Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers :duff

I do really like the Sideshow Child too. I still think about getting a second and trying to mod into an articulated version as many others have. I'm a big fan of some of Sideshow's larger stuff like the Taun Taun, Rancor, Dewback, Jabba, etc. The bounty hunter line is very nice too, but be sure to get the V1 IG-88 if you ever pick them up.

That Tauntaun is definitely a dream figure for me, but I accept at current prices it?ll never happen. The Dewback looks stunning. Hopefully some day Sideshow puts some of the stuff out again. I guess I was just too late to the game for some of these spectacular pieces, and they can be really hard to pick up for reasonable prices outside of the US. I?ll be 100% honest the Child is my first ever SS piece, and I certainly was one of those responsible for a bit of Hot Toys snobbery before receiving it in hand. I had every intention of selling it, I only opened it up to check it was in one piece. Fell in love with it immediately, and that rarely happens to me with a figure. Not that I?m judging the Hot Toys one as an inferior piece (I haven?t seen it in hand yet), it?s just I feel the SS one ticks all the boxes for me.

Looks great, much prefer this look to the almost pristine Scouts from ROTJ.

This comes with a regular base too so no reason why Ahsoka Deluxe shouldn't :dunno

This looks great, but I really wish this was the rotj set. I would be in for multiple. The mandalorian version doesn?t interest me at all, but damn I am jealous this isn?t a rotj scout.

This is growing on me. While I thought I'd rather have the OT version, I've noticed that brighter = more noticeable. I've noticed that with the dark wood bookcase that I just sold, dark items can just disappear instead of standing out. Got new lack white shelving and the collectibles I have just pop out and are way more enjoyable. Thinking I like this speeder bike color more than the dark brown OT one now.

This looks fantastic. I went ahead and used a coupon on it and preordered. I think I’ll actually end up getting a second Scout too.

Looking great. Not to the announcement of the ROTJ version Hot Toys. We gotta get a couple rides for our Lukes and Leias.

Ya hadn't really considered this, but now I'm slowly warming up to it? Not sure how long the preorder will last... yep have to decide soon. :rolleyes2

Yeah, this looks stellar, though the "left in the oven too long" paint app on the Scout I don't love. It really doesn't look like weathering - more just slightly burnt. Same issue with the remnant trooper's app.

I will likely be getting this to turn into a Snowtrooper Hoth bike for my extra Snowie, though I do love the look of baby Yoda in the scout's bag - such a fun (and funny) image.

Yeah, this looks stellar, though the "left in the oven too long" paint app on the Scout I don't love. It really doesn't look like weathering - more just slightly burnt. Same issue with the remnant trooper's app.

I will likely be getting this to turn into a Snowtrooper Hoth bike for my extra Snowie, though I do love the look of baby Yoda in the scout's bag - such a fun (and funny) image.

...or to use with my Snowtrooper. Damn, that's actually a really cool idea.

If you have IG-11 coming, you got the funds, then just.....DEW IT!

All seriousness, I pray that they do come out with the ROTJ version, but seeing this just brought back such good memories, plus adding some new ones from Season 1 and 2 of The Mandalorian.

Some of the pros like so many of you have pointed out :
1 - If you do have IG-11 coming, than you have the option of interchangeability
2 - Very good 1/6 Grogu sculpt. The best one so far I think
3 - Having two stands
4 - One can attempt to convert to the Endor version. We might get the Endor version when Bespin Han, C-3PO, Death Star Trooper and General Grievous are released. God, at least one has to come out before I croak.
5 - Not really a pro, but the production number on this item may be low. Who knows with Hot Toys, but this will definitely be an item sought after.....especially if they do not drop the ROTJ version.

Is anyone going to convert this to the ROTJ version by chance?

Last edited:
I was thinking I might skip this, but after seeing this unboxing, this may be a "must purchase" now.

Back