1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These shots are incredible, well done! :clap

Thank you sir!

Yeah, this is the one which struck me as a virtual screen grab. Kudos to A-Dev and the sculptor for pulling it off. :clap

Pic by A-Dev

And Congrats to you, Mr. Bond. :yess:

Cheers. You sold me my Pescadero Sarah Connor if memory serves (you originally owned it as a Sideshow figure - I transferred the outfit onto the Hot Toys Sarah)

Was finally able to toy with mine today. Fast futz.

Out-of-Box vs. After Futz -- after includes neck mod (widening), t-shirt stretch, and crotch adjustment to fix pants tweak...

View attachment 143557

There's still that weird bulging upper thigh yet pitched waist that gives him almost female shape -- thinking about stuffing there to widen the hips.

I think it's that pinched waist that Rorywan was seeing making him look like he had 'thunder' thighs. But I think shrinking his legs is a mistake to be honest, your suggestion of padding out the waist is IMO probably the better idea. I may add this mod. Pretty simple, probably some bubblewrap would suffice without being anything permanent.

Damn, very very nice. About as close to this as we've seen IMO.

XD0xXHX.jpg

I believe I see what you did there :lol

Oh and yes that screengrab (or a split-second time difference on) was exactly what I had in mind for that shot of mine. You can see though that the vest, even stretched, still doesn't quite cut it. It's too small, simple as. Stretching it eliminated all of it's body-hugging attributes - man boob contour gone, no creases or folds below that......the vest is a big disappointment for me. To finally get the sleeveless aspect, to finally get the pattern - only for it to be permanently BDed and too small overall. Frustrating.

Does anybody have comparisons pics of HT's AR-18 and Aoshima's AR-18? I would like to see the size difference.

Well, they stick out in some shots but not really in others, like the one screengrab Kara posted above. Its the collar that sticks up on the back moreso than the lapels

True but by unstitching them they can still lay flat on his chest even with the colar flipped I was going to put a wire but found that I could achieve any position I wanted without it.

It also made the jacket look less awkward in the shoulders and fit him better overall by unstitching.

I would have loved to do this, but the lapel on one side was glued down on mine.

Glued really? That's odd because mine didn't have any glue on any of the four corners, just a thin thread that was easily sliced by an x acto, leaving a tiny hole where the thread was that was gently massaged to be nearly invisible.

I'm ashamed of myself. I did exactly what I said I wouldn't and I took part in some auctions for parts on ebay. Didn't work out great. Was going for 4 bits, I put in some high ****ing bids, well above what the current bid was at when there was 'less than a minute remaining'. And I still ****ing lost 2 of them. These guys are vicious on there. And the 2 parts that I won went up pretty much all the way so I've essentially paid my 'worst case' scenario on them. I think I'd prefer to have lost them all. Disgusted.

Well it's done. Technically I will now have enough to make up my 'motel attack' figure if I were to settle for older pants (either MMS136 or MMS02) and the MMS02 vest but knowing me I won't be content with those. So I'll still be looking for the pants and the vest.

I'm an impatient man. I'll probably miss the next Toy Anxiety breakdown (again) and I just want to get my Terminator-bashing done and finished. Serious first world problem.

Those are some truly top pics A-dev sir :clap

I have not really brought enough HT fig this year, so I cant really comment on best fig:
Lets see if I can remember the figs I got this calendar year & rate them.

Phil Coulson 3/5
Captain America Star Spangled ver 2/5
Joe Colton 3/5
Evil Superman 4/5
The Crow 2/5
Batman 66' 4/5
Robin 66' 3/5
The Wolverine 2/5
The Terminator BD 4.5/5

Yep Terminator is my Hot Toy fig of the year, although I am getting Robocop in the next couple of weeks so he might be toppled?

Those are some truly top pics A-dev sir :clap

I have not really brought enough HT fig this year, so I cant really comment on best fig:
Lets see if I can remember the figs I got this calendar year & rate them.

Phil Coulson 3/5
Captain America Star Spangled ver 2/5
Joe Colton 3/5
Evil Superman 4/5
The Crow 2/5
Batman 66' 4/5
Robin 66' 3/5
The Wolverine 2/5
The Terminator BD 4.5/5

Yep Terminator is my Hot Toy fig of the year, although I am getting Robocop in the next couple of weeks so he might be toppled?

Thanks man. I'll be surprised if Robocop doesn't beat the T-800 for you. I know you've said that you still prefer the Tech Noir figure so if it can't even be the top Terminator figure I doubt it can beat the top Robocop figure.

Killer pics Keith. This really is a well done figure and with the correct lighting and angles, the likeness is spot on Arnie. :duff

(Digging the new avitar too)

Looks great! I'm really wanting to get this figure so bad!! Anyone fancy trading for a evil superman? Lol

Keep the pictures coming guy's! !! [emoji16]

Damn, I'd written this one off in favour of the Elder Predator but those pics have got me wanting it again. Awesome.

Back