Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully you guys that are getting both will be posting some comparison shots soon. I’m leaning towards SS’s because I think he looks better but the articulation factor of HT’s is really pulling at me. I just hate those ear seams most of all.

I?ll definitely put up some comparison pics when I get mine in. Bought both specifically for that and whichever is the better I?ll keep.

I don't see how you can look at both and say one is "vastly superior"?
Saying that makes it sound like the Hot Toys one looks like Yoda from Return of the Jedi, lol.

The are both off in their own ways.

Sideshow failed in the fixed pose and in-ability to move the head from an upward position.
Hot Toys failed with the ear seams.

Sorry but the likeness of the Sideshow is vastly superior. But if you don't like statues(and the Sideshow is a statue, says so in the product description) then you won't want to buy it.

Don't get why there is need to apologize for liking the SS more.

Then again... i wouldn't go into a Mercedes Dealership and say BMW is better.

To each their own. I ordered the HT and am glad it turned out great. The SS came out great as well apart from the paint.

We should be happy there are 2 great products on the market, and there is no need to knock the other to justify your purchase.

Sorry but the likeness of the Sideshow is vastly superior. But if you don't like statues(and the Sideshow is a statue, says so in the product description) then you won't want to buy it.

Your perception of "vastly superior" is your subjective perspective, not a fact.

Your perception of "vastly superior" is your subjective perspective, not a fact.

I suppose that goes without saying. But you could make the same statement about the original Sideshow Luke ROTJ vs. the recent HT version too, and also just claim opinion:dunno

Sideshow?s looks cuter, but this Hot Toys version looks more accurate to the show. For example the ears on the Sideshow version are smaller.

My brother has the sideshow grogu in hand it it's fantastic. To me I think it looks a lot more accurate to the actual puppet.

Sideshow kills the Hot Toys for accuracy.

It's sculpted by Legacy themselves.

Judging by the prototype, Hot Toys skin tone is far more accurate though (and the fact that it's a figure, not a statue...).

For me, I couldn't live with the HT lines on the ears, which is why I went with the SSC.

Last edited:
I have the sideshow figure already but this turned out pretty well. Dont think I'll pick this up though. Maybe when the do the 2.0 version though or if I get a big discount on the ht version.

I just can?t stand that look with him basically biting his bottom lip. Many think it?s ?cute? it really throws off the likeness for me.

Don't get why there is need to apologize for liking the SS more.

Then again... i wouldn't go into a Mercedes Dealership and say BMW is better.

To each their own. I ordered the HT and am glad it turned out great. The SS came out great as well apart from the paint.

We should be happy there are 2 great products on the market, and there is no need to knock the other to justify your purchase.

This seems to be a case where it?s a ?hot toys good, sideshow bad? scenario with some. Brand loyalty sometimes can cause blindness.

I have to admit it does look pretty cool in that video, and all the different poses and expressions you can achieve with it kinda makes up for the seams and slightly cartoonish sculpt.

I'm digging this. I keep thinking that they'll make another version at some point that will be even better. I can't believe this will be a one and done. So it's tempting to hold off.

Back