1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

That looks like the MMS 117 sculpt, maybe a modified Tech Noir sculpt. Also, you can still see the eyebrows under the glasses :lol

Yeah, I did wonder what they actually did for this mock up. The eyebrows made me suspicious that it was a previous sculpt with some modding done to it. I'd guess the Tech Noir sculpt. I wonder if it was bs all along and they just showed an early mock up for the current 1/6 and called it 1/4 to see how much interest there would be.

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

Yeah, I did wonder what they actually did for this mock up. The eyebrows made me suspicious that it was a previous sculpt with some modding done to it. I'd guess the Tech Noir sculpt. I wonder if it was bs all along and they just showed an early mock up for the current 1/6 and called it 1/4 to see how much interest there would be.

HT made the 1/4 Endo and TDKR Bats, and I STILL think they'll make more 1/4 figures, maybe not a T800, but who knows? As long as EB keeps making 1/4 figures, HT won't stop, because they want to compete with EB and dominate the market, like they did with in the 1/6 scale.

That 1/4 looks badass more accurate and meaner.
I got both EB t800 and they are beautiful.
Doubt it Will see the light of day now but who knows we have the dx12 and the 1/4 version of it.

HT made the 1/4 Endo and TDKR Bats, and I STILL think they'll make more 1/4 figures, maybe not a T800, but who knows? As long as EB keeps making 1/4 figures, HT won't stop, because they want to compete with EB and dominate the market, like they did with in the 1/6 scale.

Yeah, it's hard to say. Personally, I have been won over to 1/4 scale thanks to the QS001 and would like to see Arnold get the same treatment in some form. I got myself hyped up to seeing this version in 1/4 scale so I'm a little let down in some ways but also happy to have this version of the Terminator without spending $400+ and removing a shelf from my detolf to accommodate it.

Yeah, but how many more 1/4 scalers is even EB going to do?

I don't know, there seems to be a market for those figure. I'm don't like the scale, but some collectors are buying them. Actually, I think HT wanted to move to a larger scale even before EB made any 1/4 figures. I remember back in 2009, Yulli(the sculptor) did an interview mentioning the idea of HT and her as a sculptor moving to a larger scale, but at the time I thought, what could be larger than 1/6...a bust? So maybe the 1/4 scale has been part of their plans all along. I wonder if that interview was posted on SF? I would like to read it again.

Personally, I think Hot Toys only did it to compete with Enterbay. Lets remember, in addition to this Terminator and Nolan Batman, they also supposedly had 1/4 Avengers, Predator and Burton Batman in the works. It's been over two years and there's been nada.

Enterbay seems to have been burned out on the 1/4 scene and have shifted focus on NBA sports figures. I doubt Hot Toys cares about the competition any more.

I recall reading that. My impression about Enterbay is that the 1/4 scale thing has really slowed down for them, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Personally, I think Hot Toys only did it to compete with Enterbay. Lets remember, in addition to this Terminator and Nolan Batman, they also supposedly had 1/4 Avengers, Predator and Burton Batman in the works. It's been over two years and there's been nada.

Enterbay seems to have been burned out on the 1/4 scene and have shifted focus on NBA sports figures. I doubt Hot Toys cares about the competition any more.

This s what I was thinking as well.

I recall reading that. My impression about Enterbay is that the 1/4 scale thing has really slowed down for them, but maybe I'm mistaken.

Agreed. My personal view has been that its easy to jump on to the 1/4 wagon and buy some here and there however the bigger challenge would be displaying them due to space. I think enterbay and HT realize that.

I resisted all 1/4 as there is no way i can showcase them in my lil California apartment , or hole i may say. (i could probably afford a mansion elsewhere if not for this darn state being what it is) but i digress...

But even for people who live in big houses unless they have a dedicated room and lot of shelf space... 1/4 can become a big challenge. Personally i dont believe in keeping my figures boxed up so i have to stick to 1/6 ...

Also, there is a history of folks collecting 12" figures that goes back to GI Joe, to Star Wars, to the military figures of the '90s and on, to what Sideshow, Hot Toys, and others have been doing for the last 10-15 years or so. 1/4 scale doesn't have that history. There are 1/4 scale statues, but they are fundamentally different than figures, and even then have a fraction of the edition sizes of 1/6 scale figures, in part because of cost, and in part because they are so damn big it's hard for folks to collect and display them. So, though there is a group of collectors who will be into this stuff, it's not nearly as strong as 1/6, which is where the real audience and profit lies for high end toy companies. It was a cool idea, but ultimately I think it will be viewed as a gimmick that didn't last.

Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Colle...

Enterbay have just released 2 1/4 figures

Or will have when robocop starts shipping

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1) MMS 238 T-800 (Battle Damaged Version) Figure

^^^ agreed! (On what Kara wrote)

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Colle...

Enterbay have just released 2 1/4 figures

Or will have when robocop starts shipping

I think they have no choice, they can't bucket licenses for 1/6 as am sure it must be a bid war between the mighty H.t and them. I personally feel its a shame as i like enterbay detailing on figures much better than H.t... What a shame.

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Colle...

I think they have no choice, they can't bucket licenses for 1/6 as am sure it must be a bid war between the mighty H.t and them. I personally feel its a shame as i like enterbay detailing on figures much better than H.t... What a shame.

I agree, they must get quite abit if their profit from 1/4. They only got the NBA line going other than that.

I hope they do keep doing figures, there's a few I would pick up in 1/4 done by any company. Just the core favourites

Did a bit of ninja drilling on my Aoshima AR-18 to add strap ringlets which I got from a gas mask strap, Also added the extra ammo clip and tape plus a bit of weathering to the clip.

Back