Hot Toys The Force Awakens Exclusive Stormtrooper Squad Leader.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine to bend at the elbow pretty good. Sorry for the poor lighting image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You just need to cut through a black strip. It is not that hard to do. You will see the seam on the abdominal armor, put the knife into the seam and just cut down. It won't break it and still goes on the trooper and stays tight since there is another black strip on the opposite side holding the armor together.

I was able to pull the black part off of one half of the armor, no cutting needed, the glue isnt that strong, i did glue it back together after.

I was able to pull the black part off of one half of the armor, no cutting needed, the glue isnt that strong, i did glue it back together after.

Really? I tried that first and mine literally would not budge. I assumed it was like that with the others. Will update the guide and definitely try it with my next trooper. Thanks for the tip.

No problem. It took some gentle but firm working back and forth but once the glue started to let go it went fast.

That elbow articulation doesn't look too bad at all, Lee. And that's with no mods at all?

Yeah that's with no mods. Sorry to butt in, Lee's my brother and we share a collection, so figured I could speak for him.

WOW. Sideshow shipped this yesterday and it is due to arrive tomorrow...I thought they were closed this week?

For me, it's not so much a problem in achieving the poses with those rubber elbows and knees. It's a matter of keeping them safely in those poses without the risk of the rubber splitting/cracking over time in those poses. I think for a quick photo op it's OK, but I wouldn't leave them like that for extended periods.

Para,

Your pics are amazing. I was wondering if you could share what type of lens and aperture settings you use.

Hey paramore, did you take the fat suit off of your trooper? Your first set of pics shows his elbow bent a lot further that usual

Those look great together.

Those are mine. Soon! :)

They really compliment each other well.

Para,

Your pics are amazing. I was wondering if you could share what type of lens and aperture settings you use.

These were taken with a 50mm prime lens. Aperture varies quite a lot. Think these were f/3.

Hey paramore, did you take the fat suit off of your trooper? Your first set of pics shows his elbow bent a lot further that usual

Nope, no mods. He's all stock.

Back