1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Just POd my second from AE. $226 shipped saves me a few bucks.

For Canadians, mainly, because you Americans never seem to get hit by customs... Do they mark as a gift and all that?

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

Like y'all, this is my definitive piece. I have a very minimalist collection compared to say, A-dev, with only Tech Noir, DX13, T-1000 (cop plus biker versions) and the old Endo. This piece will be center stage.

BTW, I actually really like the Tech Noire as a figure, its still one of the best HT has produced in this line (although I always preferred the PS punk look best). But I think this messed up BD shootout version will look great as compliment to the cleaner Tech Noir look with the awesomely bad middle-parted surfer hair.

I love that TN fig. IMO that's been their best Arnie likeness to date, evn slightly edging out the DX13

Ordered from AE - $225 Shipped (used a few bucks from reward points).

I still can't believe they included the "Get OUT!" head and it's pretty damn accurate. So, question: What( if anything) could they do as a DX? We already have a Tech Noir with BD head, now this with two more BD heads, I mean, after we saw him in the Semi "Get Out!" scene, he basically perished in the Semi fire so there is NO other Human Cyborg version to do, just the Endo (chromed paint apps hopefully), Kyle( maybe a Tech Com/ Green Trench DX or 2 in 1) also the later BD Kyle with blue trench and I think we're done with the line here. Unlikely to do a Sarah, although they could pump it up with a scooter ( unlikely) or machine press to go with Endo ( more likely if HT has the chutzpa). Fun to speculate, but I think we'll see more from the T1 line for sure.

I mean there's possibly a handful of folks that would even buy the "wrong Sarah Connor", but I think the only things left that would bear a true demand on the market would be Reese & Endo 2.0

I would buy a T1 Sarah Connor, assuming it had a great likeness. But I'm a big time fan of the movie. A convention 2-pack with her and "modern" Reese for a discounted price (say, $300 for the two of them) would be a buy for me.

A Sarah/Reese two pack sounds great, but I doubt it will happen. Too much cost/work for the likenesses. Although we got Linda Hamilton, wasn't there some issue with Biehn?

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1) MMS 238 T-800 (Battle Damaged Version) Figure

I doubt it will happen, either. But then again, Angelica from Pirates of the Caribbean happened. And Fatburn. There was a lot of talk in the past regarding Biehn not allowing his likeness to be used, but it's sure been used with NECA figures recently, and in the videogame, so I don't think that's the case anymore. In fact, it seems like Hot Toys was unwilling or unable to shell out for likeness rights for anyone back in the early days. All those Aliens guys had intentionally bad likenesses, as evidenced by the "Stoner" military figure that had a damn good Reese head, and was even used on the official Reese display box!

I emailed Hot Toys, asking for a non-battle damaged t-shirt to be included in the set. Y'all can thank me when it comes out with one. :lol

I'd like a better Sarah from Terminator 2 personally. The ones out are okay but none of the head sculpts are perfect. Would also like Reese and young John.

I think I'll be getting this, I do like my terminators

But for some reason, I keep seeing a chubby Jesse Pinkman in the sculpt. This ain't a criticism, it's more of a mental issue so I'll be seeing a doctor

but yeah, Jesse Pinkman... weird.

MAGNETS!!!

In response to the DX talk, I think if this figure was to be a DX, it would also need a clean T-shirt, ripped pants, and battle damaged leather jacket to go with what is already there. Thats all I can really think of right now.

Yeah, DX-wise, if they wanted to really go all out, the clean shirt, ripped pants, damaged jacket, and really a non-damaged torso or full body. Shirt may not be able to sufficiently hide the chest wound, and even if it could, to do the movie poster version, you need a "clean" torso. Also, Sarah Connor's address book, sneakers, sink and mirror, bandage for arm and towel, scalpel, mutilated eyeball, Sarah Connor's dead mother, dog that barks at him, and motorcycle.

In response to the DX talk, I think if this figure was to be a DX, it would also need a clean T-shirt, ripped pants, and battle damaged leather jacket to go with what is already there. Thats all I can really think of right now.

Why?

Some DX releases have been nothing but a plain old figure with PERS and a base. DX 10? That could have easily been an MMS. DX 14? Nothing DX about him except the eyes. For this one, I'm counting my lucky stars. They could have pulled some crap and made this a DX as it is, while charging some bull**** $300 price tag. Judging by the base, I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally a DX figure just like the Reeve Superman was. This is pure conjecture, but I bet they dropped the idea because "PERS" wouldn't really be PERS here. It'd be the same stick contraption as DX 13's damaged head and MMS Hulk.

I'd want Sarah's dead mother as an accessory

Why?

Some DX releases have been nothing but a plain old figure with PERS and a base. DX 10? That could have easily been an MMS. DX 14? Nothing DX about him except the eyes. For this one, I'm counting my lucky stars. They could have pulled some crap and made this a DX as it is, while charging some bull**** $300 price tag. Judging by the base, I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally a DX figure, but they dropped the idea because "PERS", wouldn't really be PERS here. It'd be the same stick contraption as DX 13's damaged head and MMS Hulk.

Remember the DX14???? The Mime Joker had nothing with it but a Pen

Why?

Some DX releases have been nothing but a plain old figure with PERS and a base. DX 10? That could have easily been an MMS. DX 14? Nothing DX about him except the eyes. For this one, I'm counting my lucky stars. They could have pulled some crap and made this a DX as it is, while charging some bull**** $300 price tag. Judging by the base, I wouldn't be surprised if this was originally a DX figure just like the Reeve Superman was. This is pure conjecture, but I bet they dropped the idea because "PERS" wouldn't really be PERS here. It'd be the same stick contraption as DX 13's damaged head and MMS Hulk.

I agree completely mate. Just speculating/wishful thinking really.
Would be awesome if it was a DX, and we got everything that karamazov80 mentioned though! :lol

How did I guess people would start selling their custom T800s once this was announced? :lol

Back