Hot Toys The Falcon and the Winter Soldier - 1/6 Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if HT are waiting for Falcon Captain America to be revealed before releasing him. They could just release two versions his outfit now and his CA one after I mean we got that with Mando from S1 in his first armour and now his Beskar Armour.

I figure we'll only get one, probably with a shield - Falcon is expensive, even back for CW coz of the wings. I hope they don't cheap out and we get another Redwing.

I have no hope HT will make Zemo, so patiently waiting for a third party company to do so.

I figure we'll only get one, probably with a shield - Falcon is expensive, even back for CW coz of the wings. I hope they don't cheap out and we get another Redwing.
Yeah, and the one we get is going to bet CA Falcon. I love the Falcon costume in the show and would prefer to have it in my team Cap display, but I guess I'll take whatever Falcon I can get. Bucky will be jealous as the only non-Cap.

Announced tonight.

164149089_10157910440907344_5702334360389531203_o.jpg

163959969_10157910440962344_2179712254013995840_o.jpg

163295475_10157910440967344_4016417245186574970_o.jpg

163499251_10157910441222344_2543766131041071576_o.jpg

163591563_10157910440947344_7297376061108698062_o.jpg

UGGGGGGHHHHH HE IS GORGEOUS. i already own a Bucky tho!!! Lord save your erring child from yet another preorder!!!

You know who we need?? ZEMO

I haven't picked up any of the previous Falcons, because I wasn't too tempted by them, but now that my foray of heroes is growing I feel I'm gonna contemplate this upcoming version :lol

Pretty disappointed with the show sadly :( Hopefully s2 or the Cap movie is better and Bucky finally gets a proper hero costume. Think I’ll pass on this unless I can find it on the cheap

Pretty disappointed with the show sadly :( Hopefully s2 or the Cap movie is better and Bucky finally gets a proper hero costume. Think I’ll pass on this unless I can find it on the cheap

Yeah, the show was a letdown due to poor writing and it doesn't help that Bucky's outfit was just lame AF. I thought we'd get better character development with Bucky, but in the end the 1st episode was about as deep as it was gonna get.

Daredevil S1 is still the undisputed champ in terms of Marvel TV shows.

Yeah, the show was a letdown due to poor writing and it doesn't help that Bucky's outfit was just lame AF. I thought we'd get better character development with Bucky, but in the end the 1st episode was about as deep as it was gonna get.

Weird way to spell WandaVision :wink1:

May be a dumb question, but did anyone catch him using the gun he comes with? I remember the knife but not the gun

And is that even considered canon with the MCU?

Weird way to spell WandaVision :wink1:

May be a dumb question, but did anyone catch him using the gun he comes with? I remember the knife but not the gun

As I mentioned in the speculation thread the other day, he uses a machine gun briefly in Madripoor (when they leave the bar & are under attack), but it wasn't the same model. He took it from one of Selby's goons.

As I mentioned in the speculation thread the other day, he uses a machine gun briefly in Madripoor (when they leave the bar & are under attack), but it wasn't the same model. He took it from one of Selby's goons.

Thank you! I guess inaccurate is better than nothing lol

Now that the show has wrapped I feel the same way about this figure as I did when it was announced: too much money for too little. We can’t get a handgun like he actually used in the show? If he sits around like Infinity War Star-Lord and can end up being had from Hong Kong for close to or under $200 I would pick him up, but no way would I pay close to $300 with tax and shipping.

My fav MCU character WS and another fav character, so for me it was *painful*.:crying

Show wasn't what I was looking for at all; and I don't put stuff on the shelf where I think the characters are either nerfed (Bucky) or become unrecognizable in personality to the point I actually feel dislike (Falcon). I prefer a long hair more feral Bucky anyway; so I'm really gonna cherish what I already own.

I'd go for a Zemo tho.

