Hot Toys - The Mandalorian - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike Set + The Child

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What gets me is that people are complaining about "having" to buy this set, as it's not the ROTJ bike.

It's white.

It's not going to spontaneously be the ROTJ bike when you open it. It's supposed to be the Mando edition, the one that's most recently been on people's screens, and the one that was part of a largely adored sequence. Which also means Grogu needs to be included.

Yes, HT will repaint this. Yes, the ROTJ version will come. But for now, this is the current look.

Now the change in appearance to the scout outfit... That's something, but that's also not HTs fault.

I think the only critical failure here is that they didn't release a stand alone bike. But even then, sell the trooper, sell Grogu and bag, and you'll probably come out with a pretty cheap bike.

The problem is they didn't offer the white bike individually or with IG-11 despite picturing him riding it while toting around Grogu in the bag :slap

Looking at the bike, very hard to tell if there's much improvement to Sideshow's version. Looking forward to a detailed preview and maybe a comparison in the near future.

Looking at the bike, very hard to tell if there's much improvement to Sideshow's version. Looking forward to a detailed preview and maybe a comparison in the near future.

If you can walk past it, stand on a creaky floorboard, and it not explode into a thousand pieces then it?s instantly better than the Sideshow version.

If you can walk past it, stand on a creaky floorboard, and it not explode into a thousand pieces then it?s instantly better than the Sideshow version.

The Sideshow speeder bike is actually pretty damn nice. I have a couple of them. I know Sideshow gonna Sideshow but credit where it's due. They have made some really nice toys over the years. Some of my favorite stuff in fact. My biggest issues with their stuff has usually been price and human sculpt likeness. They never got to HT level when it comes to paint and sculpted hair.

But anyway I still want to see HT ROTJ scouts and bikes.

Handle bars look better on the HT and looks like an excellent bike overall, though the fins on the front look to be connected to the bike with a rather large piece. Wonder if that's accurate to this Mando version. I'm tempted to pick one up as a preview of their ROTJ bike and to compare with my SS.

I really like the presence the size of the speeder gives. I don't want a big Batmobile, but a speeder this size looks pretty good. Might wait to get an ROTJ one. I did like the one Mando rode on, looked a little like the Shadows of the Empire one.

I really like the presence the size of the speeder gives. I don't want a big Batmobile, but a speeder this size looks pretty good. Might wait to get an ROTJ one. I did like the one Mando rode on, looked a little like the Shadows of the Empire one.

Thinking the same thing, I'll wait for the eventual ROTJ speeder bike.

The Sideshow speeder bike is actually pretty damn nice. I have a couple of them. I know Sideshow gonna Sideshow but credit where it's due. They have made some really nice toys over the years. Some of my favorite stuff in fact. My biggest issues with their stuff has usually been price and human sculpt likeness. They never got to HT level when it comes to paint and sculpted hair.

But anyway I still want to see HT ROTJ scouts and bikes.

:lol Just messing, I've never even owned it. Considered buying it a few times, just not at UK prices. I figure HT will eventually get around to making the ROTJ Speeder so at this stage might as well wait it out. I wish I'd picked up some of those SS ESB Bounty Hunters at retail while I had the chance. Btw I also just got the SS Child in hand and I have to admit I was totally wrong about it, it's a thing of beauty, so show accurate and the quality of the robe material is something else. I was a big defender of the Hot Toys version, now I'm not so sure I made the right call.

:lol Just messing, I've never even owned it. Considered buying it a few times, just not at UK prices. I figure HT will eventually get around to making the ROTJ Speeder so at this stage might as well wait it out. I wish I'd picked up some of those SS ESB Bounty Hunters at retail while I had the chance. Btw I also just got the SS Child in hand and I have to admit I was totally wrong about it, it's a thing of beauty, so show accurate and the quality of the robe material is something else. I was a big defender of the Hot Toys version, now I'm not so sure I made the right call.

Cheers :duff

I do really like the Sideshow Child too. I still think about getting a second and trying to mod into an articulated version as many others have. I'm a big fan of some of Sideshow's larger stuff like the Taun Taun, Rancor, Dewback, Jabba, etc. The bounty hunter line is very nice too, but be sure to get the V1 IG-88 if you ever pick them up.

La microcon pics are awful. Don't judge final product based on washed out pics.

Just watch the SSC reveal to get a good look at weathering and detailing on this....

Back