Hot Toys: The Mandalorian The Child Life-Size Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a post on OSR:

Jesse Lo
6 hrs

Just paid the new store a visit.

To answer some of the questions:

1. Baby yoda

Staff said Baby yoda does not have multiple head sculpt. The reason why the mouth looks different is because the mouth is stretchable. Meaning you can open it or close it with your hands however you like.

But since this is not final, there is no announcement on the changes yet and we won’t know for sure until there’s announcement or when final product is out.

Damn, stretchable mouth. That I'd like to see.

Sure it's questionable with potential cracking depending on the material. Perhaps that's what they are testing now ??

edit : Don't know if I actually believe that post about stretchable mouth at all to be honest.

I'm probably in the minority here, but prefer this over SS, ear seams and all.
No over-pink, sculpt looks spot on, and the way the robe sits on him is very screen accurate. SS shows too much neck, and despite having a full body, robe looks deflated. HT used different fabric which looks like a better choice overall.

I'm probably in the minority here, but prefer this over SS, ear seams and all.
No over-pink, sculpt looks spot on, and the way the robe sits on him is very screen accurate. SS shows too much neck, and despite having a full body, robe looks deflated. HT used different fabric which looks like a better choice overall.

That's because nobody is futzing it properly and just showing it straight out of the box, if you watch Justin's video he futzes the collar properly.

Rubbing it off with their fingers. Which is odd because what, no clearcoat or some paint seal..?

The HT has better likeness.

Hot Toys has nowhere near the better likeness imo, the Sideshow version is literally made in partnership with Legacy Effects, who created The Child :lol. Hot Toys looks like a doll. Sideshows looks like the real deal.

Rubbing it off with their fingers. Which is odd because what, no clearcoat or some paint seal..?

The HT has better likeness.

One hundo agree with you. Partnership with Legacy or not, Legacy didn't manufacture it, and, per usual, SS dropped the ball.

Back