).
But I had no issue with the hands (luckily) I swapped mine out plenty of times with no problem.
But my biggets difference will be on the box... I love it, great bit of striking graphic design as far as I'm concerned, and I love how HT are defining each license with it's own aesthetic these days.

Still, that's reviews, be no point if we agreed on everything!

box1A.jpg

box1C.jpg

box1-1.jpg

innerboxback.jpg

withstuff.jpg

sits3.jpg

sits1.jpg

pose2-4.jpg

kick1.jpg

pose1-4.jpg

I should be sending my review in tomorrow, this is an interesting one as I actually disagree with a lot on this one. We're pretty level pegging with the sculpt and paint (how could we not be).
But I had no issue with the hands (luckily) I swapped mine out plenty of times with no problem.
But my biggets difference will be on the box... I love it, great bit of striking graphic design as far as I'm concerned, and I love how HT are defining each license with it's own aesthetic these days.

withstuff.jpg

sits3.jpg

Those are some great pictures Wookster!!! :rock :rock :rock

The 2 pics that I've quoted are my favorite pics of this figure I've seen and the only pics that made me feel a little bit of regret of cancelling this figure.

I'm looking forward to your review!!

Wookster,Bro thanks for share this great pictures, my figure coming this Friday 29.:banana

GREAT! pics. Thanks. I have to say I really like this figure.I know opinions are spilt but it looks great on display. It will look even better next to my Comedian when he arrives!

;)

The sculpt is great, but the hair ruins it for me- it should have been rooted, like Silk Spectre's.It looks like she's got a helmet on her head if you look at it dead on.

Yeah the hair is a bit too clumpy looking, like someone stuck clay on her head. Some extra strands would have helped. But I still think the facial sculpt itself is Hot Toys' best. I think Keira Knightly is one of the toughest faces to nail, and they did it perfectly.

I am disappointed in this line. I was on the fence whether to get Silk and Comedian but it seems like HT thru in the towel on this lineup thus far.

I can understand it looks as if HT haven't yet gone to Watchmen with as much gusto as their other hot properties, but I thought that the Comedian really looks like one of HTs better figures. You...aren't so keen?

This is an interesting one as I actually disagree with a lot on this one. We're pretty level pegging with the sculpt and paint (how could we not be).

I'd be interested to read that. I have to say, I didn't disagree with anything that Mike said, only I felt aware there was a perceptible difference between a failing and inherent limitation.
Either way, it was a tough cookie for HTs to undertake at any length.

I really like the box and graphics too. Obviously I think Mike was more concerned about the flimsyness and things...
That's a killer pose you got right going right there.

I really like the box and graphics too. Obviously I think Mike was more concerned about the flimsyness and things...
That's a killer pose you got right going right there.

Cheers, I was mimicking the teaser poster design-

silk-spectre.jpg

I think that HT should have used rubber clothes. This was a ballsy costume to use real cloth and not sculpt it. If they would have gone with a sculpted rubber ie Dark Knight suit I think the figure could have been a lot more succesful. The lines would have been cleaner and more fitting which would have been a lot more flattering for this character. The real costume was latex not vinyl which is close to the rubber they have used before. As artists we take risks and some are dynamite and others fall flat. Kudos to HT for taking a chance and giving it a try but not the home run it would have been nice to see.

I think that HT should have used rubber clothes. This was a ballsy costume to use real cloth and not sculpt it. If they would have gone with a sculpted rubber ie Dark Knight suit I think the figure could have been a lot more succesful. The lines would have been cleaner and more fitting which would have been a lot more flattering for this character. The real costume was latex not vinyl which is close to the rubber they have used before. As artists we take risks and some are dynamite and others fall flat. Kudos to HT for taking a chance and giving it a try but not the home run it would have been nice to see.

An interesting idea. I think they would have had to slim down the underlying body parts to avoid bulkiness. Also I wonder if they could have mimicked the high sheen as well as they have with the material.

Back