Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe Rouge One is not the case, the film was beautiful made and well recieved even among most hardcore OT fans here. Even myself not that hardcore but have re-watched 5 times already.
I feel like part of the reason for that is that Rogue One played itself pretty safe in regards to feeling like an offshoot of the Original Trilogy in tone and look/feel. Sure there were aspects about it that were different but it manages to capture a lot of aspects of the other films. Not to say it isn’t a good film and I like it but I think that’s more the reason why people like it.

What’s funny to me is that with The Force Awakens people complained that it was too much of a retread of the Original Trilogy and this film comes along and turns a lot of what we thought upside down and people now seem to dislike it for being different.

I feel like part of the reason for that is that Rogue One played itself pretty safe in regards to feeling like an offshoot of the Original Trilogy in tone and look/feel. Sure there were aspects about it that were different but it manages to capture a lot of aspects of the other films. Not to say it isn’t a good film and I like it but I think that’s more the reason why people like it.

What’s funny to me is that with The Force Awakens people complained that it was too much of a retread of the Original Trilogy and this film comes along and turns a lot of what we thought upside down and people now seem to dislike it for being different.

This film isn’t different, it’s detached.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I loved Luke in this movie.

Now, I'm just waiting for Hot Toys to give us his "other" outfit.

I agree regarding R1. Like you said earlier, I've also come to conclusion as well that many people are simply never going to be satisfied with anything SW that doesn't recapture the "magic" of the OT and make them feel the way they did when they watched the OT as a kid. Which is fine, I don't blame them. I grew up with the OT as well and regardless if any other SW film is fundamentally a better film, none of them will come close to the OT for me because that's what left an impression on me. R1 was directly tied to the OT and had the same look and feel as you mentioned, so it had that in its favor.

I agree regarding TFA. It's funny how people want SW to feel like the OT, and when the ST borrows the same themes from the OT, they complain because it was just like the OT and not different. Then when it's different, they complain it was too different. Seems kind of fickle to me.

I agree regarding R1. Like you said earlier, I've also come to conclusion as well that many people are simply never going to be satisfied with anything SW that doesn't recapture the "magic" of the OT and make them feel the way they did when they watched the OT as a kid. Which is fine, I don't blame them. I grew up with the OT as well and regardless if any other SW film is fundamentally a better film, none of them will come close to the OT for me because that's what left an impression on me. R1 was directly tied to the OT and had the same look and feel as you mentioned, so it had that in its favor.

I agree regarding TFA. It's funny how people want SW to feel like the OT, and when the ST borrows the same themes from the OT, they complain because it was just like the OT and not different. Then when it's different, they complain it was too different. Seems kind of fickle to me.

The reason people want it to be like the OT is because the OT had a smooth plot throughout that was engaging, developed the main characters and made sense. The ST just doesn’t make sense. It’s a complete mess.

The reason people want it to be like the OT is because the OT had a smooth plot throughout that was engaging, developed the main characters and made sense. The ST just doesn’t make sense. It’s a complete mess.

I'd almost guarantee that if it was the OT that came out today in place of the ST, people would still find a reason to dislike it and say that it sucks.

They want it to feel like the OT because the OT is what they grew up with and left the biggest emotional impression on them. Which I understand; nothing SW will come close to the OT for me, and I don't expect it to. The generation who grew up with the PT will likely feel the same way about the PT the way older folks feel about the OT.

I'd almost guarantee that if it was the OT that came out today in place of the ST, people would still find a reason to dislike it and say that it sucks.

They want it to feel like the OT because the OT is what they grew up with and left the biggest emotional impression on them. Which I understand; nothing SW will come close to the OT for me, and I don't expect it to. The generation who grew up with the PT will likely feel the same way about the PT the way older folks feel about the OT.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and yes I did grow up with the OT so that probably has a bearing on things. However, when I think about the OT and in particular ANH and ESB, I just can't fault the plot, pacing or character arcs. ROTJ has a few issues such as Boba's death, a slow second act, ewoks instead of Wookiees and Harrison's performance, but those pale into comparison the blatant issues with the PT, the ST and even R1.

This film isn’t different, it’s detached.

Detached is spot on.

In Star Wars, in regards to the OT, you have perfection. The characters, the story and emotional connection.

These are the reasons this franchise is worshipped.

So along comes Rhianna and his big bulldozer and makes a big steaming **** of a movie, so he can be different.

No. It was just insulting and I see it in no way shape or form as any kind of continuity in story of the holy trilogy I grew up with. #notmystarwars

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, and yes I did grow up with the OT so that probably has a bearing on things. However, when I think about the OT and in particular ANH and ESB, I just can't fault the plot, pacing or character arcs. ROTJ has a few issues such as Boba's death, a slow second act, ewoks instead of Wookiees and Harrison's performance, but those pale into comparison the blatant issues with the PT, the ST and even R1.

Don't forget Stormtroopers wearing armor seemingly getting permanently knocked out of a fight after getting pelted with a stone. :lol

I thought the second act in ESB was a little slow as well. It remains my favorite SW film though.

In Star Wars, in regards to the OT, you have perfection. The characters, the story and emotional connection.

It was just insulting and I see it in no way shape or form as any kind of continuity in story of the holy trilogy I grew up with. #notmystarwars

Sounds about right.

Still getting this figure but thought the movie was only OK. Probably the only thing I am getting.

People are allowed to like or dislike a movie.

But the hyperbole I am seeing in these threads is really getting ridiculous.

After watching the film last night, I am going through the TLJ figure threads once more to see if I really "need" any of them in my collection.

This Luke is preferable to TFA Luke but not a must-have. Perhaps a couple of years from now, when it's on sale or someone is dumping it for a good price, in the For Sale thread, I may be tempted.

The figure looks nice, just not the rendition of Luke that I'm wanting, at the moment.

Thank you. I'm going page to page expecting to see "Rian Johnson raped my childhood."

:rotfl

Ya can’t rape a corpse! Big Daddy Lucas dug it out of the ground and sold the rotting filth to a big, weird mouse and his boy Rian’s running train. #ThatNecroLife

People are allowed to like or dislike a movie.

But the hyperbole I am seeing in these threads is really getting ridiculous.

:exactly:

Thank you. I'm going page to page expecting to see "Rian Johnson raped my childhood."

Right? :lol

Given the hysteria of some of these responses, you'd think they were hyperventilating as they were typing it.

sheldon-hyperventilating-big-bang-theory.gif

Yeah I dont think its that bad, Luke was definitely the best part and I can appreciate what they did with him. I want this fig and another of his more special look as well, my shelf would look great with rotj, that other look and this figure as a final version

I think this figure is an excellent likeness of Hamill/old Luke.

This head sculpt is better than TFA but the whole hermit vibe just sat wrong. It needs an alternate universe version with a look more in keeping with the Skywalker from my childhood.

Back