1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

OMFG... totally missed this, yesterday. Opened the e.mail, today, and thought, oh, great, they've restocked the DX-13 *yawns*. Then I realized the endo eye was on the other side of his face and thought, hm, wonder why they mirrored the photo like that. Then if finally hit me. Amazing and I love that they're doing one release for both PS shoot out and BD T1 Terminator. Definitely getting two. Couldn't be happier about this release. :D

:lol I just did the same thing. JUST discovered this right now! SOOOOOOOOOOO stoked!

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) Collectible Figure

I wonder the the blood will be on the body or on a painted piece on the under side of the shirt?

Surprised by the price but I'm happy with it. Easy pre-order for me. Almost tempted to get two but not sure if I will.

[/B]

The Tech Noire costume is not memorable at all, but THIS version is so iconic, they gave the t800 the same look in the sequels for no real reason other than it became memorable and it's the character's trademark costume.

Agreed. When ever I think of T1. I think of Arnold in the Black leather coat and shades lighting up the police station.

I can't believe how well they nailed the likeness! I really hope the paint apps remain as good for the final.

:lol I just did the same thing. JUST discovered this right now! SOOOOOOOOOOO stoked!
:duff

Yeah, what a nice surprise! Really was not expecting PS/BD-T1 for a long time, yet. Originally I was in the camp of two separate releases for these versions, but HT did a fantastic job for a single release and at a decent price point. I hope that they do throw in a clean tee, but if not, I'll do as Terminator_Fan_Game advised and just reverse one of the tees for the clean "I'll be back" look. So looking forward to this release.

I can't believe how well they nailed the likeness! I really hope the paint apps remain as good for the final.
Me too. Really hoping that, if anything, the production piece is considered a big upgrade over the prototype. They still could get closer to Arnie's likeness, so hoping that they do.

[/B]

The Tech Noire costume is not memorable at all, but THIS version is so iconic, they gave the t800 the same look in the sequels for no real reason other than it became memorable and it's the character's trademark costume. It's like Beetlejuice's striped suit, he wore other costumes in the film, but it was the black and white suit that he wore for only 2 minutes and 45 seconds that became iconic and synonymous with the character.

For some reason, Ive always seen the Technoire as most memorable in T1.
I always see that outfit first when I think of T1.

I did a full-blown custom of this too... Bought extra parts from the Tech-Noir version, stitched massive alterations on the T2 jacket, added the Aoshima AR18 rifle that came with their die-cast Endo, etc... I even installed a LED eye light with a battery pack in the back of the body. The custom was near perfect, and I auctioned it on ebay about five months ago; bids went up to $350, which shows how badly people have wanted this version. Here's a link to view my custom:
https://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=57566

That's a nice custom, Anthapoid. Gargoyles look a bit big but otherwise that was a beaut.

I personally am a big fan of the puppet, and make up used in T1, and I think Hot Toys definitely captured the "dead" look. I took some high quality screenshots from the blu ray -
(Right-click and choose "View Image" for larger version)
0012-1.jpg~original

0006-2.jpg~original

0007-1.jpg~original

0013-1.jpg~original

0014-1.jpg~original

0015-1.jpg~original

0016-1.jpg~original

0017-1.jpg~original
Living it:yess:

Was also rather surprised there was no NRD on this...

Matt

Re: Hot Toys-The Terminator-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version)

Been waiting for this figure for years now. Instant buy.

Pre-ordered - great success! :rock $229.99 isn't bad at all (I can't believe I just said that).

Was also rather surprised there was no NRD on this...

Matt

Yeah, I've gotten so used to paying those, and this was a nice surprise.

That's a nice custom, Anthapoid. Gargoyles look a bit big but otherwise that was a beaut.
You may be right, but I actually bought a life-size pair of G's, and measured as closely as I could from the DVD the height of the glasses from the eyebrow down to the cheek bone. I might have been a bit off.

Kyle Reese likely won't happen? Doesn't Michael Been not lend his likeness out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well I have dx13 Arnie, so I have to have this t1 Arnie to go with him for sure, now the only other terminator I want is a 1/6 Endo and i'll be happy terminator wise.

You may be right, but I actually bought a life-size pair of G's, and measured as closely as I could from the DVD the height of the glasses from the eyebrow down to the cheek bone. I might have been a bit off.
Honestly, I trust your measurements over my eyes and hope that didn't come across as a dig. 1:6 isn't an easy medium for things like sunglasses, so I really mean it when I say you did a nice job.

As far as I know, likeness rights are not a problem. Speculation seems to be that HT would consider Reese a secondary character and not worthy of their resources. Although no doubt a lot of people would buy one, they have the luxury to pick and choose what they will release.

well I have dx13 Arnie, so I have to have this t1 Arnie to go with him for sure, now the only other terminator I want is a 1/6 Endo and i'll be happy terminator wise.
Yep, me too. Endoskeleton and the Terminator franchise for me is complete.

Hot Toys made him as their very first MMS figure. Then made Hicks. True, the likeness is from an earlier period before Hot Toys had such amazing sculpts. But still.

NECA has recently made Kyle Reese and Hicks. Hicks definitely has his mug.

For some reason, Ive always seen the Technoire as most memorable in T1.
I always see that outfit first when I think of T1.

Yeah, it's all subjective I guess. I always thought the Technoire costume was interesting and it says a lot about the character because the T800 takes it from some street punks just because he needed something to wear, but he never really thought about assimilating or finding an outfit that was "appropriate" for him. He physically doesn't look like a punk, yet he's wearing this outfit that makes him look even more out of place, which he was being a robot from the future. I've always wondered whether the "I'll be back" costume was supposed to be his signature look or was it just an accident. There's a reason why he wears the leather costume in the first film and everything has an explanation and a purpose, and there's a slow transition from the punk look to the "I'll be back" costume. They never did that in the sequels, even in T2, he just steals the guy's sunglasses for no real reason other than he had to wear them to complete the costume.

Back