Hot Toys The Suicide Squad speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know it, but it sucks *****. From the article it seems like at first they just didn't want guns to be in the promotional images, which (while dumb) I can live with as long as they are included with the actual piece of merchandise, but to cut them from the releases is just totally insane. Especially for these characters.

It’s one thing to not include them in what are clearly meant to be children’s toys. I mean nerf guns and whatnot litter the toy isles, but I can somewhat understand the concern of glorifying weapons for kids. But the items aimed for adults (like $250+ Hot Toys and statues from an R rated movie ) should come with them. Unadvertised, again fine, but ultimately stupid as kids certainly aren’t buying them. The whole thing is rather insulting. If guns are such an issue for them, maybe don’t have their characters use them at all. We just want accurate representations of the characters and the objects they interacted with. If they used guns, we want to be able to recreate those moments. And where does it end? Can Mr. Freeze not have his freeze gun now? It doesn’t shoot bullets but is technically a gun. Is that why they haven’t teased an Arkham Freeze figure to go with XE Batman?

I suppose it’s the whole double standard that bothers me. They’ll keep using guns in their media but as long as their products don’t come with them, that’s apparently alright. I could even understand no heroes can come with guns, but the bad guys are always going to use them. Taking them away from them just seems silly. I mean it’s their property and they can do as they seem fit with it, but it’s an illogical move that isn’t going to help end the gun debate in the world.

And now we’ve got playmobile making James Bond items so who knows what’s going on in the toy isle anymore :lol

It’s one thing to not include them in what are clearly meant to be children’s toys. I mean nerf guns and whatnot litter the toy isles, but I can somewhat understand the concern of glorifying weapons for kids. But the items aimed for adults (like $250+ Hot Toys and statues from an R rated movie ) should come with them. Unadvertised, again fine, but ultimately stupid as kids certainly aren’t buying them. The whole thing is rather insulting. If guns are such an issue for them, maybe don’t have their characters use them at all. We just want accurate representations of the characters and the objects they interacted with. If they used guns, we want to be able to recreate those moments. And where does it end? Can Mr. Freeze not have his freeze gun now? It doesn’t shoot bullets but is technically a gun. Is that why they haven’t teased an Arkham Freeze figure to go with XE Batman?

I suppose it’s the whole double standard that bothers me. They’ll keep using guns in their media but as long as their products don’t come with them, that’s apparently alright. I could even understand no heroes can come with guns, but the bad guys are always going to use them. Taking them away from them just seems silly. I mean it’s their property and they can do as they seem fit with it, but it’s an illogical move that isn’t going to help end the gun debate in the world.

And now we’ve got playmobile making James Bond items so who knows what’s going on in the toy isle anymore :lol

I was catching up on this thread and about to post similar thoughts but you beat me to it. No wonder HT has only shown the King Shark prototype. :slap

So, plasma cannons and rocket launchers should fall under this weapons ban, correct? Seems like it's only a matter of time before those are deleted from the Cyborg release. Sorry Snyderverse fans! :rotfl

Last edited:
Deadshot's job is going to get harder.

In fact, he's going to be out of work if he's reduced to a pocketknife. lol

deadshot_dc-comics_gallery_5c80620b3d78a.jpg

Wait, what?

Warner/DC banned their merchandise from having guns? What kind of dumb***-move is that? It's not like it's a children's movie anyway?

By today's logic you'd seriously start to wonder how in the world it's possible that my generation (35-ish) grew up to be that age at all. Back then everything came with guns, swords and other kinds of weaponry... TMNT, MOTU, G.I. Joe, Thundercats, etc. Everything came heavilly armed. Sure most of the guns were somekind of sci-fi laser gun, but look at that GIF of Bloodsport and tell me that looks like a realistic gun... :slap

Seriously, the state of mankind these days...
They've been allowed in some but not in the marketing, so it's unclear how that will affect Hot Toys since they haven't had a DC one in a while.

I like the red dress look too but to me the beginning of the movie video game inspired look is the best by a long long mile. It’s less logical for them to make that over the red dress look but if they do it’s the one and only Harley I’ll ever need to own
They're more likely to make both versions anyway before we see anyone else made (King Shark the exception).

Guys, they can't market the guns.

But they can still include them in the final products, just not in marketing/promotional images.

Oh! I know what they'll do. They'll make the guns a Sideshow deluxe timed exclusive. :devilish:

Guys, they can't market the guns.

But they can still include them in the final products, just not in marketing/promotional images.
So no idea what you are getting till they are in hand?

There is some dumb people making decisions over there. I bet the figure makers are like, "You want us to do what?"

WB: Let's make a character duel wield-guns, duel-wielding guns is cool!
Toy Manufacturer: Wow, that character duel-wielding guns is cool!
WB: Right?
Toy Manufacturer: Right on! Let's make a toy of it duel-wielding those guns!
WB: Guns are bad m'kay.

The weaponry was omitted from a lot of promotions for the film as well (e.g. ads, spots).

BTW, I'm getting a real Dorf vibe off of that Weta Joker there.

WB: Let's make a character duel wield-guns, duel-wielding guns is cool!
Toy Manufacturer: Wow, that character duel-wielding guns is cool!
WB: Right?
Toy Manufacturer: Right on! Let's make a toy of it duel-wielding those guns!
WB: Guns are bad m'kay.
Lmao…. I swear this company is so stupid. More then half of the characters they have are equipped with duel guns or huge guns. Marvel are the characters that don’t have many gun characters but they happily give Spider-Man a gun

The weaponry was omitted from a lot of promotions for the film as well (e.g. ads, spots).

BTW, I'm getting a real Dorf vibe off of that Weta Joker there.
Now I can’t unsee Dort…and like that, it went from good to bad.

Last edited:
Back