1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who needs lazer sight, when you a gangster I mean "gansta" 2014-10-27 21.16.12.jpg lol
tried a few different poses.
2014-10-27 21.10.03.jpg

2014-10-27 21.12.27.jpg

2014-10-27 21.14.35.jpg

2014-10-27 21.18.30.jpg

2014-10-27 21.15.15.jpg

Almost going to try the neck mod, because I noticed the neck issue on the straight shots but I was getting frustrated because I managed to lose a button from his lapel and broke one end of the leather straps that are on the zippers!!:mad:

Almost going to try the neck mod, because I noticed the neck issue on the straight shots but I was getting frustrated because I managed to lose a button from his lapel and broke one end of the leather straps that are on the zippers!!:mad:

Thats why I don't **** with my figs, sometimes, now those faults are going to bug you more than the neck, if you are OCD like me that is.

image_13.jpeg

When I order something I tell them to ship it to my place of work, that way they cant miss me or say as an excuse that I am not home.:)

I havent rechecked but the bd arms looks the same to me, mms238 has better paint i think.

I think it may be a good substitute though I think there's some skin tone difference. I'm kind of curious to see how the body would look dressed up in the tech noir clothes. I may give it a try when I get a chance.

I think going with the 238 route will be plan B. I'm trying to make some sales and if I get enough money off them, I may actually just try to buy a second MMS136 since the parts I would need would almost amount to what the entire figure is going for on eBay.

Was going to advise you to do that, the cost of the pants boots are astronomical.
Hope you Will find a good price :)

Im toying with the idea to buy a second mms238, i already spent 90$ for jacket ar18 spas hands...
Might as well resell and get the whole figure for my custom body, and resell the mms238 one.
Décausions decisions...

I'm actually getting comfortable to the idea of just have the Tech Noir, Police Station, and the Get Aut versions :lol

The Surgery version would be nice, but lets be honest it's only an appearance that lasts a few minutes. I don't know if I'd break my back to get it, although if the price is right than sure.

Got my figure today and its pretty good overall. Some positivies and negatives:

* box is fantastic. A tad smaller than prior, and looks amazing. If this box became the new norm in style, I could die happy.
* face sculpts, clothing, weapons all excellent
*base = very cool. Wish a standard base was also included though
* Body = what happened to his bulk from the Tech Noir version? That base body looked incredibly intimidating. This one has a thin neck and not sure of just me, but it looks skinny almost. Not happy with the base body alterations at all

Congrats ;)
The body is not that different from the mms136, but since the Heads are bigger than mms136 the body feel smaller.
I swapped with a man of steel body and its much much better proportionned.

Those are the most iconic looks.
I had 2 mms136, never displayed the bd look.
I sold one and later bought another one missing only the body and used that set for my custom PS.
Talking of my ps custom, damn i used to absolutely love it and when i saw the first pics of mms238 with its big head i was sure to just use the gear to upgrade my custom but now i must say that since i swapped the body i fooking love it and dont know what to do with the ps custom parts lol

I'm actually getting comfortable to the idea of just have the Tech Noir, Police Station, and the Get Aut versions :lol

The Surgery version would be nice, but lets be honest it's only an appearance that lasts a few minutes. I don't know if I'd break my back to get it, although if the price is right than sure.

Those are the most iconic looks.
I had 2 mms136, never displayed the bd look.
I sold one and later bought another one missing only the body and used that set for my custom PS.
Talking of my ps custom, damn i used to absolutely love it and when i saw the first pics of mms238 with its big head i was sure to just use the gear to upgrade my custom but now i must say that since i swapped the body i fooking love it and dont know what to do with the ps custom parts lol

It's what sucks about doing a custom... and then an official figure comes out. You're SOL on trying to hawk them :lol

Is the neck on this a pain to mod? I saw a video where a guy just stuffed the inside of his neck.

Nah its easy, some just fill it with Cotton but i prefer to remove the inner Neck plug and put masking tape around it, its more even.
And to make it easier to put the Neck plug back, i put hot water on the Neck to soften the rubber.
Brute force works too :)

Nah its easy, some just fill it with Cotton but i prefer to remove the inner Neck plug and put masking tape around it, its more even.
And to make it easier to put the Neck plug back, i put hot water on the Neck to soften the rubber.
Brute force works too :)

Is the plug easy to get out? I think tape was what the guy used in the video I had seen. Do you just fold the tape on itself to cover the sticky side? Does it take a lot of tape?

Depends, as someone said when you dont want to remove it comes off easy and when you want to it doesnt lol
Do not use black tape like the video, it melts.
Masking tape or cotton or even the black foam that is used in some figure boxes.
Here the chest was cut and removed but you dont need to.
image.jpg

Yeah I had thought that black tape would get all gooey and wrinkly. I think I have some masking tape lying around. Maybe some cotton would do too, but I don't want threads of it stuck inside of it if I ever need to remove it.

Your Welcome :)
Not really anymore.
Im trying to get a Zod body wich looks to be in the same proportions, more available and cheaper.
We ll see if it works.

Here is how the mms238 Head looks on MOS body and also how the overall figure looks like one swapped (shirt is a tad too short still)
image.jpg
image.jpg

if anyone wants to use tape, I suggest 3M micropore, it also comes in the perfect width and doesn't degrade. Every pharmacy has it, very useful for futzing generally.

Back