Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on these pics I don?t like it. Will likely cancel my paid off PO. The sculpt is just way too off compared to the SS one. Sure this one you can pose which is awesome, but like someone called it...he looks like a cabbage patch. Features are just way off. That being said I will wait for some in hand reviews before deciding

Charsi115-2021-Feb-08.jpg

Like others are saying, it's a big improvement from the proto, and I love all the fun poses it appears you can put him in, but it still looks a bit too cute and idealized for my taste.

At the relatively low price of these life size pieces I don’t even know why people are thinking there’s even a choice in the matter between Sideshow or Hot Toys.... just get both!

I did the same with Groot, but in that case the Hot Toys easily trumped the Sideshow version.

But damn, accurate or not, this thing is cute.

And I just love this photo with Groot, with their respective ships behind them.

52A5B035-B89C-481A-A32C-1D4236A5E0F6.jpeg

The problem is the Sideshow version is just vastly superior in terms of likeness. I don't understand how you could look at both and choose the HT unless articulation is the most important thing to you.

I don't see how you can look at both and say one is "vastly superior"?
Saying that makes it sound like the Hot Toys one looks like Yoda from Return of the Jedi, lol.

The are both off in their own ways.

Sideshow failed in the fixed pose and in-ability to move the head from an upward position.
Hot Toys failed with the ear seams.

Hot toys and sideshow both have issues.
Sideshow the cheeks were a bit too small, and the mouth was a bit too frog like, head a bit too flat.

Hot toys seems to have tried to fix these issues and instead overcompensated. Cheeks are too big, and the mouth is too smooth, looks like a human baby rather than an alien. Head is too round.

I don't see how you can look at both and say one is "vastly superior"?
Saying that makes it sound like the Hot Toys one looks like Yoda from Return of the Jedi, lol.

The are both off in their own ways.

Sideshow failed in the fixed pose and in-ability to move the head from an upward position.
Hot Toys failed with the ear seams.

It’s classified as a statue............so what do you expect.

I will admit this looks better than the prototype to me eye. There are a couple photos in there that actually look pretty decent, but overall it's just still not there for me. It does look cuter and yet still creepy at the same time compared to the proto. :lol

To my eye Sideshow is still the clear winner in almost every aspect. One of the big things people seem to ding Sideshow for is articulation, but is that even fair when it was marketed as a statue? Unless that's your personal preference in deciding between the 2 then sure. I should actually be getting the Sideshow in hand today so it'll be nice to finally take a look at that in person.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable side by side photo.

Yes definitely very cute looking, but like so many have said, how can they articulate the mouth and not the ears slightly to avoid swap out pieces and seams ???

I'm looking forward to the side by side comparison videos and unboxing videos generally for more info on articulation range etc.

I must say if he's anything like 1:1 Baby Groot then he'll be great !! That guy fits in anywhere !

147756388_10157818220377344_5935936233873898682_o.jpg

Yes definitely very cute looking, but like so many have said, how can they articulate the mouth and not the ears slightly to avoid swap out pieces and seams ???

I'm looking forward to the side by side comparison videos and unboxing videos generally for more info on articulation range etc.

I must say if he's anything like 1:1 Baby Groot then he'll be great !! That guy fits in anywhere !

View attachment 505671

Very true. So much so that I got two of the Hot Toys version (As well as the one from Sideshow), so that I could have one displayed with and without the Ravager outfit.

I like this one best, although the SSC one is no slouch. I prefer his lowered ears, and what about those feets....? <3

He's seriously tempting me. AFTER I said I had the life-size plush, and one Grogu was enough. Haha.

I like this one best, although the SSC one is no slouch. I prefer his lowered ears, and what about those feets....? <3

He's seriously tempting me. AFTER I said I had the life-size plush, and one Grogu was enough. Haha.

Yeah, in the same boat. The cuteness of this one and the ability to pose him seated has me leaning toward getting this even though I "swore" that the Sideshow was the only one I needed! If I had to choose just one, I still think the Sideshow has this one beat slightly on accuracy. If the choice was on cuteness though, this one would take the top.

It?s classified as a statue............so what do you expect.

I never said it wasn't a statue. But unless you have it sitting on the floor the head angle doesn't work great for display.

Sideshow took the time and made the statue so you can articulate the head left and right, so a little more engineering by putting it on a ball joint instead of a swivel would have done wonders.

I have mine displayed on a side table and the angle of the head works perfectly fine. No need to put him on the ground, unless you happen to only be 3 feet tall or something.

I have mine displayed on a side table and the angle of the head works perfectly fine. No need to put him on the ground, unless you happen to only be 3 feet tall or something.

I have mine on my lowest shelf, which is about a foot off the ground. It works perfectly. There are statues that only work up high (Boba Fett ESB Premium Format) , Jango Premium Format, but very few that work best on the low shelves. Glad little Grogu fits that bill. Still will likely double up on the HT version though...

I have mine on my lowest shelf, which is about a foot off the ground. It works perfectly. There are statues that only work up high (Boba Fett ESB Premium Format) , Jango Premium Format, but very few that work best on the low shelves. Glad little Grogu fits that bill. Still will likely double up on the HT version though...

This is the way.

Back