1/6 Hot Toys-The Terminator (T1)-MMS 238-T-800-(Battle Damaged Version) 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm.....a bit baby faced. Quite underwhelming.

It almost looks like one of those bootleg knockoff sculpts but more likely the usual "softening" of the prototype sculpt details to final production we usually see on these.

None of **** Po's pics have the face looking soft. You can see the furrowed brows, the cheek bone structure, etc.

This "soft sculpt" thing, which I myself probably banged on and on about ad nauseam on here has me puzzled now.
I got the Batman Armory a few days ago and both the Bruce and Alfred sculpts are super sharp, the way HT used to do things.
I wonder are they using two different manufacturers for casting.

I like this, the blood and dirt is great, but the head is odd without the glasses, if that makes any sense at all.
:lol

Last edited:
Argh whatever I'll be happy to have this and display in my detolf.
Maybe won't be my strongest figure in there, but that's it! Some figures are better than others.
And it was always going to be a tough job following the last Terminator release, the DX13.
It's just kind of disappointing seeing the head sculpt faults as this is such an iconic character and scenes pivotal to the Terminator franchise as a whole.
I am still really excited and really want to play around with posing him.
Who knows, maybe I'll be really surprised when I have it in my hands and maybe many others will too. I realize I'm basing all this off of secondary info.

I have to add that I always thought the extremely bd head sculpt was the better of the two.

This "soft sculpt" thing, which I myself probably banged on and on about ad nauseam on here has me puzzled now.
I got the Batman Armory a few days ago and both the Bruce and Alfred sculpts are super sharp, the way HT used to do things.
I wonder are they using two different manufacturers for casting.

I like this, the blood and dirt is great, but the head is odd without the glasses, if that makes any sense at all.
:lol
I don't think they've been consistently bad since we first started seeing the "soft" sculpts (around the release of Nick Fury?). It's hit or miss, which is frustrating because you know they are still capable of producing nicer sculpts every now and again. But yeah, I assume they are using different production methods for different sculpts.

I can't wait for this figure!!!

My main concern is the t-shirt is way to short, which helps throw out the body proportions.

I've quickly edited John Woo's photo. I think these very small edits make a big difference.
1. T-shirt longer
2. neck post longer and slightly thicker
3. Eyebrow lightly turned down for more aggressive look.

Yeah the t shirt was bugging me when I was looking at the pictures last night but I thought it may just be me.
I think he looks great. Il be doing what I did with the dx13 and having real hair routed and a bit longer on the back.

Cant wait to get him

R9dE5.gif

Hihi...
Computer says NO!

Arnold is a pretty sexy woman.

That gif is just full of estrogen and caring.

They look a little better to me, but apart from being thinner toward the toes and shinier (which you can accomplish with a glossy clear coat), I don't see a massive difference. What else was improved?

The whole boot is different. The whole shape, the wrinkles, the leather strap with the circular metal ring on the right boot are larger and more accurate. I always hated those old boots...even the Neca figure got them right on the 7 inch figure.

The whole boot is different. The whole shape, the wrinkles, the leather strap with the circular metal ring on the right boot are larger and more accurate. I always hated those old boots...even the Neca figure got them right on the 7 inch figure.

I agree on the old boots -- I thought they looked very toyish -- but I think these are the same mold just difference plastic (darker, richer, more sheen).

Back