Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that we have a year+ to wait for release, it time to come to terms with the size of the Speeder. During the reveal it's plain to see that at 1/6 scale this bike is quite large...

SB Dimensions:
Height: 6.69" (169.93 mm) | Width: 4.33" (109.98 mm) | Depth: 20.67" (525.02 mm) This puppy needs space!

So, it's obvious I'll need to be looking for a sealed, dust resistant display unit. After a quick look at Ikea's online catalog, the Besta cabs seem to have the necessary dimensions to hold it. I know it's not HT largest 1/6 vehicle (BB Tumbler?), but I'd like keep it enclosed and protected on the shelf, and still have a shelf or two above or below like maybe a 3 shelf Besta frame with glass doors?

Has anyone thought about how they plan to display the Speederbike and what commercially available cabinets they plan to use? I would truly value and appreciate hearing your thoughts. Thanks!

If you don't mind waiting and the expense, there's Moducases.

Now that we have a year+ to wait for release, it time to come to terms with the size of the Speeder. During the reveal it's plain to see that at 1/6 scale this bike is quite large...

SB Dimensions:
Height: 6.69" (169.93 mm) | Width: 4.33" (109.98 mm) | Depth: 20.67" (525.02 mm) This puppy needs space!

So, it's obvious I'll need to be looking for a sealed, dust resistant display unit. After a quick look at Ikea's online catalog, the Besta cabs seem to have the necessary dimensions to hold it. I know it's not HT largest 1/6 vehicle (BB Tumbler?), but I'd like keep it enclosed and protected on the shelf, and still have a shelf or two above or below like maybe a 3 shelf Besta frame with glass doors?

Has anyone thought about how they plan to display the Speederbike and what commercially available cabinets they plan to use? I would truly value and appreciate hearing your thoughts. Thanks!

I use bookcases. A so called barrister bookcase - but it'll cost yah. The kind where the glass door lifts up.

Upside down aquarium if you have something that can take that kind of weight. U can search Amazon...I've seen people enclose coffee tables and use as display cases.

I?ll just put this on top oh my Detolfs.
I have all my Transformers Masterpiece, SH Figuarts and some HTs on top and they don?t get too much dust where I am.

Man though. Grail piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I plan on purchasing some wall mounted floating shelves for this set or the eventual ROJ speeder bike release.

I plan on purchasing some wall mounted floating shelves for this set or the eventual ROJ speeder bike release.

Yeah that would be good too.
This set definitely requires unique display options.

Thank you everyone for the recommendations and feedback!

I'm realizing adding larger pieces has sent a ripple through my plans for expanding the collection and I need to do some rethinking. It's really helpful to hear somethings I hadn't thought about, and given the fact my collection is relatively manageable at the moment, it's the perfect time to course correct.

I've been trying to make it through the Share your HT Star Wars collection Pics Thread? which is non-trivial at 443 pages whew, but super enjoyable. I'm humbled by everyone's collections shared in there. It represents a tremendous amount of effort and care taken for the subject matter and very inspiring. Thanks again, I really appreciate it!:wink1:

FB_IMG_1619422473307.jpgFB_IMG_1619422479352.jpg

Looks great. Love that weathering. I do not mind diapers since I can imagine sitting on that bike is kind of demanding for some body parts ...

This set looks great. I just ordered one and IG-11.

Now the serious question. Do I order a 2nd set or just a single trooper to go along with it? :D

8523a6886b366551034b9262ab006300.jpg

7925b1100e6fa959dfe570fffc03f26e.jpg

5d7e8f1692289072f4d9e391e6389e7e.jpg

df45c38738ec300cf9528f4aefa892a2.jpg

53c898073c7f62a8091e2af90860cac6.jpg

Some of my favourite pictures of the final product.
Overall, this is quite an amazing set. I am absolutely excited and impressed with all the detail HTs put into this. It looks exactly as advertised. I think the SideShow unboxing video really drove home how amazing this set is because we actually got to see the craftsmanship of the bike.

Really great! I think this will sell well and probably result in more IG-11 sales. I think I will just get this amazing set and than eventually get in on the eventual ROTJ Scout. ROTJ Scout will look slightly different (chest, diaper, less weathering) so I will have the two looks for the Scout.

Amazing set, love the bike, scout trooper, Grogu...
Definately a grail piece for me.

Only one bike for me but definitely 2 scouts. Anxious to see how this bike will look in its Endor camo colors.

Only one bike for me but definitely 2 scouts. Anxious to see how this bike will look in its Endor camo colors.

Wakes up, checks Facebook
Me: I am sad
Wife: what?s wrong?
Me: the mandalorian scout and speeder bike came out unbelievable.
Wife: is that bad?
Me: I wanted the rotj version. I am waiting to order that, it it could be a long time or never. This sucks.
Wife: you have serious issues if this is what upsets you. (smilies, as she thinks money is being saved).
Me: (smiles because the rotj version will cost her a fortune if it ever comes out).

Seriously, this set is a winner. So glad for everyone who is ordering.

I know it is an expensive set.
But those wanting the ROTJ, do you think you will lose money on this set? Or are you really against the white bike, trooper or both?

I think you can get it and be happy that it will not go down in price. Or just buy the ROTJ trooper without ROTJ bike, having the white Mando bike. I don?t know I think there are options.

Back