1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version)

Not sure if this is good or bad, but I just spent $250 on getting the MMS238 body, boots, pants, shirt and jacket in order to make the second 238. I'm thinking I overpaid. :lol

Does sound a tad much. But if you need it you need it... what does the whole figure go for these days? It's the only HT figure I own that is not displayed. Using the boots and pants for my mms136 - until I sell the mms238 some day.

yep! had to buy a full BMW kit for that. luckily it all happened long before the crisis, when our currency became 2 times cheaper.

i have everything, everything is repainted, but i stopped at attaching the front wheel, because the front fork/light attachment, originally (on tamiya, on minichamps and on a real bike, i think) has a bike color, but should be chromed to match the movie.

20_20130201_101828IMG12801024.jpg

colors_zpse9a62fd6.jpg~original

i have 4 aircans - primer, black base, chrome, clear coat - but i never did anything like that, so i'm plainly afraid to start.

yep! had to buy a full BMW kit for that. luckily it all happened long before the crisis, when our currency became 2 times cheaper.

i have everything, everything is repainted, but i stopped at attaching the front wheel, because the front fork/light attachment, originally (on tamiya, on minichamps and on a real bike, i think) has a bike color, but should be chromed to match the movie.

20_20130201_101828IMG12801024.jpg

colors_zpse9a62fd6.jpg~original

i have 4 aircans - primer, black base, chrome, clear coat - but i never did anything like that, so i'm plainly afraid to start.
Hey P., I probably shouldn't even mention this if you have everything painted already, but you are very detail oriented. The fairing and windshield do need to be modified to look more like the one in the movie. I used the same set-up. The top part of the fairing that wraps around the side is a little too long. You can shave it to the correct length, which then necessitates shaving the windshield down as well. I see by the picture that you posted that my windshield needs to be trimmed a little more to match the profile. Didn't know that it curved back near the top.

i didn't know that. i'm very bad with cars, bikes and so on. it's already painted with actual car paint, so i will be unable to cut anything. :(
but thanks to the first part of my post i will live with it without noticing :)

well i tried to, but then it said "some items cannot be shipped to your destination".
i asked why, and they answered:

Hi,

Unfortunately, we've had more than a few packages fail to be delivered so we had to restrict sales.

I'm very sorry,

Ken
--toyanxiety.com

WTF then ban the country from your dropbox and don't give false hopes.
i don't know where this fairy tale about undelivered packages comes from (just heard it yesterday from ebay seller), i receive items almost for 12 years and had no problems. toys aren't interesting for postal thieves.
i guess the items still were blocked on that site, they should realise that eventually and make them available again. i won't give them hints, **** them.

it shows perfectly that, though very recognisable, the sculpt is super soft, short and round, even though its main part (eyes) is covered with giant goggles.

15356640_1311049935581907_983953300615326280_n.jpg
terminator-poster.jpg

and that it's author either shunk the head while photoshopping - or did a big neck thickening, judging by cracks in rubber :)

They nailed the likeness of Arnies chest though. :lol, Yeah the sculpt was a bit of a miss from HT. Their 1/4 scale T-800 from T1 looked promising.

Nice pic, though Its fairly easy to get rid of the strawberry jam on his chest.

Back