Hot Toys The Last Jedi Luke Skywalker 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel ya WG... it's not ideal, but I want to represent this flawed version in my collection nevertheless.

And to think, Mark Hamill has been warning us for months that he didn't agree with Rian Johnston's take on his character.

I didn't want to believe him.

He looks interesting here, though a bit LOTR...

25358360_1528636250538311_1754062965915177625_o.jpg

Wish he had a walrus titty.

I loved Luke in this film even if it wasn't the character he became in the EU and didn't fulfill what I had imagined in my head since childhood. The figure will be a tough choice, though, given his role in the film. If they did a version of his end of film look, that would make it even tougher.

I didn’t have a problem with the film or Luke but I’ve come to the conclusion that a lot of people just are never going to be satisfied with anything Star Wars offers that isn’t the Original Trilogy.

I didn’t have a problem with the film or Luke but I’ve come to the conclusion that a lot of people just are never going to be satisfied with anything Star Wars offers that isn’t the Original Trilogy.

THIS. I have an open mind with Star Wars, recognize its MANY flaws, but honestly just enjoy all the movies. To be honest my main two gripes with the ST are: too many human characters and not enough cool new alien characters (in fact a lot of the background aliens all look very similar to me); and no cool creatures like the wampa or Hutts.

Saved me about $250. God that movie was awful. I could list a near endless array of problems and inconsistencies. Super disappointed. I was so invested in the characters from Force Awakens. One of the worst flicks I've seen in a while. Killer sculpt on the figure though. I'll never own it.

Totally agree. Star Wars isn’t high art. People take it way too seriously. It just a fun space opera that operates on wonder and nostalgia. I loved TLJ. It had me on the edge of my seat. I can’t wait to see it again.

The thing about the new films in comparison to the original trilogy - and I count the prequels as part of the new films, even though they are almost twenty years old now - is that the new films were made as entertainments, with the blockbuster mentality, while the originals were made very traditionally as 'proper' films. As such, the original films have a very strong focus on character and narrative and plot progression above all else, while the newer films have spectacle and a fast pace at the forefront. Because of that choice the originals have a sense of gravitas that the newer films just can't achieve, and frankly, with modern storytelling trends, don't seem all that interested in anyway.

I enjoy the new films for what they are (some more than others), but they are a different era and a different mindset, with different, and forgive me for saying so, more shallow intentions. The originals were films first, and that's why they endure, these are disposable entertainments, designed to provide a couple of hours of moderate fun, fill a gap and lead to the next one. They are product first, with franchise goals, not specific filmic intentions as their guiding force.

My perspective on things, anyway.

I believe Rouge One is not the case, the film was beautiful made and well recieved even among most hardcore OT fans here. Even myself not that hardcore but have re-watched 5 times already.

Up to this point we could agree we could no longer expect anything great from this Sequel anymore...but rather from the upcoming spin offs like Han Solo movie, Obiwan movie, and hopfully directed by talented director who actualy understand what is Star Wars is like Gareth Edwards....not from Lucasfilm itself, as their intention and direction is very clear now.

After seeing the film this is still a must for me i'll be ordering soon in no rush. Trying to rack up some reward points.

I really wanted to buy this. I'll probably get the TFA Luke since that's more of a real Jedi Master look that somewhat connects to the EU. Glad I waited to see the movie. Wow, that sucked.

I feel ya WG... it's not ideal, but I want to represent this flawed version in my collection nevertheless.

And to think, Mark Hamill has been warning us for months that he didn't agree with Rian Johnston's take on his character.

I didn't want to believe him.

I had a bad feeling about that. And I was right. Sad they did this to Luke and Han.

I'll be sticking to jedi luke. Despite how good this figure is.

Unless HT do another version from the film. That would be tempting.

Well I'm still getting this figure, since I loved Hamill's performance and thought his scenes were by far the best part of an otherwise disappointing movie. But I definitely won't be needing the Deluxe version, since I only remember him wearing the backpack for one scene.

Totally agree. Star Wars isn’t high art. People take it way too seriously. It just a fun space opera that operates on wonder and nostalgia. I loved TLJ. It had me on the edge of my seat. I can’t wait to see it again.

:lecture This^^

Back