1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Concur: Tech Noir and DX13 T2 BD T-800

This figure (MMS238) is good but not to the level of those others.

7TtvTUMm9mp20.gif

Pretty sure it's the KPO2 body. I swapped mine out and it's so much better
4ec498ed94dd470b5994b48d2bec38da.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it's the KPO2 body.
i'm not so sure. the neck looks very different. that's why i'm interested what neck besides KP could fit the MMS238 head. while i'm waiting for a KP body after your advice and somebody's old photos, i still would like something looking more natural. like that neck.

4UXI1rW.png

I wonder is it the Guardian T-800 body.....
i suspected the same for a moment. but i don't have any of discussed bodies, so i can only quess.

what body is that? neck looks much more lifelike and proportionate. :clap
i'm currently hoping for KP02 body to work, but it didn't arrive yet, and this looks more natural.

It is actually the original body, when i purchased it the previous owner only added more blood stains, and ripped the jacket on one of the arm hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is actually the original body, when i purchased it the previous owner only added more blood stains, and ripped the jacket on one of the arm hehe
wow. so i'm ashamed now, what about you guys (a-dev and Davea1982)? :lol
though maybe previous owner already widened the neck.
ok another question - how did you get a blood color? do you always mix colors or is there some already mixed color called "blood paint"??? i don't have enough paints to get a good color, so i still cannot add missing blood to my figures. like those strains on the neck which are an important part of the image.

wow. so i'm ashamed now, what about you guys (a-dev and Davea1982)? :lol
ok another question - how did you get a blood color? do you always mix colors or is there some already mixed color called "blood paint"??? i don't have enough paints to get a good color, so i still cannot add missing blood to my figures. like those strains on the neck which are an important part of the image.

Im not too sure about the blood color since the previous owner did them. I can ask him if you want? I havent done any changes to this figure since only got him a month ago :3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

or is there some already mixed color called "blood paint"???

I usually do a combination of mixing my own colours, and then supplementing it with Blood for the Blood God paint from Games Workshop. You can probably get away with using just the blood paint, but I think it adds a bit more depth to use it with my own mixed colours as well.

wow. so i'm ashamed now, what about you guys (a-dev and Davea1982)? [emoji38]
Tamiya x27 is what you need for realistic blood dude. If you mix it with a small amount of dark wash it is perfect.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Alice
Davea1982

thank you for advices. thing is i don't have fast access to paints, only purchasing from ebay and waiting for a month. so no premixed blood paint. that's really strange.

here a guy gets a transparent blood effect with mentioned Tamiya. and doesn't say a word about gloss coat.

https://taleofpainters.blogspot.ru/2012/11/tutorial-how-to-paint-realistic-blood.html

checked that video with Citadel blood. too purple for my eye :(
i wonder why "clear red" should be used instead of just "red" if it looks candy pink?

all.jpg

i wonder if this thing works - cheap enough to try.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282251210476

i also have 2 Vallejo colors - "gory red" and "blood red". will get Vallejo "black wash" and try with them, as they are super cheap, and if i suck at this, it won't be losing too much money.

If you use Tamiya x27 you don't need to add gloss because the paint is glossy. I mix a small amount of dark wash to give it deoth/clotting appearance. Just remember to gloss to give it shine and possibly darken it a touch and I'm sure you'll be fine dude.

Here's an example. Notice the depth to the wounds (A custom future war Terminator I did for a client)
1e5f59ebbe32c03f8a38a5873dbef4e1.jpg

If you use Tamiya x27 you don't need to add gloss because the paint is glossy.
oh i see. it's "clear red" because it's transparent and clear, already understood that from reading reviews :)

This figure doesn't just need more blood, but also a repaint imo.
a repaint needs skills that i don't have :)
of course a zombie face makes i look like it should look, which is perfectly seen by your photo:clap, but i wouldn't try even if you told me what colors to take and how to apply them.

Here's a little visual help for choosing your colours. The effect looks better on something with actual texture like the cuts and gashes on a Terminator, but this is the only flesh tone thing I had on hand that I could do a test on, and it's just smooth plastic.

The top colour is the x27 clear red. Second is X-27 Clear Red mixed with a very small amount of X-19 Smoke.

Third is my own acrylic mix. It's opaque, and I use it mainly for adding some blush or pinkish areas when painting skin. In this case, I kind of use it as a base to give the effect of redened/irritated skin around a wound. You can also go a bit further with blue-y purple to show bruising etc, but I didn't bother, since this is just to show blood.

The last one is the Games Workshop Blood for the Blood God paint. You can barely tell in the picture, but it's a technical paint that has a more blood-like consistency to look a bit more realistic out of the pot. You can drag it a bit to thin it out in areas to achieve a lighter tone. I think it's your best bet if you're just looking for something "pre-mixed."

The last splotch is a quick little layered effect using a small amount of all of the above. If you want to get the best look possible I would suggest you don't mix everything together in a pot, but paint in layers. Paint a bit of clear red, let it dry, darken it with a thin layer of smoke etc. until you've built up something you're happy with. Going darker, almost purpley black in deep, recessed areas, and lighter towards the outer edges of the wounds.

Also, I think in that picture, due to lighting, not all of the paint looks glossy, but, aside from the opaque acrylic mix of my own, they're all gloss. You can always add a bit of clear over the finished product to make it even shinier if you want.

f894ef4b-fd26-4ba1-b3fd-3e459d5c00a9_zpsukd1xxtx.jpg

Back