1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

That TFG mod gets better the more I look at it. I think I'll stop looking at it, because I don't think its gonna happen.

Re: Article: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectib

You never know. I bet we see quite a few tweaks to this figure by HT for the better.

Anybody complaining about the likeness remember this guy? MMS02 from 2005 -

mms02.jpg

mms02_1.jpg

mms02_2.jpg

I broke the glasses trying to get them on - you're welcome...

mms02_3.jpg

mms02_4.jpg

I can't say I actually have a problem with the likeness other than more frown or intensity in the mouth would be nice. It's just that I feel obligated to nitpick at this stage. I'm a victim of the Sideshow Freaks process. :lol

Such nostalgia. Hamburger Helper face is a classic.

Just occurred to me - how will the LEDs be activated? If the button is inside the head then there may well be a removable hair-piece even without the presence of PERS.

I brought up that concept earlier in this thread, as I know some are against the removable hair-pieces for figures with PERS. It seems to be the only logical way to have a switch and accessible batteries.

When you look at their first release and what they do now. They've come along way. Imagine in another 10 years?

I got it all waiting for the BD Arnie :exactly:

DSCF1474.jpg

I wonder if the fig will have damaged arm like the 136?

I got it all waiting for the BD Arnie :exactly:

DSCF1474.jpg

I wonder if the fig will have damaged arm like the 136?
you might have problems with furniture height )
i had to make both table & chair higher 2 cm to fit legs under it in a natural pose.

arm_surgery_table_004.jpg~original

and why would you need a new figure for this scene? it needs MMS136 clothes and head.

Anybody complaining about the likeness remember this guy? MMS02 from 2005

Well, they weren't allowed use his likeness then and therefore they weren't trying. Its almost a deliberately awful sculpt so I'm not sure its a fair comparison. Granted the levels of detail are still far below what they do today but I don't think anyone is denying that even while they criticise the new sculpt. In any case as TFG's edit shows, much of the problem is merely the hair (as it tends to be with their sculpts of Arnie and the size of the glasses). If HT were to see this and agree - that's a pretty easy fix for the final sculpt.

I brought up that concept earlier in this thread, as I know some are against the removable hair-pieces for figures with PERS. It seems to be the only logical way to have a switch and accessible batteries.

Sorry Snoop, missed that, therefore it didn't happen and it was me who made the original point..............:monkey3 I kid.

But yeah it seems like there's gonna be an access panel regardless of no PERS in this instance.

you might have problems with furniture height )
i had to make both table & chair higher 2 cm to fit legs under it in a natural pose.

and why would you need a new figure for this scene? it needs MMS136 clothes and head.

I wonder is that the table and chair from the DX11 Joker figure - perhaps those were the correct height. Also yeah, no need to wait for MMS238 to create that version.

I wonder is that the table and chair from the DX11 Joker figure - perhaps those were the correct height.
they are joker furniture.
and they are short :)

they are joker furniture.
and they are short :)

The one I got pre-dates the furniture from the Joker release (since when it comes to Nolan Batman stuff Hot Toys copies the customisers and dio-builders for ideas)

P., would you still be interested in my table, chair & accessories diorama when I make it?
always was and forever will be!
and please take the furniture height issue into concideration )

...just re-read my post.
i actually don't want to be interested forever, it'd better happen once O_O

Last edited:

So from what I'm gathering sunglasses need to be higher up and I'll be a really really happy camper. :D Looks great as is already too. Can't wait!

After watching the video. Do you guys think the body seems kind of small?

Back