1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
your idea? :lol
it's an encyclopedic fact.
HT vision of european faces: round head, flat short face , eyes too close.
the further the original is from that vision, the worse HT head looks. and Schwarzenegger is very far from it.

the only reason for 238 heads (both!) is that stupid dim-out scheme in light-up feature. the scheme needs more space than just a LED and a resistance. nobody needs that feature, it doesn't allow to make a good photo with an eye lit up, it expands the bobblehead even wider - but nooo, HT knows better.

Totally agree the light up eye feature is not needed, I wish they had ditched it & worked on the sculpt more.

I wonder how their 1/4 scale fig would of looked? The proto was promising.
lgjA0En.jpg

Probably the only fig in 1/4 I would of got.

I'm not convinced there ever was a 'proto' for that - I mean that pic always just looked like the MMS117 T2 head with Gargoyles on it. What arseholes though, to tease us with that and never speak of it again.

Troed something else for today: Recreating the T1 poster for a little challenge in FB group "Sixth Scale Photography.

View attachment 344871

That's pretty good. Although you did your best, I still can't help but notice how soft his features are. Such a shame, that figure should of been as good as MMS136 but it's no where near that level. Even with the incorrect hairstyle, 136 is still my favorite Arnie to date.

I'm not convinced there ever was a 'proto' for that - I mean that pic always just looked like the MMS117 T2 head with Gargoyles on it. What arseholes though, to tease us with that and never speak of it again.

It's happening! I know that HT doesn't care about anniversaries, but the 35th anniversary is coming up in a couple of years. I'm betting they'll have it for that. Or maybe the 40th anniversary........for sure the 50th.........oh, who the hell am I kidding, never happening!:gah:

Totally agree the light up eye feature is not needed, I wish they had ditched it & worked on the sculpt more.
hey! i didn't say the light up feature is not needed. only the light-off feature is dumb. light-up is essential.

I want to swap the bloody gray t-shirt for an accurate clean one(non-bloody)

Any suggestions besides turning it inside our?

I want to swap the bloody gray t-shirt for an accurate clean one(non-bloody)

This is the only vest with that pattern on it. Furthermore it needs be sleeveless where anything else you can get is a T-shirt.

What you can do though is make him wear it back to front and use rubbing alcohol to mostly get rid of the blood stains. I just took a look at mine to remind myself and you can only see the faintest off-colour where the blood used to be. It's passable.

Really sucked that Hot Toys provided no alternate clothes with this figure though.

They're pretty durable so I wouldn't worry too much about it. It's amazing how far seamless bodies have come- one would have shuddered to get one 5 years ago.

One of my phicen chick figs cracked around the elbow and knee (had her sitting cross legged). it was one of the 2nd version with the steel skeleton, so perhaps the rubber compound used was a bit different from the latter iterations. No issues with any others. but it was odd as her arm was not bent at an extreme angle nor was her knee.

One of my phicen chick figs cracked around the elbow and knee (had her sitting cross legged). it was one of the 2nd version with the steel skeleton, so perhaps the rubber compound used was a bit different from the latter iterations. No issues with any others. but it was odd as her arm was not bent at an extreme angle nor was her knee.

Sorry to hear that. Was it the first ever steel skeleton release? I'm lucky to not have issues with mine, I think I have about 4-5 of the newer bodies.

Since you're talking about Phicen bodies what would be a good one for Sarah Connor? I want to sometime replace the bodies for my T2 Sarah's because the stock bodies are wobbly as **** at the knees and the alternate body I'm using for my shotgun-wielding Steel Mill Sarah is very dated with ugly joints and shiny plastic.

Since you're talking about Phicen bodies what would be a good one for Sarah Connor? I want to sometime replace the bodies for my T2 Sarah's because the stock bodies are wobbly as **** at the knees and the alternate body I'm using for my shotgun-wielding Steel Mill Sarah is very dated with ugly joints and shiny plastic.

Phicen doesn't really have an appropriate body for T2 Sarah. The closest thing would be the original steel skeleton. That's the one I used for my custom Cameron. It is the slimmest and has the smallest bust size. They are releasing a new athletic build female in July, S23B. (Phicen goes by TBLeague again.) Super great muscle tone. Bust size is a little big for Sarah, but it could work. Too bad you end up covering all the muscles. I actually used Jiaoudol bodies for my T1 Sarahs.

Phicen doesn't really have an appropriate body for T2 Sarah. The closest thing would be the original steel skeleton. That's the one I used for my custom Cameron. It is the slimmest and has the smallest bust size. They are releasing a new athletic build female in July, S23B. (Phicen goes by TBLeague again.) Super great muscle tone. Bust size is a little big for Sarah, but it could work. Too bad you end up covering all the muscles. I actually used Jiaoudol bodies for my T1 Sarahs.

I'm using the S17b for my Cameron because it has the smallest bust, and they finally fixed the ugly broad shoulders on the previous bodies. I don't think there's a perfect body for Sarah Connor unfortunately.

33027898794_08ac67473c_c.jpg

I'm using the S17b for my Cameron because it has the smallest bust, and they finally fixed the ugly broad shoulders on the previous bodies. I don't think there's a perfect body for Sarah Connor unfortunately.

33027898794_08ac67473c_c.jpg

wow. not only a face looking well painted but also real hair. would love to see better photos of the face.

Back