Hot Toys The Suicide Squad speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While chances are HT will only produce 2-3 figures from the movie, In order of preference:
  1. Harley Red & Black—will make a great companion piece to 1st SS Harley. 90% probability.
  2. Bloodsport—helmeted and unhelmeted. Should come with weapons including the mega gun from Starro battle (but if DC bans I'm sure a 3rd party would produce). 50% probability.
  3. Peacemaker—helmeted/unhelmeted. 60% probability.
  4. Polka-Dot Man—Light up dots. Goggles. 10% probability.
  5. Ratcatcher 2—waving Sebastian on shoulder. 10% probability.
  6. King Shark—proto looks good, but who knows if it will ever be released.
  7. Red Dress Harley—weathered and torn so it doesn't look like a Barbie. Javelin accessory. 60% probability.
  8. The Thinker—would make a cool figure even though the chemical vials on his head were never explained. Medium sized Starro accessory or giant Starro arm base. 5% probability.
No doubt the best chances for Polka-Dot Man, Ratcatcher 2 and The Thinker would be through an unlicensed company. I think there was a 3rd Party Flag from the first Suicide Squad, so maybe that one will be redone with new outfit.
Figures should come with one or two small Starros.

Products for ages 15 and up should be exempt from the ban How can they forsake adult collectors like this?

If they don't want their characters depicted with guns....then why are they depicting their characters with guns?! 😡

Apparently this is performing even worse than Birds of Prey at the box office. Bummer.
I mean, we are in a pandemic and it’s an R rated movie. I don’t think anyone was expecting big numbers.

Black Widow made good first week numbers all things considered, but dropped fast week 2.

Jungle Cruise hasn’t made a lot.

Fast and Furious did decent, but that also had big numbers in China helping. Neither Black Widow or SS have opened in China i believe.

This gun ban mandate on their figures is the dumbest BS. Truly living in 🤡🌎
That alone could prevent HT from making these. Like the McFarlane figures a Peacemaker with a big sword? No thanks. At first I thought it was no guns for ads and promo materials for the figures but based on the McFarlane and funko pops, definitely a total ban. Good job DC/Warner. Get woke, go broke

I think there was a 3rd Party Flag from the first Suicide Squad, so maybe that one will be redone with new outfit.
It's a pretty good figure. He was great in this movie. He and Ratcatcher 2 really stood out to me. Hopefully if HT doesn't make them, someone else will.

Apparently this is performing even worse than Birds of Prey at the box office. Bummer.
I was hesitant about going back to the cinema but I'm glad I made the jump and went to see this. After 18 months of watching films on streaming platforms it was a welcome change and a great experience.

Saying that there's not a lot more I plan on seeing at the cinema this year. Covid just brought forward how people's viewing habits would change.

Although I enjoyed the flick, I can't say I enjoyed my cinema experience - too cold because of excessive air conditioning and the majority of people were without masks, which I found rather disconcerting. Add in the cost, effort and having to endure 25 additional minutes of ads & trailers and I rather wish I had waited for the home 4K release instead (I would have jumped on a streaming option but that wasn't available in the UK). I'm certainly no rush to get back to the cinema and that's probably me done until Spidey at Christmas, assuming it doesn't get pushed back...although I might venture out for Bond if the reviews are favourable. However, if there's the option for watching both of those flicks at home on (or shortly after) release date, then all bets are off.

Anyway, like just about everyone else I'm not expecting much from Hot Toys for TSS. Hope for the best, expect the worst etc.

They made 3 versions of her from Suicide Squad and are making 2 more from BoP, and IMO her look at the start of this movie would sell as well as the first SS version and probably outsell all of the subsequent versions combined. I won't be shocked if HT doesn't make it (I've been collecting too long for that lol), but it still seems pretty likely.
I agree it is likely but it is HT so who really knows what they will and won't make. I refuse to get my hope up until they announce a figure anymore.

I don't collect DC figures but would love to see Peace Maker being made, because of John Cena lol.

It's already made.. just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.
Made? Perhaps.
Will the prototype ever be shown after the movie’s new classification as “box office disappointment? Probably not.
Will the figure actually ever be RELEASED? Definitely not.

Made? Perhaps.
Will the prototype ever be shown after the movie’s new classification as “box office disappointment? Probably not.
Will the figure actually ever be RELEASED? Definitely not.

It's already released, you just can't see it.

I was entertained (mostly) throughout the movie. Much better than the first.

Those that want to poke fun at the Box Office Numbers (because they didn't like it) well...COVID scares, ability to stream as well....what do you expect? I think Marvel is about to be stung by similar numbers because I don't think many will be going to see Shang-Chi or Eternals in the theater.

Theaters by the way, giving no incentive to get you into the theater either. 2 tickets for Black Widow almost cost me as much as it would have for Disney+ Premier Access.

NOW - I would buy Bloodsport, King Shark FIRST Harley suit and Peacemaker. No gun accessories would be dumb....DC, you allow an R rated film but draw the line at guns, eh? To be fair, I think that rule is just for their in-store smaller action figures.

Funny NOTE - Peacemaker did use a sword at one point in the movie (an axe as well)!

Back