My fav MCU character WS and another fav character, so for me it was *painful*.:crying

Show wasn't what I was looking for at all; and I don't put stuff on the shelf where I think the characters are either nerfed (Bucky) or become unrecognizable in personality to the point I actually feel dislike (Falcon). I prefer a long hair more feral Bucky anyway; so I'm really gonna cherish what I already own.

I'd go for a Zemo tho.

Oooph, sorry to hear since WS is your fav character. In my opinion, he was relegated to his sidekick role by the end of the series.

They really did his character a disservice. If I were Sebastian Stan I would actually walk away from this role since he was essentially robbed of the Cap mantle...and his character as is, is quite bland or boring.

Oooph, sorry to hear since WS is your fav character. In my opinion, he was relegated to his sidekick role by the end of the series.

They really did his character a disservice. If I were Sebastian Stan I would actually walk away from this role since he was essentially robbed of the Cap mantle...and his character as is, is quite bland or boring.

IMO he should...he's not known for being a set diva - described as being great to work with - so he's not gonna be the kind of actor/actress who demands better. I will say the show had a few glimpses of dry humor which is, I think, straight from the comics (Tales of Suspense Hawkeye and Winter Soldier is pretty funny for example). But this show had him so busy apologizing and repairing boats there wasn't space for much besides Sam's chronic angst.

Unfortunately Stan probably can't walk; just saw an end credit where "Sam and Bucky" will return, if it isn't a fake. Never thought I'd say this but under Malcom Spellman - I hope not. Cringe at the thought.:(

But they established that they were partners, Bucky was Sam equal and not a sidekick. Dude Steve choose Sam for the same reason that he was chosen to be Captain America.
Bucky would be a bad Cap just like Walker was, they did not had the right mindset to wear the mantle. This was show in the series comparing how the three was handling the whole Flag Smasher thing.
You guys forget that Captain America main power is the ability to inspire hope in others, and Sam can do that, he was already doing that before being the Falcon.

Bucky: he doesn't inspire hope, he's badly damaged, he's just started to heal his mind.
Walker: he is just a good soldier and a government lap dog.

Sebastian Stan is having the role of his life as Bucky, his future in the MCU is bright(probably taking the role of the Black Widow in the Avengers as the spymaster of the group) and he is happy with his character growing because let's be honest, the MCU Winter Soldier is way more development than his comics counterpart.

Now that the show has wrapped I feel the same way about this figure as I did when it was announced: too much money for too little. We can?t get a handgun like he actually used in the show? If he sits around like Infinity War Star-Lord and can end up being had from Hong Kong for close to or under $200 I would pick him up, but no way would I pay close to $300 with tax and shipping.

:exactly: Agreed. I'm feeling that way about a lot of Hot toys figures atm so am hardly pre-ordering any HT figures these days... I'm just gonna wait it out with this one I think, see if I can pick it up cheaper after release.

Hope HT make Zemo figure at some point though - he was great! :)

They didn't do Bucky a disservice AT ALL. Bucky has a LOT to work through after everything he's been through, and this is just the beginning of his journey to feeling truly human again. The show portrayed his inner turmoil to adjusting back to the real world so well, trying to work through his trauma and make amends for what he did as the Winter Soldier. To end the show happy, equals and partners with Sam? It's a great stepping off point for the rest of his journey back to being a hero, and Sebastian Stan is having the time of his life playing Bucky, there's no way he's walking away from it. Especially not now that he gets to work with Mackie more on a movie (presumably). Seb is the biggest Bucky fan out there, he's living his best life getting to develop Bucky for longer than 15 mins of screentime. The show wasn't perfect by any means but it was a lot better than what I'm seeing some people say on this board.

They didn't do Bucky a disservice AT ALL. Bucky has a LOT to work through after everything he's been through, and this is just the beginning of his journey to feeling truly human again. The show portrayed his inner turmoil to adjusting back to the real world so well, trying to work through his trauma and make amends for what he did as the Winter Soldier. To end the show happy, equals and partners with Sam? It's a great stepping off point for the rest of his journey back to being a hero, and Sebastian Stan is having the time of his life playing Bucky, there's no way he's walking away from it. Especially not now that he gets to work with Mackie more on a movie (presumably). Seb is the biggest Bucky fan out there, he's living his best life getting to develop Bucky for longer than 15 mins of screentime. The show wasn't perfect by any means but it was a lot better than what I'm seeing some people say on this board.

