1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm, I may have to break down and start selling on e.Bay. Seems this is a tough crowd to sell to as most have what they want or are only interested if the discounts are crazy steep. Thanks, N3M. I'll think about moving the stuff over.

No problem & thanks for the point:duff (just a little advise, start the auction low, that way the more people bid when its low more people get reminded when the auction is near the end) scary but it works.

I might have to start doing that aswell. But every time I even think of doing it I read a fresh seller's horror story or I find myself put off by the listing page.

I havent been using ebay that long but so far no problems. On figs I always ship with a signature required, and always check there rep before auction ends.

Just curious, is this still widely available? Also, how much are you listing for? You guys ever tried craigslist? I had some success with Transformers figures.

I use craigslist too but sometimes its a hassle, they start haggling on the phone, then they come late, and not to mention just having all kinds of people coming over. Normally I try to meet somewhere public, but thats more time consuming and then you really notice how late they show up. :gah:

Isn't buyer rep kinda one-sided? They can only receive positives unless I'm mistaken.

No you are right to a point, but if they are bad buyers normally the seller will leave a 5 star which will allow them to leave feedback and thats when you read the dirt. So Ill read the most recent feedback.

Huh, I didn't know that. So it'll count as a positive but their actual comments will be negative. As someone who has only ever been a buyer on ebay I've never had occasion to find this out.

Huh, I didn't know that. So it'll count as a positive but their actual comments will be negative. As someone who has only ever been a buyer on ebay I've never had occasion to find this out.

Lol, I googled it. I had a bidder that won and never contacted me or replied back, so i was looking for what my options were and came across that response a few times. And sure enough that bidder had a 5 star recently but the feedback was the same as my situation, guy bid and won but never paid or responded. At least this way any feedback like that you can just cancel the're bid. And move on.

Lol, I googled it. I had a bidder that won and never contacted me or replied back, so i was looking for what my options were and came across that response a few times. And sure enough that bidder had a 5 star recently but the feedback was the same as my situation, guy bid and won but never paid or responded. At least this way any feedback like that you can just cancel the're bid. And move on.

However I opted not to go that route because i figured if open a case on him it will eventually catch up to him.

Have started a Terminator art poster though recently. Will have to post in-progress pics here sometime, I know you Terminator fans would be interested in seeing it. :)

More Terminator goodness :)
These are from a 30x40" artwork I've begun, just laying out the pencil right now on the board...eventually it'll be colored with acrylics. If the Arnold image looks familiar, that's because it's from one of Hot Toys promotional shots for their figure ;-)
He looks a little flat at the moment but when it's colored with him looking pale, and the red wound colors, it'll bring it out. T1 W.I.P_1.081515.jpgT1 W.I.P_2.081515.jpgT1 W.I.P_3.081515.jpg

WOW that is some talent you got, fantastic work and looking forward to seeing it colored:clap:clap

I used to draw myself many, many years ago, I stopped pretty much when I started my working adult life, I wasn't as good as you but I was good, I should pick it up again someday, wonder if I still got it:panic:

I used to draw myself many, many years ago, I stopped pretty much when I started my working adult life, I wasn't as good as you but I was good, I should pick it up again someday, wonder if I still got it:panic:

Go for it :) I did a Breaking Bad one last year, and that was the first painting I did after a 10 year break due to life, recession etc etc...I may go back to the Breaking Bad one and amend a couple of things, I'm finding I'm learning different techniques as I work. :)

What great drawings! Thanks for sharing your work. Makes me want to watch the original movie again.
These are from a 30x40" artwork I've begun, just laying out the pencil right now on the board...eventually it'll be colored with acrylics. If the Arnold image looks familiar, that's because it's from one of Hot Toys promotional shots for their figure ;-)
He looks a little flat at the moment but when it's colored with him looking pale, and the red wound colors, it'll bring it out.View attachment 204039View attachment 204040View attachment 204041

Go for it :) I did a Breaking Bad one last year, and that was the first painting I did after a 10 year break due to life, recession etc etc...I may go back to the Breaking Bad one and amend a couple of things, I'm finding I'm learning different techniques as I work. :)

Yeah I don't really know why I never continued drawing, I may have got very good as time went on, I never was good at painting or coloring very much, just black and white stuff. Any way you have real talent, you should continue:wink1:

He looks a little flat at the moment but when it's colored with him looking pale, and the red wound colors, it'll bring it out.View attachment 204039View attachment 204040View attachment 204041
Damn nice work there!

Thanks all! :duff

Oh, please tell me you are going to make and sell prints of this!

Don't know....too early to say. It may turn out terrible yet!
Many of the prints by others that are on the market have Arnold featured on them, but his face seems to be conveniently blanked out (whether by a shadow or other object)....so there may be some licencing things going on with Terminator art prints in general.

Got more done on Reese yesterday. I'll dig up my old artwork thread and post the next update there as this thread is for the figures after all.
On the top right you can see I'm starting the Tech Noir Arnold portion of the poster.
C'mon HT, we need a Michael Biehn Reese figure! :) :)

T1_WIP_081615.jpg

Would you post the link to that thread here? Maybe you could make one copy of this when you're done and sell it to me. I promise not to tell anyone.

Would you post the link to that thread here? Maybe you could make one copy of this when you're done and sell it to me. I promise not to tell anyone.

I just set up a gallery here:-

Space Jockey Gallery - Freak Gallery

I'll update it every 1-2 weeks (would be quicker, but I work full time and do the art a few hours a week) ;-)

Back