1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Urgh - I'm on the fence about this figure. I need more Terminator representation in my collection and I don't think that Hot Toys will revisit the 1984 T800 any time soon. However I'm a bit daunted by having to do the mod P. (very helpfully) set out to make the figure look like Arnie. I'll probably pull the trigger on it next time it's on sale online somewhere.

Urgh - I'm on the fence about this figure. I need more Terminator representation in my collection and I don't think that Hot Toys will revisit the 1984 T800 any time soon. However I'm a bit daunted by having to do the mod P. (very helpfully) set out to make the figure look like Arnie. I'll probably pull the trigger on it next time it's on sale online somewhere.

Holy ****, this is pretty much the board's sentiment on this figure, distilled into a neat little paragraph. :lol

So erm, I have two DX10, two MMS136 and one DX13. I saw the 238 for sale and I was wondering if this is a top priority figure or does he exist to just make the 136 look good? I do plan to get two 238 someday, just not sure when.

it's worth at least the final BD headsculpt if no mods are done, because posing and positioning the figure may cover the weak body fail but still exhibit the BD face.
plus one day it will be sold out and you will have none. like i wish i bought more Kyle Reese figures long ago for their accessories and uniform :(

it's worth at least the final BD headsculpt if no mods are done, because posing and positioning the figure may cover the weak body fail but still exhibit the BD face.
plus one day it will be sold out and you will have none. like i wish i bought more Kyle Reese figures long ago for their accessories and uniform :(

Hmm I might get it then. I just think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that this is the weakest of all them Arnold Terminators. Also, don't I need to tear up the pants to make the BD look right?

Hmm I might get it then. I just think (and correct me if I'm wrong) that this is the weakest of all them Arnold Terminators. Also, don't I need to tear up the pants to make the BD look right?
1) it's the biggest head. not the weakest body.
MMS136 body is actually "weaker" than DX10/13, but MMS136 head is so small that the body looks massive.
MMS238 has the same body as DX10/13 but a giant head, while 136 is the smallest head.

actually i made some measurements and found out that MMS238 heads have correct size compared to palms and feet.

2) if you don't care for having MMS238 RIGHT NOW FOR SURE BECAUSE YOU DREAMT OF IT, nobody can make you give him fully accurate full BD look. the only thing i'm saying is get it before you want to and it is too pricey if you're into completing at least major looks.
there's no way we'll see anything terminatorish any time soon.

So erm, I have two DX10, two MMS136 and one DX13. I saw the 238 for sale and I was wondering if this is a top priority figure or does he exist to just make the 136 look good? I do plan to get two 238 someday, just not sure when.

As a Arnie completest that you've become, I'd say it's become a priority figure. It's definitely worth buying, especially since it's the only police shootout version we'll ever get. And since you're getting good with mods, you can only improve it where HT failed.

1) it's the biggest head. not the weakest body.
MMS136 body is actually "weaker" than DX10/13, but MMS136 head is so small that the body looks massive.
MMS238 has the same body as DX10/13 but a giant head, while 136 is the smallest head.

actually i made some measurements and found out that MMS238 heads have correct size compared to palms and feet.

2) if you don't care for having MMS238 RIGHT NOW FOR SURE BECAUSE YOU DREAMT OF IT, nobody can make you give him fully accurate full BD look. the only thing i'm saying is get it before you want to and it is too pricey if you're into completing at least major looks.
there's no way we'll see anything terminatorish any time soon.

As a Arnie completest that you've become, I'd say it's become a priority figure. It's definitely worth buying, especially since it's the only police shootout version we'll ever get. And since you're getting good with mods, you can only improve it where HT failed.

Thanks for the advice guys! I guess I'll get one 238 first and see how it goes from there. I'll admit that I'm addicted to getting two of each Terminators for the looks but I'm trying to find excuses not to get this one yet. :lol

a base.

burning_T1_001_zpszzyk4xj6.jpg~original

i don't know if it will work yet. i mean - it works with lights from the sides, but my intention is to make a permanent base with independent light, and the only way for it is to go from below. and i won't get the base for... the base until next year, i guess.
best way would be to put many leds inside the flames, of course. but i don't know how to do that easily.

Digging this back up. Are those the red Tamashii flames P. or the yellow ones?

I got one set of the yellow flames the other day and immediately ordered 2 more to do what you're doing here but with my Endoskeleton. Previously I had bought the red flames which I am using with my NECA Alien hive set-up but if I had known about the yellow ones I would have bought those instead - yellow is much better. For now though all the yellows will go to the Endoskeleton display which already has great potential, even unlit.

Last edited:
Back