Well, hafta disagree with you.

IMO Bucky working though his issues I thought was appropriate; and Episode 1 I think handled that well.

But, considering Bucky's skill set, and history - he's a SNIPER, for one thing. All the way back to TFA, that scene where he is backing Cap, picking off targets. Methodical, calculating. Thinks fast, reacts fast. Even being pretty out of it in CW, he had a hidden bug out bag and an escape route. And just sayin' Bucky DOESN'T shoot Tony at least a couple of times in CW, when someone might have. He picks out a rifle to use. Even as little as Bucky showed up in IW; 3 shots, 3 Outriders go down. Might be silly but even grabbing Rocket is someone who can calculate and think fast. Outrider takes him down and he's got a knife out. Bucky shot Fury through a wall - and you'd need to calculate and line up those shots, and the Barrett is a big, heavy rifle.

This show pretty well tossed that out the window, having Bucky just charging after an unknown group of an assailants with his arm:slap. IMO it's just not something a trained assassin might do, and the former Asset sure didn't need Sam telling him how to take people out (that was laughable, all things considered:pfft:). Think he'd be a lot more calculating - one way or the other. Then there's the bit where u've got a couple of super soldiers holding Bucky by the arms - ok, but IMO as fight choreography goes, out of character. 'Coz Bucky doesn't react instantly; he just sort of stands there and makes a joke. Assuming Bucky's got some PTSD besides his training; he's gonna react instantly to someone hanging onto him like that. Super soldiers or not; the former Winter Soldier wouldn't be able to take out a couple of kids? After doing cage fights with Hydra's death squad:slap?

So, lots of plot service as far as the fights go; but except for the flashback scene Bucky's treated more like a bruiser re the the fights; maybe that was supposed to be part of his therapy (be nice; no guns; no knives; no putting people's eyes out etc). But he just didn't come off as SHARP, considering what Bucky knows how to do. Unless the implication is that the dusting caused him to lose brain cells.:google

Tho, I think a lot of this is the fight choreographers anyway. Outside of the flashback and some of the stuff with Walker, there's nothing that interesting about it. Even the Madripoor stuff - so a trained assassin being shot at runs down a fairly open street in a straight line? Just - no. The bar fight is edited so poorly and it's so murky; you can't even tell what's going on.

Did like him engaging with Ayo tho, brief as it was. But, a trained assassin is carrying a pistol, finally, but he's not carrying an extra clip? Srsly? Even an extra pistol? I'm even on the fence about the fight with Walker; Bucky can be beaten, and Walker is a highly trained soldier; but, Bucky has literally decades of experience. But, plot service; and they needed to have Falcon involved anyway.

IMO technically speaking, the whole plot line of this fragmented group in back alleys would've been more Bucky's thing anyway; which meant you could've done a lot of this show without Sam at all. Whether Bucky was softened up make a try at making peace with his past; or just to make Falcon look more in command and leadership material, dunno. Or whether it was just having people on board who didn't put their backs into it or just weren't very good fight choreographers. This show was pretty frustrating with its moments of brilliance, combined with absolute OTT lameness:stake. (And not even gonna go down the road about Falcon, since I ended up with moments of actual dislike.:stake)

Overall for me this show was a (painful) expensive missed opportunity in lots of ways; including even getting an interesting Bucky fig out of it. HT is including a rifle he didn't even use; and for me it would be the third time around:(. No Madripoor diorama stand or interchangeable jackets. Think this is one of HT's quick efforts; but they didn't have much to go on from the show costume designers anyway. Don't see much hope for the character going forward:( unless new writers and crew are brought in, so I am really gonna CHERISH what I already own. But now I can get the Avengers Cap:monkey3

Back