Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, that custom head addresses two issues with the factory version, though: 1. it is way too dark, and 2. it is way too tidy.

Hamill Hair.jpg

Thank you, irezumi!

I was planning on capturing a few hasty shots along the side of the road this morning, just to flex the creative muscles while I wait for Luke's friends to arrive... but then the parking lot at Robert Louis Stevenson Park was nearly empty, a rare occurrence. I thought I'd check it out to see if it had potential for photo locales.

Boy howdy!

I could only stay a short while owing to prior engagements, added to which it started raining, but I will definitely be going back!

Beautiful landscapes in these shots. Very cool photos.

Love the TFA headgear for Rey.

Also, I really prefer the TLJ Luke figure (to TFA Luke) but that outfit combined with Leia, and Han and Finn’s main TFA gear makes for a whole lot of dark hues. TFA Luke might still look better in a group shot, but it’s such an annoying figure and outfit to futz with and pose.

Rey looks really cool in your video. Makes me consider reposing.

Love the TFA headgear for Rey.

Also, I really prefer the TLJ Luke figure (to TFA Luke) but that outfit combined with Leia, and Han and Finn’s main TFA gear makes for a whole lot of dark hues. TFA Luke might still look better in a group shot, but it’s such an annoying figure and outfit to futz with and pose.
I've had Rey posed like this since i got her on release. I completely ignored the warning instructions about the dye might stain headsculpt. This is the way i like her set-up and don't plan to remove the head gear to check if there is any discolouration.

Nice!

Though he’s never met Finn and he didn’t seem to want much to do with Rey when he met her, so cut them out of the photo, substitute BB-8 for R2, and your caption would be a lot more accurate. :lol
Same applies to most people on Facebook, but they still call em friends:1-1:

I was on the trail at Robert Louis Stevenson Park before 6:00 this morning, and didn't get back to my car until nearly noon; it was a fantastic morning. I had no idea how majestic this place is!

I brought along Luke and another toy that I'll reveal later, but I haven't edited the shots of the two of them together yet, so for now here are highlights from the rest of the shoot.

Oneiromancy I.jpgEvery Time I Stumbled and Fell, Something in Me Hardened, Became Worse I.jpgAll Mourning Long I.jpgAll Mourning Long IX 1.jpg

(I wish there were a way to reduce the size of these photos; it's a bit much).

Beautiful!
Your images are always an inspiration!
My Wife and i went to the Isle of Skye last summer, and spent my time taking pics of the two figures i brought with me in front of the majestic landscape, lol.

Thanks, guys! Man, I'd love to visit the Isle of Skye! Which toys did you photograph there, Username?

Congratulations, slikkerias! I hope you enjoy this figure as much as I have. Also, your photo reminds me I need to capture some shots of him wearing his poncho. (I also haven't photographed his porg yet, but I'm still hoping to acquire Rey, so I'll wait until I have three porgs to add as background detail).

I was on the trail at Robert Louis Stevenson Park before 6:00 this morning, and didn't get back to my car until nearly noon; it was a fantastic morning. I had no idea how majestic this place is!

I brought along Luke and another toy that I'll reveal later, but I haven't edited the shots of the two of them together yet, so for now here are highlights from the rest of the shoot.

Those pics are awesome!! :clap Looking forward to seeing the rest of them! :yess:

Finally arrived. What an incredible figure.

:exactly: Nice pic btw! :)

Thanks, guys! Man, I'd love to visit the Isle of Skye! Which toys did you photograph there, Username?

It's a beautiful place. But as you know, the world is full of beautiful places, just around the corner.
We managed to have a week there where the weather was unseasonably warm. I have spent whole weeks there where it never stopped raining(The "perks" of staying in Scotland, lol).
I only took my "Travelling Matt" figure(The guy on the 1/6 scale Bench i posted a few pages back), and a custom Destiny Warlock i put together(Mostly a Gi Joe Storm Shadow with different helmet, gloves, boots and weapon).

6363FB03-8B44-4CEB-ACCB-1AEEB7DF0E92.jpg

962C3607-9359-4CFB-AC00-9C13EE1D2F2B.jpg

Irony of ironies, these are the only pics i took of the Old Man Of Storr(The spire of rock, off in the background). I think this is the setting from the beginning of Prometheus, when they find the cave.

91B1A090-1027-4FC6-968B-D8309735CF07.jpg

ED3E91C6-BA15-4C2A-9E1E-D0C9638E5A96.jpg

Apologies for this image. The straps of my backpack are in the background. Also, you can see his stand. I use a waist grabber with a sharpened piece of threaded rod in it, that i can sink into the ground so he doesn't fall over on uneven ground.

8515A694-9B83-46CA-B657-58BCF461E3DC.jpg

79944DEA-A1F6-4B73-81A6-89D721923F2D.jpg

23C6D4BC-CDC7-43A2-AEB4-224D31B6523D.jpg

Thanks, Baggins! Here's a link to all my Tolkien-inspired photos, and the album coincidentally includes a photo of the toy I photographed Luke with (mystery!):

https://flic.kr/s/aHsk9xW73C

Username, those photos are lovely! And I'll see your backpack straps and visible stand and raise you this hilarious snafu from yesterday:

Panorama Snafu.jpg

I was trying to capture a panoramic shot, when the breeze suddenly toppled Luke and I hastily lunged for him. So now we all know what it looks like when you frantically drop your phone in the middle of a panoramic scan, ha ha.

Also, man, I don't know what a Destiny Warlock is, but that figure looks rad! What are the boots from? Perhaps it's just because I've had Star Wars on the brain so much lately, but it almost looks to me like a startlingly original aesthetic for a Sith character; a white-clad Sith would be a trip.

Back